countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools Registry

Color: Black|Change

If ever there was a product that cried out for an Amazon video review, it's Clocky. This thing is so much fun to play with. It sounds like R2 D2 from Star Wars, and after the first time you hit the snooze alarm it jumps off the table or nightstand and runs around the room a beepin' and a flashin'. You can see it works pretty well on the carpeting and it moves even faster on our tile floors. It can jump down from up to 3 feet without killing itself which is more than you need for most nightstands. I don't know if you can see from the video, but it's made pretty well and seems sturdy.

I bought it for my sister who thinks it's cute during the day but doesn't like chasing it in the morning. I tried to capture her on video, chasing clock in a real live morning situation, but her words were "unkind" and not suitable for an Amazon review.

This makes a cute gift for the person who has everything but likes to sleep. I hope this video gives you a better idea of how cute this thing is. (Sorry for all the jiggling around. I really have to get a camera with some kind of stabilization feature).
on January 22, 2014
This thing is annoying like no other. It teases you. It starts ringing just long enough that you think you can stop it before it jumps off your nightstand, then laughs with its stupid adorable face as it jumps away from your groggy semi-lifeless grasp to shriek and beep all the way to the other side of the room, all the while watching you stumble out of bed glassy-eyed and confused. It's loud and has no volume button because this alarm could not give two hoots what you think of its volume. It doesn't care what you think of anything, it just wants you to get up. NOW.

I used to think it was cute. Now I know its deadened expression is an accurate representation of its true nature. It will get what it wants. And it wants you to get out of bed.
on February 9, 2014
I bought this for my best friend for her birthday about a year ago. She has a hard time not hitting the snooze button.. or turning it off by accident while she's half asleep.
This has definitely helped! Not to mention, it's really cute and makes nice noises!
on February 6, 2014
The alarm is quite loud and random, which definitely helps in waking me up. I am a heavy sleeper. The clock rolled off of my nightstand successfully (from about 2.5 ft). Although it worked well, it was a huge battery drain. I think I went through 2 sets of batteries in about 4 months. For this reason, I would probably look elsewhere when buying alarm clocks in the future.
on March 19, 2016
I used to literally press the snooze button on my phone for 3+ hours, no exaggeration. Even if I tried putting my phone at the opposite end of the room, I would get up, mindlessly swipe for snooze, and then get back into bed. Clocky, however, makes that mindlessly turning off alarms much more difficult. He begins making loud, random, kinda cute noises, rolls off of my dresser (a very small dresser) and begins rolling around my room. Clocky is loud and does a great job of waking me up, there are 5 people living in my apartment, each with separate rooms, but so far none of them have complained about being woken up by Clocky, which is something I was worried about. As an added bonus, I have actually been motivated to pick laundry off the floor of my room so that Clocky can roll around to his hearts content without being blocked by my messiness.... I've only used Clocky a couple of times now so I can't speak on battery life, and I have tiled floors so can't comment on carpet either. I don't own any screwdriver, so I asked my friend to borrow her pocketknife screwdriver, so I put Clocky in my very full backpack, carried it around all day waiting to meet my friend at night, seriously worrying about it breaking whenever I accidentally put my backpack down in a way to crush Clocky... but.... Clocky was fine all day, so, I'd say being crushed by a few textbooks and a laptop more than once and surviving unharmed is probably a good test of quality build. I also REALLY LOVE how it will tell me when my battery is low, my old alarm clock (which stopped working a while ago) didn't have that feature, so every once in a while, it just wouldn't go off and that's how I would discover the battery died... so... will have to wait for the battery to die to test that feature, but, very glad that it was included.
on October 17, 2012
It did what it was supposed to and got my son out of bed on time. It is not very mobile on carpeted floors though.
on July 3, 2013
This alarm is the best! OK, for starters it's very well made and solid. For almost $40 I was a bit hesitant, but once I received it, I realize why it was $40 and it's completely worth the money. It's easy to setup and set the alarm. The only thing is make sure you have one of those small star shaped screwdrivers (the really small ones) to open the battery compartment.

As for the alarm, it does what it says! It makes loud beep-boop sounds that wake me up, and I am a HEAVY sleeper. It jumped off my nightstand and rolled around my bedroom floor. I definitely had to get out of bed to shut it off. It works!

As a bonus, it looks pretty cute sitting on my nightstand too.

If you are a heavy sleeper like me and always oversleep like I used to... Get this alarm clock! You'll be glad you did.
on August 29, 2013
I ordered this because i have slept through every alarm clock i own. This clock is serious so loud and annoying that it really does wake me up! Its small enough to fit anywhere and is easy to adjust the time! I hate this thing so much because it wakes me up but i love it because it works! I am truly impressed! It came very quickly too! I ordered it on a Sunday and it came on Wednesday!! That is a huge plus to me! Love this clock!!
on October 19, 2013
Order arrived on time. Item worked as outlined. Noise is not excessively loud but the changes in noise helps to wake up. Rolls off the bedside table and small enough to hide under the bed. My dog barks at it excessively, further adding to Clocky's charm. Unable to add batteries to order but otherwise excellent buy and would highly recommend it.
on March 30, 2014
Really like this crazy little alarm, however it did break after the first couple of uses. One of the wheels came off, but I was able to repair it myself.

See 1 answered question