5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera
My first Canon powershot just died (I can't remember how old it was) so I went for this one.

When I heard that it filmed in 720 HD I was blown away. I just need a good camera. Everything else is bonus.
I put the video straight to my AppleTV and it looks great on my 50" plasma.

Small, inexpensive, great for a mid range memory snapshot taker like...
Published on Sept. 18 2011 by Andrew Brideau

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad
Liked this camera picture quality for the price but the lens got stuck in the out position and then it couldn't work
Published 19 months ago by Miriam Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, Sept. 18 2011
Andrew Brideau (Cambridge, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with Full 1080p HD Video (Red) (Camera)

I put the video straight to my AppleTV and it looks great on my 50" plasma.

Small, inexpensive, great for a mid range memory snapshot taker like me.

Drew

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, Dec 30 2011
Finally a modern digital camera that doesn't take awful indoor pictures.

Ever since cameras went over 2MP I haven't had much luck with indoor shots. iPhone 4 is awful. Seems I lose a 1/4 of my pictures to indoor issues. I never had this problem with my 2MP Canon S100 Elph from ten years ago. Just the more recent cameras.

The other great feature is one click video recording via a dedicated button. No more trying to quickly switch modes back and forth and forgetting what mode you left it in. I find I use video a lot more as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little point and shoot camera!, Dec 23 2011
Sandy Cochrane (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This little camera, and I mean "little" is so perfect to slip in your pocket and go. It takes great photos and video. We bought this camera to supplement our large SLR (also Canon) for those times when you don't want to bring the larger camera (to the beach, pool etc...) and now I prefer the simplicity of this point and shoot. I really like using the preset options like "vivid" or "super slow motion video", the preset (about 30 presets) make picture taking more fun and you end up with spectacular results. I even enlarged a photo to a 3' x 4' poster and the quality is amazing! I have had several Canon cameras in the past and they have always been reliable and deliver great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon ELPH Camera, Dec 30 2011
Bruce P. Bouer (Rockland, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this camera as a gift for my daughter and she is thrilled with it. Loves the features, i.e. rotating picture, the clarity of the pictures. A great product and not too expensive considering all the extras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera review, Dec 30 2011
Bought this as a gift for my daughter. Her comments were "great size", "wonderful features" and most important - "excellent picture quality"

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, Dec 28 2011
Just got this camera before Christmas and it takes lovely clear photos. Still having a little problem getting the telephoto to stay "put" in the position I want, but think it is my problem, not the camera. Just need more practice. Took some gorgeous photos of a sunrise the other morning and have never had a camera that has taken them so lovely (especially for a point and shoot)

Would recommend this is any novice photo taker that wants good Quality photos for a reasonable price.

Queenie

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera i've ever owned, March 7 2014
I'm not DSLR guru, but this camera is really excellent. I use it to take pictures of receipts and statements for tax purposes. The quality is excellent in low light conditions, and you can easily make out all the words etc.
I love it, way faster than a scanner, will recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Point and Shoot Camera, Feb. 12 2014
A very nice, very portable camera that has quite a number of features that are easy to access and use intuitively for a great sale price.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, May 4 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars review, March 26 2013
Fantastic camera, Canon has made the camera so idiot proof, I thing I choose a good one, when I bought this camera