march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 26, 2011
As Don Drapper comes slightly undone and shows his cracks, season 4 is great! Well written, acted and visually so interesting with the 1960s details. My only complaint is I wish there were more episodes to make the pleasure last just a little longer. Mad men is my favourite show hands down and season 4 did not disapoint. I watched most episodes with the Matt Wiener commentary which is really interesting. Tried some of the actor commentary but it lacks depth: they talk about about what they think the characters think instead of talking about the filming process, decor, costumes or anecdotes. The divorce in the 60s featurette is interesting, but the others are not.
on May 3, 2011
I had to limit myself to one episode at a time, but in the end, I never resisted the temptation. It was that good. The shift in Draper's personality is quite interesting and not seeing too much of his ex-wife was a plus for me. Her caracter does definitely nothing to me. I love the actress though. Highly recommend the 4th season, it's worth the money.
on January 14, 2016
The season where the show started sliding and I stopped watching.

What was one of my favourite shows in its first couple seasons simply grew stale and I gave up. The characters are living in the 60s, but they don't seem to understand or truly be affected by the change going on around them as they stumble from one boozy lunch to the next awkward sexual encounter to the next boozy lunch.

The costumes are still great, the sets are still great. The cast does what it can with the material its given--but that material is very thin on character development and character insight. I bailed partway through season 3 but came back and finished that one, convinced myself it was good, then started this one. Nope. I don't get the hype around this show's fourth season. This emperor has no clothes.
on May 15, 2011
We enjoy the Mad Men videos.

What I would like to comment on is the quick response by Amazon to send a replacement copy when I reported that the original package did not contain the MadMen video. I will also note that the original package had been secured with shipping tape. My recollection is that amazon packages for books and videos do not use shiping tape on the exterior.

Thanks again for the fast replacement.
Ray
on July 1, 2013
Start by watching the first couple of seasons. They are wonderful. Of course the acting is good and its fun set back when women really were second class and smoking wasn't bad for you! It's set in an advertising company with pile of different characters. Clever show in which you find the story line always brings in various issues of the time.

It's now getting a bit boring.
on June 8, 2012
Wanting to check out the buzz around this program for myself so I purchased seasons 1-4 of MAD MEN. Suffice to say that MAD MEN will go down in TV history as one of the best, most entertaining, well produced & acted shows every. Right up there with I LOVE LUCY & SEINFELD. Just try to only watch 1 esipsode at a time. AMAZING. Treaty yourself and get the blu-ray version.
Another great season in this Series, I own them all on DVD and will watch them many times. I am only disappointed that the 5th season has been post-phoned for a year!

Great show, AMC, you rock for shows!!
on December 25, 2012
Excellent presentation. Helpful review and special features. I definitely intend to purchase
next season package.
Two more words: cheers, cheers.

I fully recommend.
on October 24, 2011
Awesome product...very prompt shipping...good communcation...site is great to work with...I love Don Draper, Joan and Roger Sterling...Go Team Mad Men!!!
on November 23, 2015
shame the series was cancelled