5.0 out of 5 stars My Father the Hero
I was only a little girl when they were filming this movie and I remember being onset on many occassions as I lived in the Bahamas where they were shooting it. It was great to see the actors up close and watch this specatular movie unfold before me. (Not to mention my father was in it. XD) A must, beautiful beaches, great acting, funny story line. A must to own.
Published on May 12 2008 by Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Heroic
My Father The Hero is a light comedy that has a few laughs and nothing more. The entire plot is rather corny and over done a bit, but it's stomach able.
Published on May 29 2003 by Tyler Disley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Father the Hero, May 12 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars My Father The Hero...funniest movie ever!!, Sept. 11 2003
This review is from: My Father the Hero (DVD)
This is the funniest video ever!! A must see for all those who have teenagers...in fact a funny video for everyone!!! A MUST see!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Old Favourite Revisited, Sept. 30 2012
This review is from: My Father the Hero [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was so excited to come home and find this movie in my mail box. I have been searching for it in vain for years. I was in my early teens when I first saw this movie and I absolutely loved it. I didn't have a father in my life so it was so interesting to me to see the inner workings of their relationship. The story is cheezy and the acting isn't all that great, but the sentiment behind it is wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm Fluff I've been watching since I was 5, May 22 2004
adriana "alisa" (Los Angeles,CA,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Father the Hero (DVD)
I don't think I'll ever ever ever
get sick of this movie!Sure, it's not
deep, and 14 year-old Katherine Heigl
isn't much of an actress(although she's gorgeous like hell).But Gerard Depardieu works
!The slapstick,sweet and silly but totally irresistable story (adolescent girl is on vacation with her father, and all is well until a slight misunderstanding gets the whole island to believe that Gerard Depardieu is Heigl's lover), works!
All the supporting roles and sidekicks work!
The humor is there, and it gets me laughing
everytime!Not a single moment drags, and I can't think of a better fluffy, feel-good, weekend flick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 22 2003
Ms. Amanda Morris (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Father the Hero (DVD)
I remember watching this movie when it first came out on movie channels. I'm a young 21 years old, so I was a fairly young girl at the time. Ever since then, I've fallen in love with this movie. I'm glad it finally came out on DVD because my VHS tape was starting to get all fuzzy. I'm curious as to which trasnlation they have at the end of the movie when he is speaking french to everyone. There are 2 versions, one is funnier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, July 20 2003
Kylie (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Father the Hero (DVD)
This is a great movie for everyone. It is so funny, Depardieu did great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Heroic, May 29 2003
Tyler Disley (Jackson, Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Father the Hero (DVD)
Gerard Depardieu is hysterically funny as the father who has no idea what is going on. He is trying to protect his 14 year old daughter from "growing up", but what he doesn't know is that she already is (appearances anyway). He has a real comic sense and vulnerability.
The young girl becomes extremely annoying as the movie progresses, which is probably what turned me off a little bit. Steve Minor, the director, did a good job of creating a fun atmosphere though.
My Father The Hero is in no way a great movie, but it is okay for casual viewing and a couple of belly laughs. 3 Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars i love it, March 13 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: My Father, the Hero (VHS Tape)
i saw it when i was like 12 and it was my fav movie.. since then i have found it again cuz it is hard to find and i just bought it and 10 yrs later i still love it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Katherine Heigl's 1st movie; Gerard Depardieu is outrageous, Jan. 31 2003
This review is from: My Father the Hero (DVD)
Model/actress Katherine Heigl's first feature film- age 16. She has played in several since, including Bride Of Chucky and Valentine- most recent. Heigl is married to Blossom and Gimme A Break star/part-time singer Joey Lawrence. Heigl's character in this movie is as a teen going through her parents divorce as she goes off to live with her father, Gerard Depardieu, in paradise islands. Her father sees she is growing up and coming into a woman. Adventures begin when Heigl tells lies about the situation with her and her father. The people of the islands gets wind of Heigl's lies, one in particular that her father isn't really her father but her lover. From then on, the locals of the island snoop and spy at the two all of the time- father doesn't find out what her daughter says for a while and when he does, he plays along at the daughter's urge. Makes for a funny, off-the-wall comedy. Depardieu makes the plot work well with his comic expertise.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hero!, July 2 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: My Father, the Hero (VHS Tape)
This movie is definitely one of the best movies that I have seen in a long time. It tells anout a young girl who feels that her father is growing away from her and will have children and consecuently forget about her. This movie is full of fun, love and drama.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›