5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba Fitness Exhilerate
I have started Zumba and find that I get a better cardio workout from it than at the gym. Not only do you get excellent cardio but the sculpting and tone is really great too. You are working your whole body. For extra toning use 5-15 lbs dumb bells for extra strengthening at home. It works.

The best thing about it is you get to do it in the privacy of your...
Published on Aug. 14 2011 by Maria VanDasselaar

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK; however, I expected more
First of all, I've purchased several DVD items from Amazon and if you are reading this and thinking about buying it, don't pay for priority shipping!! Amazon ships all of their products (or at least DVD's) very fast. I didn't pay extra for shipping and still got this in about 2 business days.
I love Zumba!! I've doing it for years but was getting tired of crowded...
Published on April 21 2012 by Lina Rodriguez

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK; however, I expected more, April 21 2012
This review is from: Zumba Fitness Exhilarate: The Ultimate Experience DVD Set (Sports)
I love Zumba!! I've doing it for years but was getting tired of crowded classes at the gym so I purchased this. I guess I had really high expectations when I bought this and overall I feel a bit disappointed with it.
I had read hundreds of reviews and most of them complained about the quality of the DVD case and the DVD's. People said that the case is cheap and won't last very long. Other complained about their DVD's being scratched after only a few uses. I haven't encountered any problems like this so far.
A couple of the DVD's are great. The content is fun and makes you really sweat and the instructors - Tania and Gina - are amazing. Also, you can tell they spent lots of money producing some of the DVD's.
Others... not so great. The instructors are not as engaging as Tina and Gina and what really pisses me off is that a few of the DVD's the audio was added separately after the video was filmed so as you dance you hear instructors talking but their mouths are not moving. I don't know why this annoys me so much but I feel cheated that I paid 100 dollars (yea now it's 80 something UGH!) and the audio and video are not even in synch.
This collection also comes with Zumba sticks... and oh man are they annoying! they provide no real challenge to the workout because they are only 1 pound each and they are so annoying.
Save yourself some money and don't buy this. After I purchased it I found out I could have downloaded some of the DVD's online for free!! I tried doing them a lot at first but I find it boring to do the same routines over and over again so I bought myself a Nintendo Wii and Zumba 2 the game! I find the game is a much better cardio workout than the DVD's and the game has so many more songs and routines than the DVD so it's hard to get bored when you are playing the game.
If you are thinking about buying this because you don't like to go to the gym and you want to do something at home, you are going to need to buy a few more DVD's because this collection alone won't be enough to maintain your fitness level and you will become bored with these DVD's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba Fitness Exhilerate, Aug. 14 2011

The best thing about it is you get to do it in the privacy of your own home, its a lot fun because its dancing. I've tried classes at the gym and find it too slow compared to the dvds. With the dvds you are working out with Beto Perez who developed it.

I totally love it. No waiting for machines anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Zumba fun!, Aug. 31 2011
This is definitely one of those fun videos to include in your fitness exercise. The steps are a little bit complicated but, as with other dance video exercise, it will become familiar with practice. Also, as in other video exercise, I find the instructors talking too much - and not just about the dance steps!

But I already recommended the video to a friend who said she will purchase it. So there ...

My big complaint is the packaging (hence, the 3 stars - we need to review the whole package, right?). The disks are kept in a notebook like cardboard case and the small round thingy that is supposed to help keep the DVD in place does not work once you have dislodged the DVD the first time. I have to keep the DVD's in separate cases; otherwise, they start sliding against each other. I thought this was really bad packaging!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, May 20 2012
Great product, great workout, great results! I used to run on my treadmill for an hr a day, until I wore out the belt. Decided rather than spending the money on a new belt I would try the Zumba dvds. An hour on the treadmill goes by soooo slowly. I do about 2- 2 1/2 hrs of zumba (although only about 4-5 days a week vs 6-7 I was having to do on the treadmill just to maintain my weight) and it goes by so fast; it really is so fun! I love the results on my waist. I've been using the dvds for about 3 weeks now, have lost 5 lbs (I had hit a plateau in my weight loss for a few months, couldn't get the number to budge no matter how hard I worked on the treadmill and with crunches, kettle bells etc). My waist is noticeably smaller, and my arms and back are getting more toned. I should add that this is with less crunches than I had been doing before, and I haven't even picked up a kettle bell since my dvds arrived. I'm also pleasantly surprised that I haven't lost any of my muscle tone in my calves - I would run on a 10% incline on the treadmill so I had built up quite a bit of muscle- and my quads and thighs are in better shape now. I might just put the treadmill into storage. I had read at least one review saying that the dvds require you to have a fairly large space to workout in. I prefer to workout in my bedroom and manage it in a spot about 6 ft wide by 4 ft deep. I just have to do some of the side travelling steps on the spot when I run out of room. My favorite dvd is Activate. The girls are great in it, the colors are bright, it is just a very upbeat workout. The Exhilarate dvd is really good too but I like the workout better on the party dvd (same routine) maybe just because it bothers me that everyone is wearing jeans on the Exhilarate dvd...makes me all hot and uncomfortable just looking at them.lol. Definitely a must buy. Makes exercise fun and something to look forward to. I haven't felt this great about my body (or been this weight) since before having my three kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Problems, Dec 4 2011
The quality of the DVDs is not great. The first two discs skip and stop. It takes a few attempts to get them to run through the different dance introductions. Otherwise, it can be a good workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Loving Zumba Exhilarate!!!, Oct. 11 2011
Wasn't sure what to expect since have never Zumba'd before but had heard really good things. Not ready to shake it in front of strangers so decided the opportunity to do it at home sounded ideal. Not disapointed at all. Love the music, the instructors are fun and easy to follow once you learn the basic foot work. You don't just dance, you sweat. Havent done it long enough to notice any real results except that this is a set of DVD's that I won't get bored with any time soon, I'm addicted :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but quality not, Nov. 14 2011
Fast shipping however the CDs I got skip some of the dance moves and always pauses between each lesson which can defeat the purpose of a decent workout if your pausing between each dance move. Don't have the patience to really do it and wait for the pauses pass. It just seems to get more consistent pauses the more I use the CD....which has only been a total of three times.

Packaging for the CDs are horrible, they come in flimsy plastic bags so there's no protection.

Quite disappointed with the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was everything I wanted and more!, Dec 30 2011
I was introduced to Zumba classes in June of 2011 and was instantly hooked. What I love my these DVD's is it actually teaches you the techniques. I have taken over 30 classes of Zumba and after watching the DVD's I realized how much I could get a better work out by learning the proper techniques. I agree with previous comments with the fact that if you got the time do the 45 minute work out. Otherwise a quick 20 will get you active as well. I bought this for Christmas this year and I absolutely love it. I gave my Wii Zumba away to my friend now that I got this DVD set:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD set, Jan. 5 2014
This is a very good set, I enjoy these. Easy to follow, good combinations. Would definitely purchase this set again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted and more!, Nov. 26 2012
Zumba Fitness Exhilarate is EXACTLY what I was hoping it was going to be.....fun, exciting, and lots of work! This is the perfect substitute for when I can't make it to my scheduled "party!" Even my son and husband have given it a try and LOVE IT! My husband has been doing the P90X program for 2 1/2 months and needed a change in his routine, so he has started doing the Zumba disks with me on his cardio days as a substitute. I swear every time he joins me he says that Zumba has kicked his butt......LOL

I would recommend this DVD set to anyone who is looking for a fun way to lose weight and get a TON of cardio into their routine.

JOIN THE PARTY!