5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Multifunction Scale!
First thoughts that I had when the scale arrived was: "What a good looking scale! I hope it works as good as it looks." After testing it for about two weeks now, I can say it does work as good as it looks.

Published on March 14 2012 by hmers

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale! [EDITED - Not so great...]
I've had my scale for a few weeks now and have used it enough time to feel comfortable with it.

Published on Jan. 12 2012 by Liza

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Scale! [EDITED - Not so great...], Jan. 12 2012
This review is from: Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Digital Bathroom Scale in White -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles (Health and Beauty)

After following the set-up instructions to the letter (including stepping on the scale right after you program it!), I got my first set of measurements. Compared to the scale I had before (just a rickety dial one) the weight was right where I expected it should be. When I stepped off the scale and redid the weight it fell right on the same numbers as before.

I have nothing to compare the body fat, hydration, muscle, and bone mass measurements to for accuracy... but they are what I would expect them to be. If anything, they are a great guideline for seeing if you are on the right track.

Overall, the scale is great. The numbers are bright and easy to read. The readings are consistent, especially if you use the scale at the same time every day wearing (or not wearing) the exact same thing every time. If you are using an analog scale with a dial you have to constantly adjust, this is a great upgrade.

[EDIT] I have had this scale for about 1.5 years now, and I take back pretty much everything said above. Stepping on and off the scale a couple of times makes me question what is really going on. For example - First step on, 184lbs. Step off. Step back on, 178lbs... etc, etc. The batteries were replaced recently. Looking like I'm in the market for a new scale again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, June 26 2012
Keli J. Schmidt (Brampton ON) - See all my reviews
Most importantly, the weight readings are inaccurate - step on the scale two times in a row and you'll get two different readings, usually varying by .4 to .8 of a pound.

Secondly, this scale does not "measure" hydration, muscle and bone mass or body fat, it just calculates them with a formula using the data inputted by the user (height, sex, age). For example, it tells me I have the same level of hydration both before and after a 45min run on a hot summer day, and if I increase my age by 10 years it tells me I have more body fat. The silver circles on the foot pad are not sensors, they're just decoration.

I returned my first scale and they sent me another one - told me I must have a "faulty sensor". The second one gave me the exact same results, so I was refunded my money immediately, and the phone rep told me just to "throw it out or use it as a paper weight" - he explained that the return shipping cost meant it wasn't worth it for them to have it sent back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Multifunction Scale!, March 14 2012

The scale stores up to 8 personal profiles and measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass. It tells you whether you're Underweight, Normal Weight, Overweight or Obese based on your Gender, Age, Height and Weight. I know for sure the ratio functions work because it says my body fat is lower after I ate mostly vegetables on the previous day. I also tried measuring myself after I drank a lot of water and the Hydration level went up. These functions are especially useful when you try to lose weight in a healthy way. You would want your body fat ratio to go down, but not your muscle or bone mass.

The scale comes with batteries and was very easy to set up. Once your scale arrives, you only need about 5 mins before you can start using it. It's a good value and I would definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice product, March 13 2012
zukeeper (toronto, canada) - See all my reviews
Ordered the product on Sunday, it arrived Tuesday morning: arrived much quicker than expected! My husband and I have begun using the scale, so far the various measurements seem to be fairly accurate. Nicely designed and intuitive, the readouts are clear and the materials are of good quality - plus it looks great. The memory function is very handy. Happy with the purchase so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and easy to read scale, March 11 2012
I love my Ozeri scale. I love the fact that I know my muscle mass AND my body fat. I always have had issues with scales because when you gain weight, it is not always fat, but can be muscle. I love the fact I can monitor this now. I had one small issue at the beginning that it would only read my weight, but then it started working fully. It also has a great look and is easy to store. Definitely would purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, March 7 2012
The first scale we received was defective. I contacted the seller through Amazon and a replacement scale was sent our promptly. We did not have to ship back the defective scale. Fantastic customer service, and the new scale is working well. I love that I can see body fat percentage, muscle percentage, hydration percentage, and bone mass.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great scale, not sure about other features, Nov. 3 2012
I needed to replace my old scales and I bought this one because of the extra information it provides. It works great as a scale, though I'm not so sure how accurate the other info is. Why would my bone mass vary from 4.8 one day to 5.0 the next, then back to 4.8 the next day? My weight went from 193 to 191 over the same three days. I recently started on a low-carb diet, where fat and protein are good, but I have to watch that I don't have too much protein. Knowing how much is too much is related to my lean body mass, which is one of the things this scale tells me, so I do find that useful.
Setting up the scale for my profile was a bit of a challenge. The instructions say that you can use the up and down arrows to set your age and height. What I found was that the height numbers scrolled by on the screen, from something like 7'6" to around 4'8" extremely quickly and I had to press the "set" button to try to stop the scrolling at the right number - the up and down arrows were of no help at all. Same was true for the age numbers and it took me many tries to get the values that were reasonably close to mine. Once this was done, though, the scale worked as advertised. One other hitch is that I'm on a diet, so my weight is dropping, and the scale does not recognize the profile you have set up if your weight changes by more than 6 or 7 pounds. This happened to me, so I had to go through the whole setup process again. If your weight is not changing a lot, this should not bother you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product to keep track of your body fat %, March 20 2012
I received my scale today and I could not be more happy about it since all the measurements are fairly accurate (+- 1-2%). It will definitively help me keeping track of my progress in both muscle gain and body fat loss. The product looks quite solid and well built. I would recommend it to anyone who's trying to lose weight or gain muscle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ozeri Bath Scale, March 20 2012
Ship speed very fast. Got the product within 2 days. User friendly. Detailed body composition analysis and pretty look. Useful feature to have 8 max people data stored. Like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, easy to use, March 13 2012
Good scale. Came within 2 days of ordering it which was a nice surprise. It's very easy to set up and use.

ARRAY(0xbcf13f6c)