5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
Excellent little speakers!
They are louder and better quality than my laptop's internal speakers and they are small enough to carry around with it most of the time.
Published on March 2 2012 by Negi

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling
I bought these speakers about 4 months ago and have had the chance to use them about 5-6 times now on travel, and I've been mostly very happy with them.

Upon using them the first time, I (along with a few others, it seems) was pleasantly surprised by how loud they were able to get. If you're using them in a hotel room, for example, you're plenty set...
Published 22 months ago by AfroDiva

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling, June 17 2012
This review is from: iHome iHM78GX Rechargeable Mini Speakers (Gunmetal) (Electronics)

The sound isn't perfect, which is a trade-off with the size, but it's perfectly decent for use for most parties. As it gets louder, the sound sometimes comes off *slightly* hollow and tin-y. But again, not a major complaint point.

They're very light and portable (nice that iHome provides a small drawstring pouch to hold them in). In fact, I almost wish they were slightly heavier, or had more grip on the bottom - if you play a song with a lot of bass, it can rattle and shift around from the vibrations.

I like that it charges through a USB connector, though my complain on this end is that the cord (which is also used to connect to the two speakers) can get frustrating to use since it also contains 2 mini USBs and the audio jack, and you feel like you have wires going every which direction. The battery life is very solid. I can get mine to do about 6-7 hours without having to charge.

I would have to mention that, of the two speakers, I seem to have one that drains much faster than the other (as though it's always running or something). It may be a manufacturer's problem that's only affecting me. But it's still bothersome regardless.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend others to get it. For this price, I think it's worth it. If you're willing to spluge, though, the Jawbone Jambox is absolutely impressive, which a much richer sound and can connect wirelessly through Bluetooth.

PLUS:
- very light and portable
- able to get surprisingly loud

CONS:
- cables could be simpler
- sound quality isn't perfect, but still good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 2 2012
Excellent little speakers!
My biggest problem with them is the cable, it has 4 ends to it (usb, input, and 2 miniusb) which makes it tangle in a big mess. Another minor issue is the quality if the bass is turned off. (You may turn the bass on/off by opening the speakers). They seem to lose a little of the sound quality, but not a big problem.

Will recommend for cheap portable speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little speakers, Feb. 27 2013
Bob Monteith - See all my reviews
These are quite good. They are small and easy to pack around as the collapse, and have nice sound for watching movies or listening to music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 13 2012
Love them!!! They are so great for traveling and around the house! Small so easy to take places but go very loud! Great quality

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great!, Jan. 1 2012
great little speakers and easy to carry around when traveling. they were delivered very quickly too! my favorite purchase to date!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for teaching yoga, Dec 15 2011
I got these for my iPad. I chose these because of the reviews and also the price was much better than fancier looking ones I was going to get. I didn't find my iPad was loud enough when I teach my morning yoga classes so I wanted to add some force! I teach in a school gym and the ventilation was too loud. They work very well and have a much more full sound than the iPad. The ventilation was repaired before I had a chance to try them out but no matter, they sound great and I fully appreciate that they are rechargeable! They are compact and come with a carrying bag which is super handy. I believe I will take them with me throughout my travels and leave the laptop at home!

3.0 out of 5 stars iHome MiniSpeakers - are OK., Dec 13 2011
When I first received my iHome iHM78GC Rechargeable Mini Speakers (GREEN), they were BLACK. Apparently Amazon does not sell any other color yet they still advertise the Green and Pink versions. iHome iHM78GC Rechargeable Mini Speakers (Green). The Amazon photos show the speakers magnetically connected together, apart, and connected to an iPod shuffle but they do not show the long one piece mini-usb/stereo 3.5mm/USB cord. It is like a snakes nest when taken off of its little plastic cord holder. The speakers do not sit flat as the cords are heavier than the speakers. The "protective" case for the speakers is just a little pouch.
Sound quality is decent for the size of speakers. You are not going to get earth moving bass but they do sound better when the speaker is extended. Because the speakers are so light they do dance around when the volume is turned up. You do get what you pay for. I would not pay full price but the sale price is a good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Nov. 22 2011
These speakers are great for Travelling. I just recently bought them and used them on a trip this weekend and they worked wonderful. They have surprisingly good sound for such little speakers and they are very easy to move around as you need. I look forward to using them this summer camping and in outdoor situations where an ipod dock or a stereo isn't an option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ihome speakers, Oct. 13 2011
Excellent and very powerful. Plus don't have to plug in, they charge off the computer. I bought 3 sets as gifts and eveyone loves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little speakers I've heard - we take them everywhere with us, Aug. 24 2011
These are fantastic!

We use them for our iPod, iPhone, and iPad sound output when we're not using earphones. The sound quality is amazing for such little things, the USB charging is convenient and quick, the charges last a long time, and when they compress down to their small size and snap together using their magnets, they are easy to pack and take everywhere.

I love these speakers and make sure I've got them with me almost all the time.

ARRAY(0xb9770840)

iHome iHM78GX Rechargeable Mini Speakers (Gunmetal)
Used & New from: CDN$ 106.53