5.0 out of 5 stars awesome camera
this camera is such a great camera. we took it on our trip to cuba and did underwater pictures and everything and it worked sooo well. my boyfriend who i bought it for was very inpressed. the pictures looked very nice on the computer when we went through them. if your looking for a waterproof camera then this is the one for you!
Published on Nov. 21 2011 by addicted to amazon

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed.
I got 2 of these cameras. One is perfect and in brand new condition. The other one looks used and has cracked screen. Not impressed with the word "rugged" when it comes to this camera. I'd like to exchange 2nd unit or get it repaired.
Published on Aug. 9 2011 by Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome camera, Nov. 21 2011
This review is from: PENTAX Optio WG-1 14 MP Rugged Waterproof Digital Camera with 5X Optical Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD (Black) (Camera)

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% BEST Camera ever!, Sept. 21 2012
NB: I have 7 cameras, from $80. to $800. and this is the ONLY one that didn't make me want to throw it against the wall.
I was apprehensive when I saw the huge manual that came with this as usually you only get a pamphlet but I have not even had to read it yet because the built-in info is so simple to follow...

•EASY to use for everyone - 'AUTO' takes care of every task
•LARGE, VERY CLEAR Screen - Hi Def - I can read and see without my 'old-person' glasses! (a first!)
•FRIENDLY, ACCESSIBLE feature menus - Explanations of each function right on the screen
•BEAUTIFUL IMAGES right out of the box! - I used 'auto' and took pictures of mountains and also coins (you can read the dates on them!!)
•ZERO CAMERA SHAKE with one handed shots and very trembly hand - even close up!!
•MANY special functions that normally you would need editing software for are easily done on the fly with the actual camera. (panorama w/auto-stitch, motion pics, built-in filters... SO MUCH more...)
•I look forward to using this camera for everything and may even buy another one so I will always have one with me!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this camera - worth far more than the $200. price range, and oh yes, did I mention a 7 year old was able to 'figure it out' completely unsupervised?

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed., Aug. 9 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy this again, Jan. 25 2012
Bought this for my vacation. I was very paranoid trusting an electronic device in water but said "what the hell" since the product was rated waterproof 33ft deep. When you first install your battery and memory card, there's a spacing nearby you can see the camera's main circuit board. I was really unsure and told myself the seal better hold. Well guess what....it didn't.

I tried shooting video in less than 6ft water. This was so I could press the button before entering the water avoiding moving seals and maintain the camera at it's perfect watertight efficiency. Well water got in through the battery seal...and the hdmi connector seal.

Now you might say it was damaged on the plane or during transport. I had this camera carry on near me at all time. I would never suggest this to anyone. Amazon should remove this item from their sales as it does not do what it says it does.

The only reason I even gave a star is that I managed to take a few pictures when I first got to the hotel and it takes great photos outside water. It has limited zoom though.

The Coleman that is much less expensive seems visually more watertight.