1.0 out of 5 stars terrible quality product, May 25 2011
D. Larsen (BC CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
This item is of terrible quality, the worst I've seen in a long time. The wood is unfinished, you have to assemble it yourself, and the included screws are too small for the holes in which they go into. Both of the cutting guides were warped, but one was warped so bad it would hamper bread slicing, which is the entire reason I purchased this. Save yourself the hassle of a return and buy something else.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor construction, Dec 16 2011
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
I thought this bread slicer would be an ideal companion with my breadmaker. I find the wood flimsy and after slicing my (1.5lb)whole wheat bread a few times, the slotted sidewall guides came tumbling down. The tiny wood screws that came with it are too small and the wood is too soft to keep the wooden guides on. However, after using the proper woodscrews and bonding the the wooden guides with Gorrilla Glue(any wood glue will work), that thing is almost indestructible. I also find the bread slices are too thick( considering it's made of wood, the guide would break like matchsticks if they were any thinner). For the price I paid for it, you get what you pay for.

Pros: Price is reasonable, entry level. It does the job of a 1.5lb breadloaf
Cons: Somewhat flimsy construction
Breadloaf larger than 1.5lbs can be a tight squeeze(made from a Breadman breadmaker). Otherwise if you use a regular oven
breadpan, it's ok.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, Oct. 27 2012
S. Coe (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
Fell apart the day we got it. So poorly constructed the side parts just snapped along the wood grain at the slightest pressure. Absolutely pathetic. AVOID.

1.0 out of 5 stars what a peice of crap, March 27 2012
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
i cant believe how completely shoddy the workmanship on this item is! it is sooo cheaply made that the screws, when you are putting it together strip the predrilled holes sooo easily that its very frustrating. i had to buy bigger screws and wood glue trying to make it work but im afraid that its useless and the repairs wont last as it is VERY rickety and cheaply made. this item is really inexpensive so i guess you get what you pay for. a lesson learned i guess!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bread Slicer, Jan. 4 2012
E. Thomas (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
This arrived broken. It was in several pieces. It did not include any instructions on how to assemble or how to care for it.
It's fragile.
I couldn't be bothered to return it for another. So my husband just put it together with some extra screws.
It was difficult to use. It was wobbly. And a bread knife couldn't reach the width between the 2 cutting sections.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, June 10 2011
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
And though I would much prefer a wooden product like this to some sort of plastic, I do find this product to be a bit "flimsy". So be sure to use extra care when cutting so as not to break this delicate product! Aside from that, cuts bread into nicely portioned thickish slices. I love my bread slicer, just have to be very careful when using it. I bought this to slice my homemade bread from my new Zojirushi BB-CEC20BA Home Bakery Supreme, Black/Stainless, which by the way works absolutely wonderfully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bread Slicer, wooden, March 19 2012
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
This slicer has screws that don't go into the wood deep enough to make it sturdy.
We used this slicer once and it busted. Then we tried our own longer screws. It just split the wood so we threw it out.

1.0 out of 5 stars bread slicer, June 25 2012
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
the slots are too wide - you get very thick pieces of bread
not very sturdy or durable - one side fell off within a week due to the small size of the screws holding it on and the thinness of the wood

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly breakable, Nov. 19 2011
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
Because it is thin balsa wood with long slots, it broke 3 times while I was assembling it. I have used it once and my husband had to hold it together while I did. But then it worked OK.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE!, April 8 2012
This review is from: HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer (Kitchen)
Just like the other mentioned.. the screws don't reach and it is a very poor quality item! I wish I had of read the reviews before I bought it! Never would have! DON"T waste your money!!

HIC Brands 1261 Bread Slicer