5.0 out of 5 stars blowmedowner - new Canaon T3i
Published on June 21 2012 by blowmedowner

3.0 out of 5 stars the price?!?
I have this camera for some time now and it's amazing. Out of curiosity, I've been monitoring the price for a while and can't understand how you came up with something like $1400.00?? everywhere else you can buy this item for $600!!
Just for this reason, I rate it a bit lower.
Published on Dec 12 2012 by Lucy

5.0 out of 5 stars blowmedowner - new Canaon T3i, June 21 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18.0MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Zoom Lens, Black (5169B004) (Camera)
I have now been using my Canon T3i for about a month and have been totally satisfied with it. I have also been able to use the two Canon lenses I already owned. I have been particularly pleased with the ease of using the live screen viewfinder which is so helpful for close-ups with any accessories and can be adjusted to any angle, or kept closed when only the eye-level vf is required. I also purchased the MeiKe battery grip for $49, a fraction of the cost of Canon's own model, but works just as well as the BG I have for my T1 for which I paid 5 times as much for Canon's own version.
Delivery was within the specified time, but on receiving the package I was alarmed to find that the bottom of the (used) box was almost falling off. However, fortunately, on opening the package the inner container, the camera's own box, was in perfect condition, and so was the camera itself. I would recommend that a better quality outside box be used on future shipments of that value. Aside from this potential problem, I can happily endorse the reliability and ease of doing business with Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Feb. 1 2012
This is the first DSLR camera I have ever purchased, I've read so many good things about it so it was a must for an amateur like myself. Easy to learn and the quality of the photos and video are just phenomenal! No more point and shoot cameras for me! Definitely worth the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon T3i, Dec 27 2011
Very good Camera! Photos are so good they frequently don't require any editing to adjust contrast, colour or sharpness. The only fault I have found after 8 months is the slow focusing when using the LCD monitor to frame the shot. Using the viewfinder, focus is vertually instantaneous;using the LCD, it spends a second or two of fishing for the focal point. Not sure what the difference is in the OS for the two modes but the latter can be frustrating when a quick shot is attempted.EOS Rebel T3i (600D) 18.0 MP 3.0 In. Swivel LCD Full HD Video Digital SLR Camera Body - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners and pros!, Feb. 11 2014
The canon t3i is a great camera for beginners and pros alike. The easy to access settings makes using your own creative style quick and easy. I started with this camera and it has helped me to build my confidence and skills in using DSLR cameras to the point where I am ready to expand my lens collection and purchase even more accessories to further my photography career. I love the light weight and small, but solid, size of the t3i. It makes it easy to carry around without getting tired, while still being able to get sturdy, crisp shots. I would definitely recommend this camera to anyone looking to get started in DSLR and maybe eventually want to upgrade or move forward in their photography career as well. Well worth the price, a cheap price at that 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Camera, Jan. 10 2014
lowercase i (Port Burwell, ON CA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a good camera that would allow me to control depth of field. I never dreamed this would have so many features. I find I'm using it far more than I had anticipated. I take it with me practically everywhere, and I find I'm beginning to look at the world very differently... appreciating small things like drops of water on a plant. If you buy this camera I would also highly recommend that you also purchase the following book: "Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera" by Bryan Peterson.

5.0 out of 5 stars canon rebel t3i, Aug. 14 2011
seto (vancouver canada) - See all my reviews
great camera and comes with every thing it says(eg the camera body, 18-55mm lens). it ship fast (it came to my house in 12 day). it was a good buy and i will recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific Value in this camera, May 1 2014
I am an 'older' and retired professional photographer. The Canon T3i is an earlier model (2011) of their series, thus the reduced prices. Consumers Reports gave glowing review - beating out another Canon valued over $1,000.00. My first DSL - so there is a major learning curve here, more to do with simply experimenting often to get used to the possibilities. Purchased the 55 - 250mm IS lens with this camera, tried it once and was extremely pleased with ease of operation and clarity of image. On one occasion the auto focus lens had trouble getting the job done - too many cat tails in the way. A simple flick of a switch on side of lens so I could manual focus and the shot was accomplished before subject flew off. Very pleased. All in all, terrific value and FAR more camera than I will probably use, but will have a great time learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to get into, Feb. 8 2014
hard to put it down!
I'm a hobby photographer living out in the bush, where I take lots of pics of wildlife and my family, as well as being hired here and there for weddings, workshops etc. I like the easy handling of the Canon, it's perfect for someone, who has the right feel for situations and angles without necessarily a professional understanding of photography - the camera enables you to take pictures like a pro and makes up for a lot of deficiency in the knowlegde elsewhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Dec 2 2013
This is a great camera, you can take great pictures and never read a instruction manual. Every time I go out with it my pics are improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for starting out, April 19 2014
I wanted a good camera for our cruise. I find this camera easy to use and very good quality. After seeing our photographer at work use this camera for over two years every single day, taking hundreds of shots a day, I knew this camera's durability could not be questioned. Very glad I purchased.