Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools Fall

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on March 21, 2012
I used to be a regular at gym classes but I just can't seem to fit them in anymore. I used Wii Fit for a while and Just Dance. I didn't find Wii Fit as fun or intense as I prefer. I enjoy doing Just Dance but don't find it a workout. I thought that I'd try ExerBeat because the description on the back sounded interesting and it was the least expensive exercise game I could find that day. I liked it from the start. The things that I like the best is that it starts with short one and two minute exercises which a person can string together and then gradually works up to workouts that are 20 to 30 minutes. Seeing as it has been a while since I've done boxercise or aerobics classes, I enjoyed being allowed to gradually work my way back into it. I also appreciate that once I caught on, I could move into more active and challenging routines. The walking around the globe feature is cute and motivating at first. However, now that I've used this game more I think that I would prefer that the walking part could be set up so that I would only do it at the end of my entire workout session not at the end of each segment. However, I still keep jogging in place during that part so it's not like it's wasted time. That's one little annoyance. The other is that the exercise leaders sometimes do a lot of extra talking at the end of the shorter exercise sequences. I find this particularly annoying with the stretching workouts. I wish that there was more stretching and less talking. Keep in mind, that these complaints are minor ones because as a person gets more advanced and the individual lessons get longer, they are less of a factor.

The features that I like the most:
1) The daily challenge - it strings together one to three exercises that seem to be selected randomly and it gives you a target percentage of moves that you have to get correct. I think that it started at about 60 or 70% but I'm now up to 90%. This can be very challenging. Also, because it gives the same challenge to everyone who plays the game that day, I can try to beat my husband's score!
2) Personal trainer mode - I really like this feature. You pick one of several options such as focusing on burning fat, developing cardio fitness, relaxation and then set a time limit and the game makes a little workout for you. Unlike the other exercises, it doesn't keep track of your score or give you medals but I do like it that one exercise is given after the other and I don't have to go back to the menu and select what I want to do next. The exercises I do in personal trainer mode count towards my daily stats and add miles for walking around the world.
3) The variety of exercises - In the old days I liked going to different exercise classes such as aerobics, step, boxercise and yoga. This game offers me the same sort of variety. I really like that. The Latin Dance and Hip Hop dances are fun and challenging right off the bat. The Karate and boxercise start out easy and then rapidly get faster and more difficult. I also like that there are pilates and yoga options as well because I'm the type that will skip the stretching!

For the price and what you get, I think that this is by far the best value in any sort of workout purchase you can make whether it be a workout video, a piece of workout equipment, a gym membership. And what's even better, both my husband and I like it.
on January 3, 2012
My 18-year-old daughter and I broke in the game over the Christmas holidays. After working with My Fitness Coach for the last year, I wanted something 'fun' to add to our fitness selection. ExerBeat seemed to be the most cost-effective, and physically effective, 'fun' exercise game based on my research. However, after experiencing Just Dance 3 ... then trying ExerBeat ... I was initially disappointed in ExerBeat.

So, you may ask, WHY THE 5 & 4 star rating??? WELL, as long as you put up with the slightly 'slow' and 'time-consuming' initial part of the game, it seems to come along just fine. I wanted more than just 30 seconds of karate or 2 minutes of aerobics per session before having to move on to the walk around the world. Now we're getting there. AND, I understand that once we advance even further, we can make use of the more personalized components and set duration choices for workout sessions.

The only thing that frustrates me now is the fact that I can't get the movements to register with my Wii remotes; that being said, my daughter has no problem with this. Conclusion??? Gotta admit - IT'S LIKELY ME!!!! ;)
on January 6, 2013
I've been working out with my Wii for years now using many different titles (My Fitness Coach, Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing, EA Sports Active, Biggest Loser, Hollywood Workout, Get Fit with Mel B and a few others not worth mentioning). This title is terrific because it offers so many different exercise options, allows you to mix them however you like and lets you workout controller-free! I especially love the karate, boxing, hip hop and Latin dancing!! I burn tons of calories and have fun doing it.
on June 27, 2011
Des heures et des heures de plaisir. Je l'aime beaucoup parce que je ne suis pas en forme et j'arrive à suivre.