Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on June 14, 2014
Bought this game after playing through Final Fantasy XIII. I found it to be much better than the previous game. The story is a little convoluted, but at least the game is more open to exploration. Whether you like it or not will hinge on your opinion of the other Final Fantasy games. If this is your first RPG, be aware that this game is middle of the road; not great, but definitely not the worst.
on January 26, 2013
I was hoping for more of a Final Fantasy game, but it's still an enjoyable game. The battle system resembles FFXIII a great deal, with the addition of the monster teammate. The time-travel elements of the story are a little confusing, and the story in general could be a little better, but still a good game.
on April 3, 2012
This is the first Final Fantasy game I've ever played. I tried out the demo first and was blown away by the graphics and the realtime battle system. Without reading any game reviews, I ordered the game right away.

The gameplay was pretty much perfect. Graphics is beautiful. Tons of side quests to do. In most cases, I can choose to run away when I encounter monsters, which is what I like. I don't like being forced to fight monsters when I walk every few steps. The realtime battle system is probably my most favorate thing about this game.

After I spent countless hours leveling up, capturing monster crystals, and farming for monster powerups, I was finally able to beat the boss. Then the most unexpected ending that I had ever encountered in all of the RPG games I played was an absolute shock.

The ending starts off pretty good and as I expected. It feels like the story was going to end with a happy ending, where everyone is going to enjoy a new life at the new Cocoon. However, Serah suddenly saw a vision and died!? Then Cocoon was surrounded by darkness and the world looked like it was going to an end. Finally, the 3 most unexpected words appeared at the end: "To Be Continued"!?

I don't know if I will ever replay the game. I mean, I would spend countless hours leveling up my characters, go through the storyline, beat the boss, so I can see Serah dying at the end?

To me, the ending is so sad that I felt bad for beating the game. For any RPG game, I care about the ending the most. That's why I gave this game a 3/5. However, gameplay is a solid 5/5. If you don't mind a sad and unexpected ending, I would recommand the game.
on February 29, 2012
I thought this game was a decent follow-up to the first in the series. Square Enix improved upon some of the issues many people had with FF XIII. My favorite aspect of the game is that it is visually stunning and fast-paced. The only problem I have with the game is that I often didn't know where I was supposed to be going or what my current objective should be... but I actually think that was Square Enix's intention and attempt to make the game less linear.

See 1 answered question