5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful inside view of Hong Kong
Hong Kong is often a study of the absurd, but it always has a way of captivating you. This movie manages to capture much of both sides of this. While those who know Hong Kong find some of the continuity a little jumpy (how do they get from Hong Kong to Kowloon and back so fast?), it is a gem of a visual introduction to living in the real Hong Kong. Filmed almost entirely...
Published on May 12 2004 by David Runacres

3.0 out of 5 stars Arthouse flick that might not be for everyone's taste
Chungking express has some bizarre yet interesting group of characters.
A lonely, heart-broken cop talks about pineaples, expiry dates on cans and jogging to get rid of his excess body of water so he can't shed tears. he falls in love with an attractive chinese drug smuggler who thinks about liking pineapples one day and liking something else the next.
Another...
Published on Sept. 9 2002 by Mark Twain

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film, average disc, June 18 2009
Dennis Chang (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
I love this film. And so when I heard that the film would be re-released in blueray I knew that I had to get it.

There have been other reviews on the Internet from individuals with a mind for reviewing products (this product included). So I won't repeat what I read here. But my personal opinion about this disc is that it *should* have been the definitive disc. It has a nice main title screen, very user friendly. It is light on the extras. A commentary that I haven't listened to. My main problem with this disc is that it's a English subtitles only disc. I would prefer a chinese language subtitle as well. So the disc contained less than what I expected.

2.0 out of 5 stars LOUSY COVER DESIGN, Jan. 16 2003
By A Customer
I LOVE THIS MOVIE,EVERYONE OF THE CAST IS FANTASTIC.MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS WHAT THE HELL IS QUENTIN OR WHATEVER THAT THING IS CALLED HAS TO HAVE HIS GOD DAMN HEAD ON THE COVER OF THE MOVIE.SHAME!!!