5.0 out of 5 stars Super Point and Shoot Camera Canon ELPH 100

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag
Published on Oct. 14 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Point and Shoot Camera Canon ELPH 100, Dec 26 2011
Bill Wilkat "Golfnut" (QC. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 4X Optical Zoom (Blue) (Camera)
How can you go wrong with products made by companies like Canon, etc.? They are top notch! I am a Pentax lover from way back, but I never found a Pentax "point and shoot" camera that packs the features of the Canon Elph series and especially at the price I got on my 100 model ($139 Ca including delivery). Once again I was impressed with Amazon.ca and do not hesitate to advise friends and family to buy on line for great product, price and service!

It has a long lasting lithium rechargeable battery, uses standard SD cards, and is just so darn handy to use, and so "user-friendly" to learn how to use that you barely need a manual of any kind! I especially like the slow motion and simulated fisheye features as they are a lot of fun to play with, and there's more: like the toy affect, etc. You will not be disappointed with this camera, and I'd be very surprised if anybody did not like it--it's that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars replaced an SD1200IS, June 25 2011
G. Dalcourt - See all my reviews
This camera was replacing a canon SD1200IS because we weren't happy with the grainy night shots. In my opinion this camera fixed the bottleneck of the lower model ELPHs and threw in great high def. video capabilities. This camera is the best bang for the buck of the point and shoots as well as supporting the new SHXC cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars CANON IXUS/ELPH 100, Sept. 12 2011
Great product. Extremely short startup time. Great pictures. Excellent HD movies - perhaps even better than my Sony HD CAMcorder.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag, Oct. 14 2011
I bought this to replace an Ixus 780, & they're both very similar in appearance & size. However, what is gained in picture quality (pixels mostly) is lost in usability & construction. The Elph 100 is, I suppose, clad in metal, but the feel is rather flimsy, like an empty pop can. It doesn't have the solid feel of the earlier model. Nor is it as ergonomic. The necessarily small buttons don't have that finishing touch to inspire confidence, such as a slight shaping of the touched surfaces, & less slippery-ness than the rest of the body. But my worst complaint is with the rocker switch, which is very poorly executed. It is shaped so your finger just slips off before you actually press. Previous models had a lovely chrome ring around the outside of this selector ring, which kept your fingertip in place while pressing, but not here, so it smacks of thoughtlessness in search of economy.
On the other hand, the price is right, & was about $100 less than the earlier model.
But in retrospect, I wouldn't buy this again if I knew what I know now. It's just not very user friendly, so I am rather reluctant to pop it out of my pocket & snap away, knowing I'll have to struggle with the adjustments I want to make when selecting preferences from the pleasantly laid out menu.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon has done it again!, April 16 2011
Once again Canon has impressed us! Love this camera. The true colours of the pics are amazing. The larger LCD screen is great for gramma's and grampa's and the videos are as good as it gets!Definitely worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera!, Dec 16 2012
This is the second time I had to buy this camera, due to thievery. Was contemplating upgrading to a newer model of the ELPH HS, the upgraded models include a bulkier design, or a touch screen that barely works. I looked high and low for the exact same model for the slimmer size, and actual buttons, as the touch screen does not respond to 2/3 attempts to press the same option whether in the automatic settings or the more advanced settings. Too bad Canon discontinued selling this product in stores, if you find a Canon ELPH 100 HS, I would suggest buying this product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Canon ELPH 100, March 21 2013
Hello at Amazon,
It appears that you sold to me used camera for the price of new one.
It was even not properly packed, there is some kind of glue at the bottom of camera and no camera's
cover has been provided.
Another words, it is totally different when I got mine first same model from other on-line store.
I am not sure if I need to thank Amazon for that.
Regards, Valery Kats.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this little camera, Oct. 10 2014
I love this little camera! That's why I had to have another one, when it was taken from under our table at a restaurant. I was so upset. Didn't get the pictures back, but I got this camera off Amazon, and I'm very pleased with it. I will keep this one in my purse, as it's so small, I can. But it takes very clear, nice pictures. I'm very happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing deal!, July 25 2012
Canon demonstrate me again that is the best on the market for digital cameras. Even if is discontinued the ELPH 100, is a very good deal as price and quality. Definetly will share my impression with friends and will buy another in couple of years when this one will get old. By the way, i still have the PowerShot SD 450 ELPH that work perfectly after 7 years of usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Point and shoot, Sept. 8 2012
I'm really not an expert with cameras, but this camera is exactly what I was looking for. It's easy to use, the pics come out really great and it's small. Even in low light with no flash the pictures were in focus. The video quality is great too. Definetly the best point and shoot camera I've ever owned.