5.0 out of 5 stars The best in its pricepoint EDIT: was!
UPDATE 27-08-2013: Please take into consideration this is a 2 year old review of a 2 year old device. If you still have it, great. If you don't, look for something else.

It struggles to keep up with updated apps, as it's bound to do with the obsolence all devices have built-in. If you find one cheap (under $100), and you want a large display, consider it, but...
Published on Aug. 26 2011 by M. Codas Echavarri

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Upgradeable
Overall, I am satisfied with this purchase. I only gave it three stars because after researching it for some time, I was under the distinct impression that the operating system would be upgraded. LePan support staff say: " This OS is not upgradable to anything beyond 2.2. Le Pan plans to release a new tablet with a new OS that will come out early next year." Also, do...
Published on Nov. 21 2011 by Anita

‹ Previous | 134 35 3651 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Bargain!, Jan. 3 2012
This review is from: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS (Personal Computers)
I must say that I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing this item based on the low price, but I would highly recommend these tablets to anyone. In fact I bought 3. They are solid, fast and the screen is better than tablets priced much higher. Why buy an e-reader when you can have this tablet for slightly more?

4.0 out of 5 stars Le Pan TC 970, Jan. 3 2012
An excellent device for my kid to play games and watch youtube videos. It has the same dimension as the iPad so it was easy to find an after-market case for it. The unit is really well built but the processor is slow (sometimes even non-responsive) when running interactive games. The way I get around that is using a task manager to free up other resources.

4.0 out of 5 stars le pan tablet, Jan. 2 2012
I am satisfied with this product, it seems to work so far and be of good quality. Very convenient and nice for reading books

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for a Tablet, Jan. 2 2012
Jennifer Olson "Jen" (Victoria, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
[[ASIN:B004PGMFG2 Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch LCD Google Android Tablet PC]

I bought this for my son and he loves it. Very compact and easy to use. Nice large screen and SD memory card slot adds portable memory. I plan on getting another one for myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly surprised, Dec 30 2011
after reading some reviews, i thought i had made a mistake in buying this tablet. Seems to work fine.
Amazon was great. they shipped me a new tablet after canada post delivered the first one to the wrong person.
Merry Christmas to some dishonest person in my neighbourhood.Thanks Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for a Great Price, Dec 30 2011
I purchased this tablet PC and absolutely love it. It's great for everything I wanted it for.

A few of the great things about it:
- has Flash capabilities
- great clarity
- long lasting battery
- lightweight
- same size as an iPad - so finding accessories has been easy
- expandable memory capability, however, the 2GB has been enough for me thus far
- App store and available apps are quite the same as for the iPod
- voice to text capabilities all the time
- easy to use

But here are the things that bother me with it:
- OS is not upgradeable - there are some Apps that I cannot get because of this, meaning I'll need to buy another newer model of a tablet eventually, but this is sufficient for now
- it says it plays Flash (which is correct), however, I am unable to get CityVille on Facebook to load and let me play it - getting this to work would really make me happy, I know it's possible, just haven't figured it out yet
- I was under the impression that it would be able to charge with the same cords as my iPhone, however, this is only capable if you alter the charger area on the product by removing the metal blocker, which voids your warranty of course - so I'm leaving that as a backup for down the road ;)

As you can see, these are minor issues and this product is great. I would strongly suggest it to anyone on a tight budget but wanting a tablet. Quite comparible, better in some aspects, than the iPad. I wanted something that was like a computer in all aspects (Flash, PDF, books, apps, email, Facebook, etc) without the high cost - and that's what this is!

UPDATE:
After having had, and used it for a long time, I have a new outlook on this item. I still agree with everything I wrote above. However, if I was given the chance now, I would go with a Samsung; as I prefer my Samsung a million times more than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tablet for the price..., Dec 29 2011
Picked up a Le Pan TC 970 in the Black Friday Sale ( ~$170) for my wife after she has decided that a tablet would be the answer to all her wishes... I bulked at the idea of spending $500+ on an IPad just so my wife could surf, email and stream video... and the fact that this tablet is running an older version of Android was not an issue.

The Le Pan seemed just the job when it arrived, great size, good solid build and a sharp screen... the android interface took a bit of getting used to, but nothing to complain about... All went well for the first few days... then the USB power adapter broke and using a replacement that was meant for the Ipod Touch took over eight hours for the Le Pan to charge... not good. Amazon were great, however, and we shipped the Le Pan back and received the replacement super quick.

My wife is now happily surfing on her new Le Pan tablet and as far as I can tell, she's happy. The only real complaint we have is that the wireless connection is not the best and it does drop out from time to time... we don't have this problem with any of our other wireless devices, so I assume this to be an issue with the tablet, though I could be wrong!?

In summary, a great tablet for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good tablet for the money, Dec 29 2011
Joseph Valenti (Woodbridge, Ontario) - See all my reviews
The item was received in a standard box, well-packaged. The battery life is good and the unit is responsive. I wish the resolution were a little higher. It would be great to hear that the version of Android can be updated, but I won't get my hopes up. Basic operation is just fine. Performance while watching videos was acceptable (but perceptibly not as good as an iPad2 for example) . This is not the fanciest tablet money can buy... buy my money was well-spent. It is a good buy and I am pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, Dec 28 2011
Does everything an Ipad will do for nearly 1/4 of the prices. Sometimes freezes for a second or two. Battery seems very good. Nice that can change memory cards (micro sd). Would recommend it at the sale price.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value, Dec 28 2011
I read many reviews for several Tablets before making this purchase. They were pretty much bang on with this product. OK, it's not a IPad, but I didn't expect it to be. For $179 you not find anything comparable. There are tons of available Apps, the speed is plenty fast and the screen is vivid. You will want to change the memory card from the 2GB that it comes with. This is an amazing value!

‹ Previous | 134 35 3651 | Next ›