5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!!
Published on May 16 2011 by Eric Chiasson

3.0 out of 5 stars good
The video is good,but the sound quality is very poor.It's got the greats:Highway...,Live Wire,and others.The bottom line is: good choice of songs, bad sound quality!!
Published on May 4 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!!, May 16 2011
Eric Chiasson "Evil Night" (New-Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AC/DC: Let There Be Rock (DVD)
I've been waiting for this movie/concert to be released on DVD for a long time. I remember buying it on VHS back in 1989 & I would set my VCR on fire with that tape (we not literally, but you know what I mean). This concert represents the AC/DC that I always loved. Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge fan of the band & seeing them live in the summer of 09 is one of the biggest highlight in my life. It's just that I've never cared much for the huge stage, big lighting rig, fancy production or the props, like the bell for "Hell's Bells" or the canons for "For Those About to Rock (we salute you)". In my own humble opinion, this concert is AC/DC at his best. The band on a dim lighted stage with nothing else but their instrument & ripping through a thunderous set list. From Bon Scott tearing the side of pants to Angus Young switching right in the middle of "Whole Lotta Rosie", this is as raw as it gets. Speaking of Angus, he just looks like he's possessed by the devil. He's just all over the stage. The band definitely play with a "Something to prove, nothing to lose" attitude, but I think the highlight of this concert is singer Bon Scott. A truly a one of a kind persona who entertained millions of fans only like he could until his untimely death in February 1980. I think that this show demonstrate exactly was Bon Scott was all about. His unique rock n' roll voice & charisma was, & still is in some way, a big part of the AC/DC magic. A must have for all fans, I just can't wait to see what it will look & sound like on DVD. The only thing that bothers me is that the song "Walk All Over You" is not heard in its entirety & they cut off "T.N.T.". But this is still a must have for all fans. A classic show from a classic era of AC/DC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud, Stupid, Vulger and I wouldn't have it any other way!!, Oct. 20 2011
Stephen Bieth (Mississauga/ Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I saw this movie in high school. They actually put stacks in the theatre to give it concert sound. That was cutting edge in 1981. I couldn't make out what they were saying in the interviews but I loved it. Fast forward to 30 years later and it's finally out. Fixed up and looking and sounding better then ever. I know some people here have knocked the sound but be thankful that any of this exists. I know now a days you can cut an album in your bed room and film a concert with a bunch of cell phones but at that time it was a big deal and very expensive to film (yes film) a concert (on a side note I love the irony that just as technology gets good enough and cheap enough to film shows that it comes at a time when little to none good music is being made. Yes I am sure in twenty years people will be climbing over each other for that Killers DVD lol). This film captures AC/DC just as they hit their stride as a world class rock band. More importantly we get see Bon Scott in all his glory. I love this film it's got everything that makes rock films great. Loud music, stupid questions asked to the band (are you thinking about the third world war? What does that even mean (LOL and of course swearing and drinking throw in some boobs and drugs and you have the perfect rock film. I can not get over how much they have fixed up the print and the sound! I know now a days everybody wants everything perfect but that's not what rock music was suppose to be about. It was suppose to be about a bunch of people getting together to make a lot of noise. Not because they could play but because they loved the music. In a world were you need to be perfect looking and have some huge faceless corporation behind you to get on the radio it's nice to see there was a time when it was about the music and having a great time not machines that put the artist (I use that word loosely) voice in tune singing a song written by someone they never have meet and $200.00 concert tickets. Real music might be dead but at least we have a bunch of great records and an amazing film like this. And on the seventh day God said "Let There Be Rock"!

4.0 out of 5 stars Its amazing that we can even have this video, July 29 2014
This review is from: AC/DC: Let There Be Rock (DVD)
One of Bon Scotts lasts live performances! Its amazing that we can even have this video, the format is not going to fit in the modern hdtvs but who cares, if you are a true AC/DC fan you will want to have this piece of history in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for AC/DC fans., May 16 2014
Loved the movie. Packaging and blu-ray quality was great. I really enjoyed the supplemented interviews with other musicians about the band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like old times, Aug. 19 2013
Member 121 (Okanagan Valley, BC) - See all my reviews
My buddies and I used to watch this video back in the 1980's. Now it's on DVD. Excellent quality. A few extras included. The best part is the guys playing in concert just like I remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars ACDC Let There Be Rock, April 15 2013
This review is from: AC/DC: Let There Be Rock (DVD)
excellent video of ACDC in the old days with Bon Scott my friends like it. would recommend it to any ACDC fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie But Too Many Interviews!, June 19 2002
I think that this is the most poverful Bon Scott era video I have ever seen. Angus young is in great form. I JUST LOVE it when he gets into all of his spasms on stage. Angus also shakes his head all over the place constantly. I loved all of the songs especially an in your face version of Bad Boy Boogie as well as a great solo from Angus just before the end of Rocker. Bon is in great form and I loved their versions of Sin City and Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be. But I would rather see them perform instead of conducting interviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Man o' Man, Aug. 1 2001
Thgew (The Grave to the Left of Bon Scott's) - See all my reviews
This is one true headbangin' good time captured on tape. Angus rips through solo after @ss-kickin' solo as Malcolm, Phil, and Cliff lay down the ballbustin' rhythm. Aside from an incredible concert full of calssic tunes played to perfection, this video, for me anyway, is FUNNY. One can't help but to laugh manically at Angus's slow, rhythmic stripdown before he moons the audience, (the funny aspect being the fact that he's really, really ugly). The first time I saw it, I just rolled on the floor.
The second funniest part in the film would have to be the attempted "interviews" with each band member. With the exception of Bon, the interviewer asks his questions, and subsequently gets the same response from each member: a five second blank stare, followed by "Ummm...", "Yeah", or "I-uh... I don't know." Harsh as it may seem, it's just flat out funny.
Every fan of AC/DC should own this video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon's "bon-voyage" video rocks Paris, Nov. 3 1999
By A Customer
You have to overlook the sound quality a bit but this is the highest voltage AC/DC show that I have seen. Angus works his buns off and sweats so much that his SG short-circuits during "Whole Lotta Rosie". He recovers nicely in time for the classic finale. Keep an eye out for the moon view of his rump during "Bad Boy Boogie". Bon is in classic form as he charms the 1979 Paris audience into chanting along to "The Jack". Outstanding versions of "Live Wire" and "Sin City" are to be heard here. If you want to get better sound quality then get the CD version of the concert in the box set "Bon Fire".

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Scott .... Raw !!, Dec 17 2011
This review is from: AC/DC: Let There Be Rock (DVD)
A totally AWESOME concert from the Bon Scott era of AC/DC !!

Mr Scott was the true voice of this superb metal band until his untimely death ...

While his replacement DID keep the band going thru the following years ... to me there is no comparison !!!

RIP BON

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

AC/DC: Let There Be Rock
AC/DC: Let There Be Rock by Eric Mistler (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 49.98 CDN$ 35.52