5.0 out of 5 stars MORE DOWNTON ABBEY
Had just finished the entire series of Downton Abbey and learned that the Christmas Special was available through Amazon.ca so, nothing would do, but ordering it. It arrived quickly and we were thrilled with the service and the DVD. A must for anyone who has been following Downton Abbey.
Published 23 months ago by Gina E. Napier

1.0 out of 5 stars you get this with North American Blu-Ray Season 2 set
If you're ordering Season 2 on Blu-ray from Canada or USA, don't bother ordering the Christmas special -- it's included in disc 3 of the blu-ray set. I notice that another reviewer has confirmed it also is included in the North American DVD Season 2 set.

Published 22 months ago by Happy in Ottawa

1.0 out of 5 stars you get this with North American Blu-Ray Season 2 set, May 28 2012
Happy in Ottawa (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews

It is shameful that Amazon hasn't listed the contents of Season 2 (and Season 1) sets -- both sets included special features as well as the Christmas special on season 2. That is useful information for consumers to have, information which saves money if you've already ordered the full season or are planning to do so. I was on the verge of ordering this separate Christmas special disc, but fortunately decided to wait until getting the season 2 set. The first thing I did before viewing season 2 was to pop each disc into my player to check out the menus, where I happily discovered the Christmas special on disc 3. But if I'd paid attention to the reviews that mention the special isn't included in the UK sets, and took seriously the notation on Amazon that this PBS edition is "original UK edition" (which it does say on the cover of the actual set that arrived), I might have been misled into ordering the Christmas special separately, needlessly spending extra money for an extra disc I wouldn't need.

It is for this reason, and this reason alone, that I am giving this item only one star (I gave the season 2 set five stars in my review of it, where I repeat my point about the Christmas special and name the special features that are included. The one star may also attract reader notice to this review and save people some money.

Come on Amazon, pull up your socks and list the contents on ALL the sets that you sell, please! Both BD sets (seasons 1 and 2) are superb products and deserve better advertising than what you've giving them.

I look forward with great anticipation to season 3 and beyond, if it continues beyond!

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE DOWNTON ABBEY, May 8 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Downton Abbey on Top Form, July 9 2012
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
SPOILER ALERT: Reading this review will not spoil your enjoyment of the Downton Abbey Christmas Special. However, if you have not seen Series 1 and/or 2, there may be information here you would rather not know.

The much anticipated Downton Abbey Special delivered the highlight of the UK Christmas TV viewing schedule in style. Viewers in the USA will have to wait a little longer. It has now been confirmed that this episode is included in the Series 2 DVD in the USA which is a real bonus! There was plenty of action with the central plot featuring Mr Bates on trial for murder at a time when convicted murderers in England were often hanged and the impact of this on the Downton Abbey household above and below stairs. However, there was a good measure of dramatic sub plots featuring blackmail, romance, ambition and betrayal - in fact all the things one would expect from Downton!

This was probably the best ever episode of Downton Abbey so should definitely not be missed.

The timescale here took us from the end of 1919 into the beginning of 1920 so this will be the starting point for Season 3 which is scheduled for release later in 2012. Downton Abbey Series 1 attained critical acclaim and earned the series the title of the most popular UK costume drama since Brideshead Revisited: 30th Anniversary Edition almost 30 years ago - given the number of such productions each year this is quite an accolade. Reviews for Series 2 were more mixed although I personally really enjoyed it, but few would have had much to complain about with this two hour special. This hopefully has set the standard for Series 3 which we now know will include Shirley MacLaine. I can hardly wait to see her playing opposite Maggie Smith!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not on 1&2, Jan. 6 2013
Just a note: I bought 1&2 on Blue-ray, and don't have the Christmas special. Doesn't say PBS on box, and they were a decent price @ 39.99. On reviews of the PBS copies I see comments regarding the great 2 hour Christmas special on season 2. My copy is produced by 'Universal'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rating your product. I don't hate it - I JUST COULDN'T USE IT., Feb. 3 2013
This review is from: NEW Christmas At Downton Abbey (DVD) (PAL)(REGION 2)(MUST HAVE AN ALL REGION PLAYER TO VIEW) (DVD)
Sadly due to our own error, not realizing that it was British!
We are unable to use it in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Obviously, I put the disc into our machine beforehand.
As well i thought it was indeed a Christmas special whereas in fact that paticular D.V.D.
was included in Season2 which I have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Christmas at Downton Abbey, Oct. 18 2012
the stupid dvd won't play on any of my players - it apparently is not for my area.....this wasn't on the ad .....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, Jan. 21 2014
I love the blueray but when I purchased I did not realize I already had it when I purchased the series. 1-3. This is not a standalone movie it belongs with season 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Mis-adventure, Jan. 5 2013
I spotted '2,4,5 PAL' on the back of the cover (before removing the cellophane wrapper). As I do not own an 'all regions player' I returned it. Consequently, the rating system above is inappropriate. Fortunately, it is included in the box set of Seasons 1 & 2 which I have already. Always read all the information BEFORE buying!

2.0 out of 5 stars Return of Christmas at Downton Abbey, Jan. 19 2014
When I purchased this DVD I didn't realize at the time it was BLU RAY,I had just had surgery and was in no position to return it

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous!, Dec 31 2013
M. Dussault - See all my reviews
What a nice add to the regular seasons that I consider one of the best british productions ever for TV!

ARRAY(0xf447f30)