5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Show in the History of Television
Published on March 19 2012 by Wendy

Published 2 months ago by DP

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Show in the History of Television, March 19 2012
I've already watched this season of Sherlock and I can't wait for this DVD to be released! BBC's Sherlock is an incredible show, whose only downfall is the fact that seasons have only 3 episodes! This modern take on Sherlock Holmes is flawlessly written by Mark Gatiss and Stephen Moffat and brought to life by the amazing talents of Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) and Martin Freeman (Watson). Season/Series 2 begins with the masterpiece "A Scandal in Belgravia" featuring 'The Woman' Irene Adler. Next, Sherlock tackles a classic tale with "The Hounds of Baskerville". And watch the epic Moriarty/Sherlock confrontation in the final episode of the season, "The Reichenbach Fall". If you haven't see this wonderful series, start watching it now. This DVD is a must have for Sherlock fans, I'm really hoping though that the North American Amazon sites will offer the Sherlock Series 1 and 2 Box Set, not just the separate seasons. The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant beyond belief!, April 10 2012
Gayle Gibson (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sherlock: Season Two (DVD)
I always thought that Jeremy Brett was the 'real' Sherlock Holmes. He still is the real Victorian hero, but Benedict Cumberpatch is showing how the world's first and only consulting detective would function and appear in the twenty-first century. The relationship between Homes and Watson is a classic male friendship;Martin Freeman knows how to show Watson's courage, intelligence and wit. He is not overshadowed by Cumberpatch's bravura performance, but makes it believable and human. The acting from all the cast is full of unexpected nuances with never a wrong note. The plots are intricate and fascinating and full of surprises. The pacing, editing and photography are heart-stoppingly beautiful. It's elegant, it's exciting, . . . it's the best TV series i've ever seen.
gayle gibson

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Region-free has issues with most North American blu-ray players, June 5 2014
The series itself it 5 stars, however this product...not so much. Region-free, so I learned after opening it via the amazon.com reviews and google searching, means it does not play in most North American blu-ray players as it requires 50i playback. I own three Sony blu-ray players, and all I got was a black screen and no sound on all. Disappointed (and frustrated) that this risk was not better disclosed in the description on amazon.ca (not sure if this is seller or amazon responsiblity). I was able to find a friend that had a blu-ray with the capability to play this so gave it to them. Thank goodness for netflix! So 1 star for region free but 5 stars for Sherlock averages to 3 stars for my review. Excellent series though!!

5.0 out of 5 stars omg, it got better..., June 12 2014
Richard Schwindt (Kingston, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sherlock: Season Two (DVD)
John and Sherlock are back, along with the rest of the perfect cast for season two. I keep expecting them to grow stale but they actually improve and advance the characters. The final episode, the Reichenbach Fall is smashing. Brilliantly unhinged Andrew Scott, playing Jim Moriarty steals every scene he is in, which shouldn't be possible playing alongside Benedict Cumberbach. And I can't get enough of Mark Gatiss' brilliant, snobbish Mycroft. There is also a good remake of the, ah, Hound story, and a slinky and gifted Irene Adler, brilliantly reimagined as a dominatrix. I would completely recommend and in fact rave about any entry in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a see-many-times, May 16 2014
Very entertaining, intelligent. So much detail you cannot pick it all up in one viewing. Good for all the family although younger children won't get it. My 9 year old daughter loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sherlock Season Two, May 1 2014
Fantastic acting. I love the camera work (angles, lighting, special effects, etc.). The "special features" that appear on each disk help to increase my appreciation of the actors and series writers. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS, April 25 2014
Sofie (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sherlock: Season Two (DVD)
If I found a genie and he offered to grant me three wishes, my first wish would be that there were at least 10 episodes of Sherlock per season, not 3. My second would be that it took no more than a year for each season to be released. And my third would be that Sherlock and Watson were a gay couple (they are made for each other!! they just don't realize it!!! kay, I know I am a little weird.)

In all seriousness though, Sherlock is now my third favourite crime show on TV after Castle and Bones, and Cumberbatch's Sherlock is now one of my favourite TV characters ever. The first depiction I saw of Sherlock was by Robert Downey Jr, the second was Jeremy Brett's Sherlock (who is the most faithful to the books.) The truth is, I love all three versions. Robert Downey Jr's was quite different from the books because he was not at all asexual (kind of a man-whore, actually,) and he was a very competent fighter. Yet his character's wit, intelligence, and humour still won me over (and his bromance with Jude Law.) Jeremy Brett's Sherlock introduced me to the original version of the character and again I loved Sherlock Holmes. I was a bit upset when I started the first season and learned that it took place in modern London. After twenty minutes of the first episode, I couldn't have cared less. I was already addicted. Cumberbatch's Sherlock is AMAZING. He becomes even more "human" in the second season, forging a very touching friendship with Molly, going out of his way to save Irene, and proving just how deeply he cares for John Watson and his friends and brother.

I highly recommend this show!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed as much as season 1., April 5 2014
This review is from: Sherlock: Season Two (DVD)
Baskerville was terrible, Irene Adler was great and the third episode was gripping... can't wait for season 3! I rarely watch TV (I am often bored by it) but I found that this series not only grabbed my attention, but held it for the entire hour and a half!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, March 25 2014
Earmotion - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sherlock: Season Two (DVD)
These shows are great. They rival the big screen in their quality of writing, acting and filming. Watch all of the seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, March 24 2014
This review is from: Sherlock: Season Two (DVD)
luv the series dont know why i need to use so many words. cant wait to finish watching it. etc

Sherlock: Season Two
Sherlock: Season Two by Toby Haynes (DVD - 2012)
CDN$ 37.48 CDN$ 24.99