5.0 out of 5 stars It works...
I've been a heavy latte drinker for about 10 years now... meaning I've probably spent well over 10k on frothy milk drinks in my lifetime. This morning I did something different; I poured some milk and pushed a button.

Published on May 22 2011 by M. Dalton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price tag!
I read many favourable reviews on this frother prior to my purchase. My experience has not be up to my researched expectations. The device heats the milk very well but does not froth most types of milk. The only milk I can get the machine to produce a head of foam is a Lactaid milk every other milk heats up but comes out flat (NO foam). For this reason I would not...
Published 15 months ago by Cindy

5.0 out of 5 stars It works..., May 22 2011
M. Dalton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)

After going over the other frother type things on the market, I went with this because it does larger portions (up to about 700ml), and because it gets stuff hot... at least that's what I thought it would do, but now I know for sure =)
There's a capp disk (frothing piece) and a latte one (with a storage slot).
The capp disk gives plenty of foam even with some loose tea mixed in along with the milk. The lid has a removable piece in the middle that acts as a measuring cup and an opening with which to place teas/syrup/hot chocolate as the milk swirls around... but of course the more stuff spinning around in there the less foam you'll get.

Never bought a Breville product before, but the price goes to good use; it's very nicely designed with rather hefty stainless steel. Nice to look at and pleasing to use. I'd buy it again and have no thoughts as to whether I could have gotten by with a cheaper product. It's sweet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
I absolutely love this frother. Hands down - the best I've used. It heats your milk to the perfect (adjustable) temperature and produces a lot of froth. I've learned if you mix the froth and the hot milk before you pour it into your glass, you'll get a richer froth instead of that static foam which just sits on top of your drink and doesn't really mix in that well.

This product is perfect in every way. Super easy to use, very easy to clean and maintain. I would love to give it 5 stars, but it is ridiculously expensive for such a simple unit.

If you're willing to splurge - buy this frother. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, Jan. 29 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
I have coveted my sister's and my daughters milk frothers but had avoided buying one because of the cost and because it seemed like such a luxury. I saw this one and liked the fact that the milk pot could go in the dishwasher for easy cleaning and it was on sale. I agree with the comment on one of the other reviews that you have to make enough milk for 2 cups of coffee and if you only want one you will either have very milky coffee or some left over. I like the way it makes a creamy froth to the milk and that it heats it to a reasonable temperature that you can change and control. My grandson likes his "hot" chocolate more like warm chocolate and this can easily be done. It is easy to use and is very stable on the counter. All in all I am really enjoying the frother.

4.0 out of 5 stars Breville milk frotter vs Nespresso's..., Dec 11 2012
Geoffroy (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
Its a bit slower than the Nespresso frotter (what I used to have) to heat up milk and the minimum quantity of milk you can put into it is not low enough, so when you serve a european coffee format (approx. 4 oz.) you have to deal with waste. On the other hand, you can put way more liquid in this machine so you can do bigger batches of anything (not just milk), its easier and faster to clean up too. One of the main reasons why I switched was because of the non-adhesive coating of the Nespresso machine that kept chipping off (I've had two such frotter's because of this issue) because its very delicate and must be handled perfectly and you can't put anything other than normal milk in the nespresso machine because of this coating technology (the same as non stick pans, also linked to cancer when ingested). I use soy milk for my needs mostly and it pretty much destroyed both machines I owned (probobly because of the high sugar value). The Breville's container is all stainless steel so I can put whatever I want in it and it won't affect it in any way. So for serving smaller coffees its a bad idea... but whenever volume counts or american sized coffees served... its perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!, May 6 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
We bought one for ourselves after reading many reviews then bought 2 more as gifts for our children. Occasionally the blade will need a nudge to get started, but as long as we check it before adding liquid it is good. The froth it makes from Almond Breeze and whole milk is like whipped egg whites! The temp control gives hot milk without burning it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch!, Jan. 31 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
I love this frother! I read some of the negative reviews and was hesitant to purchase it, but decided to take a chance when I saw that my local David's Tea store was using the same one in store to make their lattes. It doesn't work with all kinds of milk - you have to experiment until you find ones that work the best. For soy milk, I use Silk or So Nice brand, and it gives the creamiest, thickest froth! Chocolate milk works terrific as well. Definitely leaving this on my counter as it will be used daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm, Dec 27 2011
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
I gave this to my daughter for Christmas. She loves it. You can froth any kind of milk at all, which is also great for my grandson, as he has an allergy to dairy...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, great design, April 20 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
I love this and use it twice a day.

It does exactly what it is supposed to and has an excellent design.

It is very easy to use - you just fill it with the liquid of your choice and press the (only) button on it. I've used milk, almond milk, and soy. I love that you turn the dial to the temperature you want; that it isn't only 'warm', 'hot' and 'hotter'.

As for design: the metal cup that sits on the base is formed from one piece - there are NO seams that will pull apart or rust with time. Also, the movement that froths the milk is based on magnets. This means there are no awkward spots to clean.

It says its dishwasher-safe, but I've been washing it by hand so it will last. It only takes about 30 seconds.

It works perfectly every time. No complaints!

5.0 out of 5 stars Froth milk the easy way, March 22 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
This product is great. I researched it well beforehand and had no surprises. Best thing besides well frothed milk is the snappy cleanup. Induction heating means there's no element to clean around and no scorched milk. You can add chai powder during the frothing process to get a nice warm chai latte. I would definitely buy it again or give as a gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Verry good, Feb. 6 2013
R. Dube (St-Basile-le-Grand, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother (Kitchen)
Bought this frother to be the perfect companion of our Nespresso coffee machine. Bought it instead of the Nespresso one because of the quantity it can froth in one shot. Don't regret it. The milk is just as hot as I like it to be. The reason I'm not giving this frother 5*: the froth is not as thick as everything I've seen on the Web in many reviews. Froth is decent.

Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother