1,147 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for myself!
I ended up buying 2 of these gift cards for myself, because I was trying to place an order that I wanted to split across 3 credit cards (2 Visa gift cards and my personal card). I get a lot of Visa gift cards as presents and every time I've tried to split a purchase across multiple cards at any 'bricks & mortar' store, I haven't had an issue.

When I contacted...
Published 16 months ago by Rav

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unsatisfied customer
Published on May 17 2011 by Bawb

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unsatisfied customer, May 17 2011
I purchased a Kindle for my wife on Amazon.com The product came and my wife loves it. I purchased a gift card on Amazon.com and it works like a charm. Now I live in Canada and I came across Amazon.ca. When it came time to purchase a new gift card, I purchased it on Amazon.ca. My wife registered it but could not get the purchases on her Kindle to recognize the new card. I was instructed that I would have to purchase the gift card on Amazon.com and I would be refunded the money from Amazon.ca. I purchased the card on Amazon.com and the activation worked like a charm.

However I still do not have a refund from Amazon.ca
It's very interesting that they can debit your card in seconds but it takes weeks to credit the same card.
How can that be.

A very dissatisfied customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way Too Many Restrictions, April 8 2012
Diane L. Scott (Alberta) - See all my reviews
I live in Canada while my family lives in the states. I purchased the gift card for my daughter in Kansas City, Missouri for a birthday gift. I had gone to the Amazon. com site but didn't realize that at some point it had reverted me to the .ca site. It wasn't until after my daughter received it and tried to redeem it that I received an email from her saying it was nonredeemable. She had sent a copy of the e-certificate and as I was reading through it I saw the address was the .ca site. So I emailed back and told her she would have to go to the .ca site to redeem it. Unfortunately, she can redeem on the .ca site but they won't ship to the US. What a bunch of crap this is!!! Amazon is Amazon, and it should make no difference where it is shipped to.

I am extremely disappointed with the process of this whole thing. From being reverted back to the .ca site unawares and then all the crap of my daughter trying to redeem the damn thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Kindle Allowed, Aug. 23 2012
I bought this gift certificate with the intention of allowing it's reciever to purchase books on her Kindle but only found out after that by purchasing it on the .ca site does not allow Kindle books to be purchased. I think that this is ridiculous and the .ca and .com site should be interchangeable for Kindle purchases. If amazon is going to treat Canadian purchases differently on their .com site (and by differently i mean not allowing Kindle books to be shared in Canada) then why are we only allowed to purchase kindle books from the American site?

3.0 out of 5 stars E-MAIL gift certificate, May 9 2012
Sent the certificate by e-mail but yet it took two weeks for the person to get it. What is the point of e-mail if you are slower than regular mail?

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for myself!, May 10 2013
Rav (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Amazon.ca Gift Certificates - E-mail Delivery (Ecard Gift Certificate)

When I contacted Amazon to do the same (I knew it wasn't possible online), I was advised that their system could only recognize 1 credit card! (What a pain!) So, their suggestion was to order 2 amazon gift cards, then apply both of those to my purchase with my personal credit card.

At least this was some solution, but it was a bit of an annoyance. I ordered the gift cards online, to be delivered by email, and received the confirmations about 20 minutes later. Then I was able to apply both and finish my purchase.

My only caveat (and the reason for 4 stars - besides the inconvenience above) is for people who purchase from the US (.com) site as well as the Canadian (.ca) site - apparently these things are NOT interchangeable, so make sure you know where your purchases will be made!

1.0 out of 5 stars bad idea, Oct. 3 2013
I bought a gift card for a relative, buying the email version, since i thought it would be the quickest and easiest way to send it to him. (he lives in a different province). But it was a COMPLETE hassle on both our ends to receive it. What shoul've been an automatic transaction, and received within a few minutes took about 4 days, before he was finally able to access it. Between not receiving the email, to the code not working out, to multiple other things...too long to get into. I will never buy an online email gift card again. Way too much headache for nothing. At least the customer service were VERY helpful. that made things a little better...but i still won't purchase another email gift card again.

1.0 out of 5 stars re e readers, Aug. 8 2013
Gave someone a gift cert so they could purchase a book on kindle and it could not be redeemed. I could email the gift and recommend what book should be bought with it but I guess it's just for hard cover books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gift Certificate Complaint, March 31 2012
On approximately February 28, 2012 I ordered a $50 gift certificate to be delivered by email on March 1 to a friend for his 65th birthday. On or about March 4 I had the courage to ask if he'd received it. I almost did not ask, but if I had not I would never have learned that he DID NOT receive his gift certificate. We waited, I checked my order, he checked his spam folder ... he is a regular customer to Amazon. I was charged. It was never delivered. The "specialness" of the gift was lost, and had now become somewhat of an inconvenience (most regrettably for the birthday "boy"). In the end, another was resent and received, only to learn that he had a .ca account and not a .com account--and that a .com gift certificate can not be used on a .ca account. Back to the internet for information, contact number to call, times to call, etc. where a helpful representative explained to me how to rectify my situation. I cancelled the one, ordered another, and gave thanks the whole thing was over. This was during a very busy time of organizing for the "special" birthday and a hassle with an online gift certificate, chosen specifically for its presumed ease, was the last thing I needed. I wouldn't have said anything and just avoided the option in the future, but you asked for my review and there you have it; my review of the most recent item purchased through Amazon. Connie

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Card, March 27 2014
Birthday gift for son-in-law unfortunately purchased through American website instead of Canadian. Could not convert to the Canadian gift card so had to purchase another on Canadian website. It seems I will have to use this to purchase Kindle items only as shipping costs are prohibitive. Would have liked to use some to purchase an iTunes card but that doesn't seem to work either. Realize my mistake but had thought Amazon was Amazon and country not an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Idea, Nov. 3 2013
My daughter suggested an Amazon gift certificate for her birthday, as she wants to build up her home library. It was a fast & easy gift to obtain. My daughter was happy. What more can I say?!

Amazon.ca Gift Certificate (E-mail) - All Occasions