4.0 out of 5 stars inspirational story
Great book on Pat Burns life as a coach and the struggles he had with the teams and his battle with cancer.
Published 22 months ago by daveo

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring
Published 19 months ago by Frederic Daoud

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, May 16 2013
Frederic Daoud (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
No disrespect to Coach Burns nor his family, but as a reader interested in Pat's life and in biographies of hockey personalities, I found this book to be quite boring. There really wasn't much that kept me reading. I did read it cover to cover, but it was a chore rather than something enjoyable. At times it was just a tediously mechanical account of events. There was no flow, no cohesion.

In terms of hockey personality biographies, I highly recommend Kerry Fraser's "The Final Call" as a much better read. Lots of interesting, original, sometimes humourous, often heartwarming, stories in that book.

4.0 out of 5 stars inspirational story, Feb. 15 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars must read, March 5 2013
terry minnis (cranbrook, b.c., canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coach: The Pat Burns Story (Kindle Edition)
Well written. descriptive. examines and revealed the whole person and both highs and lows, surface and insides of his life and the person.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Jan. 27 2013
The book showed different sides of Burns, that most would not know. Very enjoyable.
A true hockey person. Very well likes.

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly researched, poorly written, Dec 11 2012
I am his first wife…was very angry, mad and hurt about what was written about me. Except for my name, none of the facts related by an ex sister-in-law whom I saw but 5 times 40 years ago are true. Lots of bull**** written about his police work. I did not want to participate in this biography, the author never double checked what was related to her by third parties. It deeply hurt and angered my daughter.

Although Dimanno, when interviewed, admits that Burns made up a lot of stories, she believed what she was told and wrote it.

I am not a celebrity, I am not rich. My reputation is being smeared in that book, very poorly written, confusing as the author switches back and forth from his hockey years, his personal life, his years as a police officer, his battle with cancer, quite a confusing and cheap book. Burns hid behind a ”personnage” he created. He would be mad as hell with this book. What was written about another one of his ”wives” was terribly upsetting. She was not at all the woman pictured in this book. Even some hockey facts are false.

[...]

Burns had a very dark side. If I would write a tell-all book, jaws would drop.

Suzanne Francoeur

5.0 out of 5 stars Pat Burns Biography, Nov. 28 2012
Yes I thought it was very well written,very intersting reading and as his sister I can say Bravo Pat we all love him and miss him so much.Thank you Rosie DiManno for honoring us with my brothers book. Lillian Burns.

Coach: The Pat Burns Story