summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 9, 2011
I have always had a soft spot for Paul Simon, he continues to be one of the best songwriters out there. Obviously if you're reading this you're already a fan, so let me assure you, this is not some oddball project or themed issue.. This is Paul Simon back in the studio doing what he does best, real music, for real people to enjoy. It's timeless and classic, just what I've been waiting way too long for. Glad to have you back Paul, I wish you had never left!!
on June 28, 2011
well, this man is nothing short of alive and active as an artist! if you have no idea what Paul Simon has been up to all these years, treat yourself, you wont regret it.

from the first humm-sound of the first bar of a suprise zoomy enterance, this is a well sourced and fun piece of work. and upon the 100th listen, its got the depth of a mature songwriter sharing his gift with us.

only growl: the visual artists who make the liner notes - the font is too skinny and the colors too close so you cant read it. dont you know the profile for the average listener would be approaching glasses stage? really stupid. but that's not Paul's handiwork - the proof is in the ear pudding

this is a master storyteller and wordsmith.
dont miss the candid magic - get it.
on August 21, 2013
This CD is a delight to listen to. I was amazed when I first listened and was even moved by some of the lyrics. The music is wonderful and the album calls for repeated listening. I have been a Paul Simon fan for years, but I was taken aback by how good this CD is. And beyond my usual admiration for the great work by a great artist, I also enjoyed the humour in some of the lyrics.
on November 11, 2015
I had bought and garage-saled in short order one of Simon's previous releases, "Surprise", but I'm glad I took a shot on this one. Here is Paul Simon, still vital after all these years. Like sitting down with an old friend and catching up after 20 years.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 3, 2011
Another great Simon album in the mold of "Graceland" or "Rhythm of the Saints". Various pieces of world music move in and around his lyrics creating a feel very similar to the two albums mentioned. The "but" that I refer to is that even though this is one of the best Paul Simon albums that I have heard in a long time, it probably won't make any new converts. His lyrics, while not entirely obscure, are certainly opaque. The "meanings" continue to elude the listener, even after repeated listens, rather like shapes glimpsed behind frosted glass. Having said that, it sounds great. Half the fun is just listening to the album. Highly recommended.
on October 6, 2015
Off-centre rhythms, beautiful poetry, and a mellower Paul Simon.
on July 15, 2015
very happy with cd
on November 22, 2011
I wondered about the new CD but I should have known Paul Simon would come up with a style that tweaks his older styles just right. I listened twice and loved it more the second time through as the songs grow on you and you hear the words and meaning more, rather than just kicking back and listening to his tunes. Luved it!
on January 7, 2012
Paul Simon is a long time favorite. His guitar performance is outstanding and of course his lyrics are poetry. The spiritual tone of this these recordings is inspirational with a modern take.
on July 4, 2011
So beautiful to get stuff on time, in good shape (brand new) and at home !

Thanks