5.0 out of 5 stars The best in its pricepoint EDIT: was! Don't buy now!
Update June 2014:

I cannot believe some marketplace sellers are taking advantage of my review and upping the price to over $300 for this device. DO NOT BUY IT!! Unless you see it on sale for around $50, this is an outdated device, with NO support (from the manufacturer OR the community anymore), and it is NOT worth it.

Mine is still working well...
Published on Aug. 26 2011 by M. Codas Echavarri

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Upgradeable
Overall, I am satisfied with this purchase. I only gave it three stars because after researching it for some time, I was under the distinct impression that the operating system would be upgraded. LePan support staff say: " This OS is not upgradable to anything beyond 2.2. Le Pan plans to release a new tablet with a new OS that will come out early next year." Also, do...
Published on Nov. 21 2011 by Anita

‹ Previous | 134 35 3653 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from this junk, April 4 2013
Parwez Sultani (Longueuil, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS (Personal Computers)
This tablet is absolutely useless...it cannot be upgraded...it is very heavy...the resolution is horrible...and it died on me the second day after I got it...what an absolute piece of junk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tablette le Pan, March 26 2013
Bonne solution lorsqu'on ne veut pas payé le pleins prix sur une tablette.
:-)
Elle fonctionne bien et se décharge lentement.

4.0 out of 5 stars lepan tc970 tablet review, March 17 2013
I kind of bought this tablet knowing there is a possibility that it would freeze on me from time to time.
Unfortunately it does just that. When that oc urs is usually if I am impatient and try toget the tablet todo many
Things all at once. When it freezes i insert a pin intothe tiny reset hole and within 15 seconds (about) mytablet is
working again.
Apart from that I am very pleased with the speed and appearance of this tablet. I placed a non glare screen protector over the screen and that has helped with the display not being full of finger prints.

If you purchase this tablet buy the proper case for it from lepan.I bought the wrong one from.amazon and my tablet has stretched The tabs on it so occassionally it will slide out of the case

I wish lepan provided an hdmi or usb cable with the tablet. It would be helpful.

Overall this is a great (large) tablet for a superb price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super! tablette pour un excellent prix., March 17 2013
Je ne suis pas un maniaque des gadgets electroniques, mais je me suis finalement decide a l'achat d'une tablette lors du Black Friday Sale et du bas prix de cette tablette. Par la suite, j'ai remplace la carte memoire pour une carte de 32 gig . Meme si ce n'est pas le modele le plus recent, le plus performant et le plus leger, je suis entierement satisfait. J'utilise ma tablette pour lire les journaux, lire des livres numeriques, pour regarder des films, rechercher des restos et des hotels lors de mes voyages, comme GPS, comme lecteur de cartes marines et meme pour rediger des notes sur des fichiers compatibles avec la suite Office. Avec l'Apps store, quoique certaines ne soit pas compatibles avec la version 2.2 du systeme d'exploitation, on peut trouver toutes les applications que l'on souhaite, soit gratuitement, soit a bas prix. A ma grande surprise, je me suis vraiment fait prendre au jeu avec cette tablette. C'est vraiment un outil formidable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, Feb. 13 2013
I really enjoy the Le Pan tablet. It's screen size ensures you don't strain your eyes while reading and the fact that it reacts realtime to screen touch is awesome. Bluetooth, wifi, android os and many more! Good value for money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Le Pan, Jan. 8 2013
when it works its great however, it freezes ALOT. and has to be restarted every time. also it didnt come with an instuction booklet, which would have been nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget tablet but lacking reliability, Oct. 14 2012
I've been using this product for about 3 months now and I am pleased with its overall performance however I did initially have problems with it freezing, usually after a prolonged period in sleep mode. This was ultimately resolved by updating the firmware although it does still crash from time to time, hence 4 stars instead of 5. Other than this the device has lived up to my expectations and android has finally won my heart (after 2 years!) and convinced me to splash out on a new android smartphone as well, the HTC One V.

The tablet is usually responsive and I can change from app to app quickly whilst there is enough RAM that I don't have to worry too much about how many I leave running but I do use advanced task manager to keep them in check. I'm not a huge android gamer but the ones I have tried work well although tank hero is as graphically intensive as I've gone! It also runs live wallpapers with no problem.

The internet is can be a bit laggy with some flash intense webpages taking up to 30 seconds to load fully and I can't stream youtube videos reliably on HQ mode. This could be due to poor network reception however as sometimes it is much faster, although my laptop doesn't have the same issues. All of this leads me to believe that the wireless adaptor is a bit weak but this won't be a problem if you have a strong signal (unlike me!).

All in all I'm happy with my purchase and realize that you shouldn't expect the world from a device in this price bracket (half that of certain fruit brandishing products!). I should soon hopefully be getting a more reliable internet connection so I will update the internet connectivity section then.

**Update ~5 months of ownership

The internet connection works reasonably well now, probably because the router was reset. It still occasionally disconnects and has problems streaming video's sometimes though. After un-installing a load of apps that I had downloaded the screen freeze problem has also gone away, but I'm not sure what app (if any!) was causing the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal out there !, Oct. 4 2012
Bought the Le Pan tablet. Did not want to spend for an iPad.
My wife wanted an e-reader. For a few dollars more I bought this since you can do a lot more with it.

Was surprised at the quality of the product. Good and solid.
Skype and Netflix works great, contrary to what I have read.
The one i got has a camera to use for Skype (rear facing).

If you are used to handling an Android phone, it works almost exactly the same way.
I opened it and I got into it immediately since it was alomost like handling my phone but only bigger.

Great battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Le Pan, June 22 2012
Lady J (Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm a total novice with this type of electronics but so far I'm having fun with my Le Pan. I love that it's compact and fits easily in my hand or on my lap and so far it seems pretty easy to navigate through. I also totally love that it cost me less than $200 including taxes... can't beat that price!! I guess time will tell but I'm determined to conquer the new electronics that are out there... I'm 67 and don't want to be left in the dust by all the young people!! ;o))

4.0 out of 5 stars Le Pan TC970, June 19 2012
Build quality is much better than I expected. Only complaint about the tablet is the Wi-Fi connection drops very intermittently even with the latest firmware. A very good tablet for the price.

‹ Previous | 134 35 3653 | Next ›