5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a toaster that works well!
This is by far the best toaster I've owned. The price is very fair for what you get. It is easy to use and looks nice too.
Published on Sept. 24 2011 by S. Walker

Published 12 days ago by RSP

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a toaster that works well!, Sept. 24 2011
S. Walker "Samadian" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker TR1200SSC 2-Slice Toaster with Cord Reel (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster!, Jan. 14 2012
I like the removable tray as well as the retractable cord. Both are great add-ons to this product.

The settings for darkness are great, and always comes out with perfectly toasted bread.

2.0 out of 5 stars that does a poor job. I bought this one because the manufacturer's ..., April 12 2015
I was looking for a toaster that will toast gluten free bread properly. We already have an 850 Watt toaster, that does a poor job. I bought this one because the manufacturer's web site says it is 1200 Watts. I suspected that could be true since the model number has a 1200 in it. Turned out that it is only 850 Watts. I returned it immediately without even trying it. I have no idea if it works properly or not, but I suspect it will work as well (or as poorly - depending on your point of view) as any other garden variety 850 Watt toaster. I have a 40 year-old 1300 Watt Sunbeam Radient Control toaster that has been doing a great job for all that time. Unfortunately, we cannot use it for my wife's toast because she has Celiac Disease. I ended up buying the T-Fal Avante speed toaster (1200 Watts) at the local Walmart for $45 ($5 less than the Amazon price).

2.0 out of 5 stars Toaster tray is poor (lots of crumbs) and difficult cleaning, May 12 2014
The toaster works as well as any moderately priced toaster, but the outside casing is difficult to clean (and keep clean), and the crumb tray is too small for the opening (consequently there is a cascade of crumbs every time you even slightly move it or make toast). :-(

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, June 2 2013
The Bagel setting on the toaster didn't work, so from that, I gave it a low rating. Otherwise it is ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stainless toaster, May 29 2014
This toaster works well and has lasted well. It matches my stainless appliances perfectly and was very well priced which is a great bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toaster, May 16 2014
This toaster meets my expectations very well. Nice wide slots to fit whatever you want to put in it. Several different settings for muffins, etc. I like the cord reel idea very much.

3.0 out of 5 stars just okay, Jan. 10 2013
It is okay but does not stay down long enough to toast even on high. The only good side is that you can press it down right away and not have to wait. We bought a Breville for our other property...did not want to spend the money again but would go Breville next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4/23/2012, April 23 2012
Product was delivered timely and toaster lives up to the other reviews on the website. It looks good, and operates well. I consider this good value for the spend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toaster is toast after three month, April 29 2013
We bought this toaster considering the reviews it got here on amazon.ca and other webpages.
We received it January 25th, 2013.
End of April, it only works in the bagel setting and the side actually active has 1/3 of the heating wires dark.
Contacted the manufacturer for replacement, will see how much hazzle and cost we will have to replace this toasted toaster!

Black & Decker TR1200SSC 2-Slice Toaster with Cord Reel