5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER PROTECTION
Does "bulk" up the Playbook quite a bit when the the removable cover/stand is used but you can be assured your baby is well protected, like the option for it's placement on the front to protect the display when traveling.

Published on June 3 2011 by Slivy58

3.0 out of 5 stars Your sacrificing style for security
The tablet will be well protected, but with the case it is very bulky (especially if you have the kickstand hooked up to the back). From a protection stand point, I tried dropping it from shoulder height (I'm 6 ft 4) and the tablet was fine.
Published 9 months ago by Moreek

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER PROTECTION, June 3 2011
Slivy58 (Cranbrook, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Otterbox Blackberry Playbook Defender Case, Black (77-19294) (Personal Computers)

Without the cover/stand the case gives it a nice firm feel (rubber texture) and lots of assurance you won't be dropping your Playbook too easily, also looks great and is well fitted... There is protection for all the ports and controls although it did not help with the power buttons sensitivity nor did it hinder it either.

The built-in clear screen shield is a nice addition, was contemplating removing the anti-glare screen protector I installed then decided to leave it in place... Was pleasantly surprised that I could not see a noticeable decrease in touch screen response so left as is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overkill?, Nov. 27 2011
This case is great if you ever have to take your PlayBook into combat. Consult physician before trying to lift it; case is heavy duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 21 2012
If you want a slim fashionable case look elsewhere. If you want a case that can protect your playbook from a 2 year old then this is what you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, April 19 2012
I am very impressed with this product. It is durable but also light weight. The screen protector is a thick plastic cover which is amazing since I am very hard on my Playbook and my 3 year old daughter uses it, it is very nice to know that the screen is not going to break and that the food/finger prints are easy to get off with the wipe of a wet cloth. I LOVE that it has a stand with the removable hard plate, which also comes in handy when you're throwing your Playbook into a bag with a lot of other heavy things because you can put it on the front and it will be more protection from your screen cracking.

Some faults I have found with this product is the plastic cover attracts A LOT of hair and dirt, the plastic cover does not stay on perfectly and often comes out of place, and the case is hard to get off after installation. Some food/dirt particles have gotten underneath the screen protector due to the plastic cover not staying in place.

ALL IN ALL this is an excellent product although there could be some room for improvement. I love OtterBox and have recently purchased one for my Blackberry Torch 9800 and am in love with that OtterBox as well. If I had to I would purchase this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's the Battle Star Galactica, March 18 2012
Otterbox Blackberry Playbook Defender, Black (RBB2-PLYBK-20-E4OTR)
This product is the mother-ship surrounding and protecting it's special cargo! Though as many others have said, it does increase the weight. But to be perfectly honest, within an hour I realized that I liked the feel of the weight and design much better. The architecture of the hefty silicone backing has perfect hand grips, and I just feel so much more relaxed using my Tablet.
I have ZERO worries that short of being "run over" by a train (though I think it could withstand being "thrown off" the train), I have no concerns that my PlayBook could be in a situation that it would be damaged, NONE WHATSOEVER!
So I love the way it sits in my hands, it is wonderful to not have to wipe my touchscreen every half hour anymore and most importantly I am no longer playing with an undefended device.

DE-FENSE!

(oh, my one little hang-up that happens "occasionally" is that some of the swipes and less so, taps, at times, they don't register and you have to click or swipe a couple of times. Truly though, it's not a huge issue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, Feb. 3 2012
G (Brampton, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is my first Otterbox product purchase and like everyone else here, I'm super impressed with the quality of this case. What a great product, very well constructed, solid built, brilliant design. I literally took me less than a minute to install. Overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase and would highly recommend to anyone looking to buy a case for their playbook.

One thing I would have loved to see is the screen being fingerprint resistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Jan. 9 2012
mac (burlington, ontario, canada) - See all my reviews
I have used Ottorbox for telephones so I knew I was getting something good. I was blown away though by the completeness of the box including the screen protection piece as it means I did not need to purchase any other products to protect the screen itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Case, Dec 31 2011
I was looking for a case to stand-up my playbook and ended up with three potentials (blackberry, hip hop and this one). Based on previous experiences with Otterbox, I chose this and am so glad I did. The built in screen protector means you don't need to try and stick one on, this is awesome as there is absolutely no chance of an annoying dust particle or bubble to ruin your day. The base also clips on the back when using the device and over the front for protection when carrying. All round brilliant design. It adds a bit of bulk, but adds significantly more in peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, Dec 29 2011
The item was well packaged. The otterbox was exactly as described. We are very happy with this product. We would order from them again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing case...."funny" name for a company...., May 11 2011
David Tiberi "Anthony999" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I have used "Otterbox" cases for my blackberry smartphone(s) (I've had 3 different cases)...so, for me, it was a "no-brainer" to get this case for my Blackberry Playbook. It is so easy to put on my Playbook, and has one feature I find amazing...a full screen shield cover...that way i can keep my Playbook on, and not worry about the screen being touched or damaged in any way...

For any person purchasing a Blackberry Playbook, or has one already...this is a MUST buy!!!!!