5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly accurate when used properly
Published on Sept. 7 2011 by Dizzydog

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale! [EDITED - Not so great...]
I've had my scale for a few weeks now and have used it enough time to feel comfortable with it.

Published on Jan. 12 2012 by Liza

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly accurate when used properly, Sept. 7 2011
Just got the scale 2 weeks ago and have been using it everyday since. I am an active SEASONAL cyclist (ie when weather is good... winter messes me up big time with weight gain, etc), and my son is a young elite pro athlete. A cheap scale we had reported me at 28% fat and my son at 18% fat though we set the parameters as requested. My son was professionally determined to be at 7% fat so I knew the scale was crap. After researching a variety of scales at a variety of prices I decided on the Ozeri at amazon because of the nature of the technology and seemed a good deal. The scale reports me at around 198 lbs, 20% fat, 51% hydration, 37% muscle and 5 lbs bone(!!) and I'm 52 years old and not worthy of the athlete setting in my opinion. I had my son step on it after setting the proper information and using the athlete setting for him. It reported 194 lbs, 8% fat, 51% hydration, 64 lbs muscle and 8.9 lbs bone at age 19. His numbers were more than reasonably close to the professionally determined numbers. Mine made sense including the 5 lbs bone as I'm thin boned compared to him and apparently recent studies have shown that cyclists have significantly low bone density compared to loaded sport athletes to the point it has become a concern! I had my bone density measured independently by another method and the values were very close to what this scale reported. The end result is that I've started a weight lifting program to target bone density as well as fat% and this scale will provide me with accurate trends. I trust this scale to, at the very least give me true indications of trends and be within 10% of actual values. Not too bad at all for the price I paid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale! [EDITED - Not so great...], Jan. 12 2012
This review is from: Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale, White - Measures Weight, Fat, Muscle, Bone & Hydration with Auto Recognition and Infant Tare Technology (Health and Beauty)

After following the set-up instructions to the letter (including stepping on the scale right after you program it!), I got my first set of measurements. Compared to the scale I had before (just a rickety dial one) the weight was right where I expected it should be. When I stepped off the scale and redid the weight it fell right on the same numbers as before.

I have nothing to compare the body fat, hydration, muscle, and bone mass measurements to for accuracy... but they are what I would expect them to be. If anything, they are a great guideline for seeing if you are on the right track.

Overall, the scale is great. The numbers are bright and easy to read. The readings are consistent, especially if you use the scale at the same time every day wearing (or not wearing) the exact same thing every time. If you are using an analog scale with a dial you have to constantly adjust, this is a great upgrade.

[EDIT] I have had this scale for about 1.5 years now, and I take back pretty much everything said above. Stepping on and off the scale a couple of times makes me question what is really going on. For example - First step on, 184lbs. Step off. Step back on, 178lbs... etc, etc. The batteries were replaced recently. Looking like I'm in the market for a new scale again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, March 7 2012
The first scale we received was defective. I contacted the seller through Amazon and a replacement scale was sent our promptly. We did not have to ship back the defective scale. Fantastic customer service, and the new scale is working well. I love that I can see body fat percentage, muscle percentage, hydration percentage, and bone mass.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thoroughly Remarkable Product, May 14 2014
Purchasing this scale was similar to how some of us buy wine - judge it by the label. This was such an attractive piece of gear with a good diversity of capabilities and an unbeatable price that I could not resist. It arrived in very short order. We did experience some hiccups initially but the absolutely incredible customer service folks at Ozeri very quickly remedied the issue and all has been well since. The product is sturdy, reliable, accurate and all the described features function extremely well. This is an excellent choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice product, March 13 2012
zukeeper (toronto, canada) - See all my reviews
Ordered the product on Sunday, it arrived Tuesday morning: arrived much quicker than expected! My husband and I have begun using the scale, so far the various measurements seem to be fairly accurate. Nicely designed and intuitive, the readouts are clear and the materials are of good quality - plus it looks great. The memory function is very handy. Happy with the purchase so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and easy to read scale, March 11 2012
I love my Ozeri scale. I love the fact that I know my muscle mass AND my body fat. I always have had issues with scales because when you gain weight, it is not always fat, but can be muscle. I love the fact I can monitor this now. I had one small issue at the beginning that it would only read my weight, but then it started working fully. It also has a great look and is easy to store. Definitely would purchase it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but yet not perfect, Sept. 13 2014
Generally speaking, it is a great product.

Pros: light weight, led display, memory profiles, fashion looking, glass surface easy to clean, etc.
Cons: Inaccurate body fat measurement.

My weight readings are consistent and accurate. However, it constantly reads my body fat as 9.4-9.6%, while I know my body fat is way more than that. If anyone is considering buying this scale, think about how important body fat measurement is to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, May 10 2014
Everything came to my door on time. The product looks sharp and quality made. The results seems very accurate and you can create a profile with your height and age so it gives you the body fat % and other mesurements. I wish the scale show me the weight variations directly on the scale and have an iphone app. I recommend this scale, i think it is a good quality/price buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, easy to use, easy to read, Aug. 18 2014
Received three days ago and so far I really like it -- the display is quick super easy to read, the user profiles are simple to set and the scale does a good job of automatically recognizing which person is stepping on it. There's no toe-tapping or fiddling around with buttons -- after you set your profile once, you just step on it and the numbers come up really quickly. My weight seems accurate, but I have no way of gauging how accurate the body fat readings are, since I've never had my body fat % measured professionally. When I previously calculated mine using two different formulas that take in waist circumference etc, I came up with 32% (definitely way too high) and 26% (reasonable, though higher than I wanted). This scale says I'm at 20.6%, and has been saying so consistently. My impression however is that body fat is tough thing to measure accurately and you should be more interested in it trending downward than what the absolute number is. So that's my plan.

While the scale has been giving me mostly the same weight readings with minor variations at times of the day when it makes sense that my weight went up or down a bit, my husband's fluctuated pretty strongly from the first day we had the scale to the second -- 5 full pounds. That doesn't mean its inaccurate -- he weighs much more than me and he eats huge meals, so he probably actually is fluctuating a lot, but I'm going to keep my eye on it.

Lastly, we had a friend who is very lean weigh himself and once we set his profile as "athletic" the difference between his body fat % and my husband's (regular, not athletic) made pretty good sense.

Happy with the scale so far. Also, for only $30, a really good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri got it right!, Aug. 13 2012
Initially, I was searching for a bathroom scale that had at minimum body fat measurement capabilities but when I came across the Ozeri Touch 440 on Amazon that measured not only body fat but hydration, muscle mass and bone mass I was intrigued. The glowing customer reviews and $60.00 price reduction clinched the deal.
The Ozeri Touch 440 was shipped directly to my home from Ozeri and arrived well packaged and in perfect condition. Upon removing the scale from its' packaging the first thing I noticed was that this scale had some weight itself and appeared extremely well constructed with thick tempered glass on top, brushed stainless sensor pads and a sleek thin modern look. Really, this unit looks great, much better than the pictures portrayed!
I quickly leafed through the instructions, found the profile setup part (you can set up to 8 people with their own profiles) and thought really, that easy. All you have to do is enter your gender, fitness level (normal or athletic) and age then step on the scale and the Ozeri Touch 440 does the rest. The touch 440 then displays the information on a clear, bright blue display with corresponding icons for body fat, hydration, muscle and bone mass and will even display the information for about 10 seconds after you have stepped off the scale, very slick!
So, to sum it up, a great looking product with cool technology, is easy to use and seems to be overbuilt. I gave it five stars because I just can't find fault with it!