5.0 out of 5 stars The best in its pricepoint EDIT: was! Don't buy now!
Update June 2014:

I cannot believe some marketplace sellers are taking advantage of my review and upping the price to over $300 for this device. DO NOT BUY IT!! Unless you see it on sale for around $50, this is an outdated device, with NO support (from the manufacturer OR the community anymore), and it is NOT worth it.

Mine is still working well...
Published on Aug. 26 2011 by M. Codas Echavarri

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Upgradeable
Overall, I am satisfied with this purchase. I only gave it three stars because after researching it for some time, I was under the distinct impression that the operating system would be upgraded. LePan support staff say: " This OS is not upgradable to anything beyond 2.2. Le Pan plans to release a new tablet with a new OS that will come out early next year." Also, do...
Published on Nov. 21 2011 by Anita

‹ Previous | 134 35 3652 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Pan Video Review, March 18 2012
This review is from: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS (Personal Computers)
Length:: 3:38 Mins

This is a special video about Le Pan 970 tablet: Join me to discover this great tablet that I have purchased from Amazon. It is an android running tablet, though it runs on Froyo platform, which is the second generation mobile OS from Google. In my opinion, this is a good and affordable choice.
Watch this special review video I produced for posting on Amazon.ca

Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch LCD Google Android Tablet PC

1.0 out of 5 stars Low price - low quality, Jan. 17 2012
I have ordered this tablet during Easter sales. It was delivered amazingly quick.
The guts are quite good - Android 2.2, applications run smooth, battery keeps up to 7 hours of running non-stop, no any objections.
BUT - there's always this but - suddenly after 2 weeks of use the button ON/OFF stopped to work. It looks the quality of the switcher is quite loose.

I have requested Amazon for a replacement - and I got a new one tablet.

This one started to show its character from the very start - the screen used to get frozen completely after 1-2 minutes of use.
I have tried to reset the device - as LePan site advices - though it was quite useless.

So, in summary - there were 2 devices, and both are unusable.

I would not recommend to buy a LePan tablet - just waste of time and money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money! Won't even start up any more DO NOT BUY, Jan. 2 2012
Psychotherapist (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I've had problems since I bought this thing and am angry I didn't take it back right away. The graphics were wonderful, bright, crisp & clear images, and I so badly wanted it to work and I didn't want to return it. But it now won't even start up and is not useable.

It never really was useable. It used to lock up, then I would have to restore it to factory settings, and lose any bookmarks or any other personalizations.

Their manual is pathetic. Obviously written by Chinese who don't speak English (you would have thought someone who did speak English would have reviewed it considering they are marketing it for the North American Market) -- it continually refers to "your telephone" in the manual -- yet it is a TABLET. Guess they don't know the difference.

The PDF manual is useless anyhow -- doesn't give any useful information and is extremely short. For example, I had problems with connectivity to the internet. Would not download any websites - would do it 3/4 of the way, then freeze. I could [eventually] see my Gmail -- took forever and a day to load -- but it would not SEND. Yet when you went into settings it said "Connected". The manual said "if you have problems with connectivity, contact your ISP provider". Yea, right. Well, I did, not expecting them to help (there is no support line phone number in their manual, so it's basically impossible to contact Le Pan to talk to customer support -- probably don't speak English anyhow) and I was right -- they said they can help with getting computers to work, but not tablets or phones, and to contact Tech Support at Le Pan. Yea, right.

So factory settings reset has worked for me, and when it's working, I love it. But it is always short lived -- works for a few weeks, then it's back to freezing up. And even when it "works" elements don't work -- like sending the e-mail. The built in user's manual for "how to use your tablet" only shows you a few things via built in videos, but just the very basics -- like how to turn it on. What kind of idiots are they -- you have to already have it turned ON to see the "How to Turn your iPan On". So what's the point?

I couldn't afford to buy an iPAD, but basically, I just threw $200.00 down the drain. It's out of warranty and it would cost too much to fix it -- would be putting good money after bad. So now, I'm going to have to buy an iPAD, which I should have done in the first place -- now it's going to cost $200.00 more (what I paid for this piece of junk).

2.0 out of 5 stars won't power up, Dec 5 2011
I can not power it up and didn't receive any booklet on it. Is there a trick to powering it up??

4.0 out of 5 stars Over all performance, Jan. 7 2012
From what I've seen so far the unit performs as well as ones costing twice the price. Very reponsive touch screen and fast functioning. Having trouble getting quality Skype. I understand there if a fix for the problem. If you have it handy could you forward it to me.

Overall very happy with the unit. Would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, Jan. 6 2012
After several weeks of experimenting, I am amazed at how great this tablet is for the money. It does take a little searching to discover it's full capability, but the effort is well worthwhile. Try Googling Le Pan Tablet and you will begin to discover just how good this unit can be. There is also a link on xda developers with lots of worthwhile comments.

With a great screen, 32 GB of expandable memory, very responsive processor and tons of free apps, this tablet is a keeper. There is nothing on the market to compare with this unit for value

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price , good product, Jan. 3 2012
After reading other reviews on this product, I decided to buy one and true enough it is a product I'll recommend to others. This is my first tablet and I love it especially for the price. It is ideal for web surfing, watching movie, YouTube, emails, eBook etc. I do not understand why people will spend about $150 for a eBook when this product can do that plus much much more. I hope it will last for couple years and I'll buy another upgraded version from Le Pan. This is why I don't care whether the system can be upgraded to new Android OS or not as some of the users are complaining. I upgraded the firmware as soon as I got the product as recommended by Le Pan. There is a Le Pan Android Tablets Forum with many good comments for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Bargain!, Jan. 3 2012
I must say that I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing this item based on the low price, but I would highly recommend these tablets to anyone. In fact I bought 3. They are solid, fast and the screen is better than tablets priced much higher. Why buy an e-reader when you can have this tablet for slightly more?

4.0 out of 5 stars Le Pan TC 970, Jan. 3 2012
An excellent device for my kid to play games and watch youtube videos. It has the same dimension as the iPad so it was easy to find an after-market case for it. The unit is really well built but the processor is slow (sometimes even non-responsive) when running interactive games. The way I get around that is using a task manager to free up other resources.

4.0 out of 5 stars le pan tablet, Jan. 2 2012
I am satisfied with this product, it seems to work so far and be of good quality. Very convenient and nice for reading books

‹ Previous | 134 35 3652 | Next ›