5.0 out of 5 stars Love this printer!
Published on Sept. 14 2011 by EL

1.0 out of 5 stars Used and returned printer sent as new from Amazon
I received this broken, with cracks. Seems to have been a returned previously. Power cord was missing. Driver CD was outside of the bag. Manuals were thrown everywhere inside the box. Printer's button labels were peeling off, and in French. There was also a problem with the toner that comes with the printer. The plastic protector that is used during shipping was...
Published 2 months ago by aaca

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this printer!, Sept. 14 2011
This review is from: Brother MFC7860DW Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax (Office Product)
Just bought this for $200 at BB and it's only been a week but I'm loving it so far. Easy wireless set-up (especially for Mac - I returned a Samsung b/c it wasn't compatible with the new Mac OS) and my router is on a different floor than the printer. Good speed and excellent print quality. Great scans and duplex printing is wonderful. (I don't fax so can't comment). It also looks better and more sturdy than the other brands like Samsung, Canon, HP... No more crappy inkjets! I did lots of research and this is by far the best all-in-one laser for the price. Just bought the high-yield toner for $60 on AMZN too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cut the cable!, Oct. 13 2013
Bought this for the home office, mostly for the wireless feature. I was a little disappointed with the cheap feel of it. The tray and document feeder do not feel like they will stand up to heavy use, but in my home, they won't get it either. After reading some reviews about the difficult set up, I was quite surprised how straight forward it was if you follow the instructions. I did not even need to download drivers for Windows 8 as the included cd had already been updated.
The wireless feature is awesome! I have been able to totally clean up the rats nest of cables by hiding the modem/router in the basement with the incoming satellite and phone connections. The printer fits perfectly on top of a filing cabinet and I no longer need a bulky desk to hold everything. We now print from any laptop or smartphone, from any room in the house. On the weekend I was able to sit in the backyard with the kids as the neighborhood came over to enjoy a campfire and projection screen movie, and I could still work on my laptop and printer. Previously, I was relegated to the indoors, tied to the old printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-in-one laser printer, March 2 2012
I got this printer a week ago, set-up was very straight forward and easy, print quality is great, really fast, works with iphone, ipad with the Brother app on App Store.

This printer is quick, quieter than many others, superior quality, faxing is easy and great quality too, scanning is very good but could be better, may be I haven't adjusted all the settings yet; its economical too and very reasonable priced toner.

5.0 out of 5 stars printer for a writer, Oct. 30 2013
This is the printer a writer needs. I like to print out rough drafts, work on them by hand, then enter revisions on-screen and print again, and keep on doing that until I'm finally satisfied. With an inkjet that costs a fortune, and so I'd taken to doing all revisions on-screen. Now with this new printer, I'm returning to my old way of writing, and I am a very happy puppy. Thank you, Brother. (Oh, also, the scanner does beautiful work.)

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, Aug. 5 2013
I print on average about 150pages per week as a student. I love it so far for the price and ease of set up. At first, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to be tech savvy enough to set up the 'wireless' part. I learned that you can't just simply plug in the usb first thing. You have to download the software (my ultrabook does not have CD rom), and then follow the instructions as per the manual, and when instructed, THEN you plug in your usb.
Anyways, in terms of printing speed,it is definitely faster than what I am used to.
Perhaps I would be better if the printing settings were a bit easier to save.
All in all, loving the printer!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best printer I've ever owned!, Sept. 20 2012
Paul Acree (Thunder Bay, ON CDN) - See all my reviews
Brother printers enjoy a richly deserved reputation for quality; they build robust machines that create good images. Even more impressive to me is their clearly written, accurate documentation and ease of set-up; took minutes and the printer was ready to roll. All this in a very reasonably priced package. Splendid! I heartily recommend this product to anyone, whether for a small business or for personal use.

My printer arrived on time, well protected; kudos Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars but would not hesitate to describe this as the best I've ever had, Oct. 6 2014
I've had quite a few printers over the years, but would not hesitate to describe this as the best I've ever had, bar none.

To begin with, its compact design ensures it sits inconspicuously in your study or office. It is very solidly built too, and you don't get any of those superfluous projections that almost defines most other machines.

But its main attraction for me is its no-fuss functionality. For example, although I'm not tech-savvy by any means, I've been able to print and scan documents from the laptop without consulting the manual. And it's not as noisy as other machines either. I haven't yet needed the fax or copier, to be sure, but have no reason to believe that either would be any different.

And if the toner/cartridge cost is as reasonable as suggested, that would would be an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, Sept. 2 2014
I run a small home business and had a Brother printer which I was happy with and worked fine but it was just a printer. I found myself in need of a fax and copier as well. I purchased this unit which happened to use the same toner and as I had 3 toners in stock I didn't feel like trying to sell them off at a loss so this was perfect. I can honestly say I don't know if it was easy or difficult to set it up as I let my husband do that - I have no patience for electronic wizzardry! As long as it works when I hit "start" I'm happy. I find it a good printer and reasonably priced. Getting 2500 pages or so to a toner is great as well. Also, Amazon was great when two days after I received my purchase it went on sale and they refunded me the difference. Happy all around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but manuals and support are confusing, Dec 7 2011
I like the product but I would not want to see my grand mother having to extract valuable information from their manuals. It is a maze of redirects. The way they organize their documentation is a perfect example of how to sort things so that it makes sense for the engineers but gets the end user totally confused..

Now the support. I created a case on their email support site. Got a confirmation that my case is created and that some one would answer me shortly. 3 weeks later I had to call them to ask what was up with my case. They could not find my case number in their system. Wow. I showed them a brochure of the product listing ssl in the supported protocols, and the answer I had was that it does not support it.

**EDIT**
Brother went ahead and proposed to replace my printer with another model. This makes up for the inconvenience I had.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great printer, May 1 2013
I love this printer. It works great, the photocopier is great - I haven't had a chance to try the fax machine, but everything else works really well.