countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on April 1, 2016
This is very accurate for weight.
As another reviewer mentioned, the best way to get an accurate body fat read is to make sure you don't select the "active" mode when setting up your scale. Keep pressing the button and make sure you don't see the picture of a man/woman running (active).
Body fat analysis may be off by a 1-3%, but as health expert Tom Venuto suggests about scales like this in his book BURN THE FAT, FEED THE MUSCLE, the point is to see what percentage the scale says and then keep tabs that it's going down or maintaining (if that's what you want). This isn't a commercial body fat/muscle density analysis scale, but it's a good way to keep track of rough numbers to achieve fitness goals.
on September 7, 2011
Just got the scale 2 weeks ago and have been using it everyday since. I am an active SEASONAL cyclist (ie when weather is good... winter messes me up big time with weight gain, etc), and my son is a young elite pro athlete. A cheap scale we had reported me at 28% fat and my son at 18% fat though we set the parameters as requested. My son was professionally determined to be at 7% fat so I knew the scale was crap. After researching a variety of scales at a variety of prices I decided on the Ozeri at amazon because of the nature of the technology and seemed a good deal. The scale reports me at around 198 lbs, 20% fat, 51% hydration, 37% muscle and 5 lbs bone(!!) and I'm 52 years old and not worthy of the athlete setting in my opinion. I had my son step on it after setting the proper information and using the athlete setting for him. It reported 194 lbs, 8% fat, 51% hydration, 64 lbs muscle and 8.9 lbs bone at age 19. His numbers were more than reasonably close to the professionally determined numbers. Mine made sense including the 5 lbs bone as I'm thin boned compared to him and apparently recent studies have shown that cyclists have significantly low bone density compared to loaded sport athletes to the point it has become a concern! I had my bone density measured independently by another method and the values were very close to what this scale reported. The end result is that I've started a weight lifting program to target bone density as well as fat% and this scale will provide me with accurate trends. I trust this scale to, at the very least give me true indications of trends and be within 10% of actual values. Not too bad at all for the price I paid.
0Comment| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2015
My family needed an accurate consistent scale that we can rely on. This scale is perfect for the entire family. The profile set-up is very fast and simple, the digital readout is clear and easy to read (reading glasses not required here). We have recently re-acquainted ourselves with weight training and body building again and this scale is perfect for providing the necessary measures to know where your body is during the process. Truly, what we needed was an instrument that shows tangible body measures. Reducing your fat%, increasing your muscle%, increasing your bone density and managing your hydration may actually show an increase in weight. This scale gives you the vital information you need to see the progress of your fitness without getting discouraged. A simple weigh scale can only show you 1 measurement and most often it fosters negativity followed by neglect. The Tare technology is an added bonus for monitoring your little ones weight and the weight your furry best friend. This scale is handsome, stylish one touch convenience and smart. Thanks Ozeri, great job!
on March 31, 2015
This scale is fantastic. I was a little nervous about ordering it because of some of the reviews claiming the scale is not accurate, I can now confirm the scale is accurate and the problems reported are due to user error!

It is *very* important that you do not turn on the "athelete" mode when setting up your profile. If you see what looks like a man or woman running, you have to keep hitting the up and down arrows until it is gone. If you enable the athlete setting your fat % ends up being very high and inaccurate.

Big numbers, easy to read. Displays your results for a long time ( more than enough time to remember/record ).
on July 17, 2016
I have never had a digital scale before. I really enjoy this one. However, I think that now that it tells me that I am underweight I need to think about eating more. Ha, never would have guessed in a million years I would say that. Thanks for a great product.
on June 13, 2016
Scale itself works great, not too sure about the other features yet. My biggest gripe is with the display itself during setup and for how long the display runs when it starts giving readouts on things like estimated fat, bone density etc. It's just not up long enough in my opinion, and for setup it's a bit of a pain to get the display up in the first place.
on May 9, 2012
I am male in my 30s and looking to lose some weight. Given this goal, I decided to see a nutritionist to help me along the way. As part of my visit, she performed some measurements including my weight, my body fat and water levels. What I noted from this visit was that my current scale did not come close to the nutritionist measurements. Thus, I decided to buy the Ozeri Touch Digital Bath Scale, as it contained similar measurements that were performed by my nutritionist. I will note that the scale was much thinner than my older touch scale and much easier to setup and use. In comparison to my nutritionist measurements, the Ozeri scale met closely the weight and hydration measure. However, it varied slightly with the body fat measurement but not enough to be problematic. In fact the Ozeri scale was much more in the ballpark than my last touch scale. I am quite satisfied with my purchase and look forward to using this scale to help me lose weight and once that is gone, to maintain a healthy weight.
on July 4, 2016
Love this scale, it looks great, it's slim and light so it's easy to tuck away if you want to store it. The display is nice and easy to read. The user interface and instructions are well done. I'd definitely buy it again.
on June 17, 2016
This scale used to give me accurate reviews, but now, it reads differently within 10 POUNDS every time I step on it. I'm really upset because it's a lot more expensive than other scales and I had hoped it would be good. It's been giving me inaccurate readings for a long time, I always have to be guessing my weight. It has a ton of high reviews so I thought this might just be a problem for me, but other negative reviews say the same thing.

I would avoid this scale and get another one if you care about accurate readings.
on July 3, 2016
The design is very sleek. I'm not sure how accurate the fat percentage, muscle percentage, and bone ratio are since I have never got them tested at a hospital. The weight is pretty accurate. It was pretty straight forward to setup. Overall, I liked it and have no complains.