5.0 out of 5 stars everything I expected it to be
Exceedingly happy with the iomega ix2-200. I was looking for something that included: offsite storage capability, print server, NAS, media streaming, and personal cloud. I got all I wanted in this device. Very pleased!
Published on Jan. 27 2012 by David Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Faint of Heart
I love what the NAS can do. It's a great media storage device. All my computers can access the media. I can view and play the media in iTunes. Super.

It's a great way to share the printer. Again, all computers can print to the one printer we have no matter where they are.

So why only 3 stars? It's not easy to set up. DO check the iomega forum for...
Published on July 22 2011 by Darlene

5.0 out of 5 stars everything I expected it to be, Jan. 27 2012
David Burton "David H. Burton" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Iomega 2 TB USB 2.0 eSATA 3 Gbits Professional Hard Drive 34527 (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Faint of Heart, July 22 2011
Darlene (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

So why only 3 stars? It's not easy to set up. DO check the iomega forum for this NAS. A lot of people are complaining that it is not for the general population. And they are right. And I have been using computers since 1984. It took me 3 weeks to get it up and running to do the things that I wanted. I have finally configured the remote access which is very cool. Access the drive from another computer via your specific iomega website. Nice. It's quirky though and I'm not sure I'd trust it as yet.

The Mozy backup drive doesn't seem to work either. I get a "coming soon" message.

If you can get the drive setup on your computer, I'd go for it. Pay Future Shop or a local company to do the job. It's worth the money for what it will save you in headaches and time.

ARRAY(0xaa3f348c)