5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly accurate when used properly
Published on Sept. 7 2011 by Dizzydog

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale! [EDITED - Not so great...]
I've had my scale for a few weeks now and have used it enough time to feel comfortable with it.

Published on Jan. 12 2012 by Liza

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly accurate when used properly, Sept. 7 2011
Just got the scale 2 weeks ago and have been using it everyday since. I am an active SEASONAL cyclist (ie when weather is good... winter messes me up big time with weight gain, etc), and my son is a young elite pro athlete. A cheap scale we had reported me at 28% fat and my son at 18% fat though we set the parameters as requested. My son was professionally determined to be at 7% fat so I knew the scale was crap. After researching a variety of scales at a variety of prices I decided on the Ozeri at amazon because of the nature of the technology and seemed a good deal. The scale reports me at around 198 lbs, 20% fat, 51% hydration, 37% muscle and 5 lbs bone(!!) and I'm 52 years old and not worthy of the athlete setting in my opinion. I had my son step on it after setting the proper information and using the athlete setting for him. It reported 194 lbs, 8% fat, 51% hydration, 64 lbs muscle and 8.9 lbs bone at age 19. His numbers were more than reasonably close to the professionally determined numbers. Mine made sense including the 5 lbs bone as I'm thin boned compared to him and apparently recent studies have shown that cyclists have significantly low bone density compared to loaded sport athletes to the point it has become a concern! I had my bone density measured independently by another method and the values were very close to what this scale reported. The end result is that I've started a weight lifting program to target bone density as well as fat% and this scale will provide me with accurate trends. I trust this scale to, at the very least give me true indications of trends and be within 10% of actual values. Not too bad at all for the price I paid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale! [EDITED - Not so great...], Jan. 12 2012
This review is from: Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Digital Bathroom Scale in White -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles (Health and Beauty)

After following the set-up instructions to the letter (including stepping on the scale right after you program it!), I got my first set of measurements. Compared to the scale I had before (just a rickety dial one) the weight was right where I expected it should be. When I stepped off the scale and redid the weight it fell right on the same numbers as before.

I have nothing to compare the body fat, hydration, muscle, and bone mass measurements to for accuracy... but they are what I would expect them to be. If anything, they are a great guideline for seeing if you are on the right track.

Overall, the scale is great. The numbers are bright and easy to read. The readings are consistent, especially if you use the scale at the same time every day wearing (or not wearing) the exact same thing every time. If you are using an analog scale with a dial you have to constantly adjust, this is a great upgrade.

[EDIT] I have had this scale for about 1.5 years now, and I take back pretty much everything said above. Stepping on and off the scale a couple of times makes me question what is really going on. For example - First step on, 184lbs. Step off. Step back on, 178lbs... etc, etc. The batteries were replaced recently. Looking like I'm in the market for a new scale again!

2.0 out of 5 stars As advertised however bodyfat and other measurements do not seem accurate, Dec 4 2012
The scale works as advertised however it is displaying around 6% body fat no matter when I measure. I am no where near 6%, probably closer to 10%.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thoroughly Remarkable Product, May 14 2014
Purchasing this scale was similar to how some of us buy wine - judge it by the label. This was such an attractive piece of gear with a good diversity of capabilities and an unbeatable price that I could not resist. It arrived in very short order. We did experience some hiccups initially but the absolutely incredible customer service folks at Ozeri very quickly remedied the issue and all has been well since. The product is sturdy, reliable, accurate and all the described features function extremely well. This is an excellent choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice product, March 13 2012
zukeeper (toronto, canada) - See all my reviews
Ordered the product on Sunday, it arrived Tuesday morning: arrived much quicker than expected! My husband and I have begun using the scale, so far the various measurements seem to be fairly accurate. Nicely designed and intuitive, the readouts are clear and the materials are of good quality - plus it looks great. The memory function is very handy. Happy with the purchase so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and easy to read scale, March 11 2012
I love my Ozeri scale. I love the fact that I know my muscle mass AND my body fat. I always have had issues with scales because when you gain weight, it is not always fat, but can be muscle. I love the fact I can monitor this now. I had one small issue at the beginning that it would only read my weight, but then it started working fully. It also has a great look and is easy to store. Definitely would purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, March 7 2012
The first scale we received was defective. I contacted the seller through Amazon and a replacement scale was sent our promptly. We did not have to ship back the defective scale. Fantastic customer service, and the new scale is working well. I love that I can see body fat percentage, muscle percentage, hydration percentage, and bone mass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good scale, Feb. 6 2012
So far this scale seems pretty accurate and has easy to follow instructions as well as a good guideline in the book in terms of ideal weights and percentages. The only thing lacking is that it doesn't show historical data so you will always want to write it down

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, June 26 2012
Keli J. Schmidt (Brampton ON) - See all my reviews
Most importantly, the weight readings are inaccurate - step on the scale two times in a row and you'll get two different readings, usually varying by .4 to .8 of a pound.

Secondly, this scale does not "measure" hydration, muscle and bone mass or body fat, it just calculates them with a formula using the data inputted by the user (height, sex, age). For example, it tells me I have the same level of hydration both before and after a 45min run on a hot summer day, and if I increase my age by 10 years it tells me I have more body fat. The silver circles on the foot pad are not sensors, they're just decoration.

I returned my first scale and they sent me another one - told me I must have a "faulty sensor". The second one gave me the exact same results, so I was refunded my money immediately, and the phone rep told me just to "throw it out or use it as a paper weight" - he explained that the return shipping cost meant it wasn't worth it for them to have it sent back.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, May 10 2014
Everything came to my door on time. The product looks sharp and quality made. The results seems very accurate and you can create a profile with your height and age so it gives you the body fat % and other mesurements. I wish the scale show me the weight variations directly on the scale and have an iphone app. I recommend this scale, i think it is a good quality/price buy.