countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home Music Deals Store All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Price:$99.95+ $11.47 shipping

TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 16, 2016
This thing is awesome. I am by no means a chef, just a single father with a 12 year old daughter. My cooking is by necessity, not much by choice although I'm beginning to think my daughter is better at this than me.

The first thing I learned about buying kitchen appliances is 'efficiency and clean-up'. This blender has both.

I used to never make any smoothies at all because using the blender was a pain. Not only is it loud, it takes up so much space in the sink and in the dishwasher to clean the thing. This hand blender takes up a lot less space, is far more quiet, and easier to clean! I just put soapy water in the container it came with, and turn it on for a bit. It gets the blade clean! Then I just wash the rest of it to make sure it's good, and put it away. It works fantastic with ice in smoothies and on frozen fruit, which was a must for me

I also use it surprisingly often to just chop up veggies. It works so much more efficiently than my food processor for when I just want small bits of veggies (such as to add in salads or into a sauce). Chopping container is also transparent & really tough plastic.

It's bigger than I anticipated, but very, very solidly made. Nothing feels cheap. For this price, it shouldn't, but while there were a few others that didn't cost as much, they either felt cheaper when I held them (in local brick and mortars), or had reviews that mentioned build quality issues. So this is a positive case of getting what you paid for.

Cord is long enough to make it easy for me to use at various stations in my kitchen depending on what I'm making. The accessories with it share that same level of quality as well, although I haven't used them that much other than basic testing to make sure they work upon arrival.

I've noticed some reviews about a 'flimsy whisk'. Actually, it's quite strong and maybe some aren't use to such a bendable/flexible whisk. I think it is designed that way and I have to say, it works great.

I have fairly big hands so the handle is super comfortable to grip, and when assembled, it's tall yet easy to maneuver. Some really had their smart cap on when he or she designed this. Great ergonomics.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. I hope this helps and you can take this into consideration when purchasing :)
on November 24, 2015
I read the Consumer's Report on these handheld immersion blenders and then read up on each one of the top ones. This one had high points. I took the educated chance and bought it, and just love it. I never run it non-stop for more than 20 seconds (which is a long time for blending) as I decided to err on the side of caution with all of the hand-helds. The blade is good, and the range of speeds excellent. I bought it mostly for making semi-pureed soups, but have come to rely on it for 1-minute grating of block Parmesan cheese into finely grated cheese. It comes with a processing cup (for about 2 cups of grated cheese), the whisk attachment, a pitcher, immersible blade, etc. I recommend it highly. Always use it at a lower than expected speed and notch up, as it can be quite powerful! I love and am delighted to have it. I've owned mine well over a year now and use it very regularly. I am sure to clean it carefully and well (without compromising the sharpness of the blades) every time I use it. I know I will have it for many years!
on February 7, 2013
Works very well but could be improved by having a more flexible cord, and by making the head small enough to fit into a Mason jar. I love the 110V plugs Breville use on their appliances, all portables should use these. (a finger ring to assist pulling out the plug) This is the best hand blender I have used for doing hot soups, absolutely no splash back.
on February 10, 2014
After downsizing and moving across the country I eventually needed a new blender. My previous blender was used primarily for soups and smoothies, so I considered buying a hand blender/mixer. I did a lot of research before purchasing the Breville Immersion Blender, and I am so happy that I did!

I really love this thing. I use it to smooth roasted vegetable soup right in the pot. I have even stopped chopping a lot of my vegetable and instead use the food processor/chopper. Less time crying over onions!

My fave 5 things:
1. The silicone edge at the bottom means my pots don't get scratched.
2. It is a good size and weight for both my small hands, as well as my husband's average hand size.
3. Trigger is fun and easy to use. I don't have any problems with the process whatsoever!
4. Quick to use. Everything snaps together quickly and smoothes or chops everything fast.
5. Easy clean up after! You just need to give everything a quick rinse immediately after use and you don't need to worry about touching those sharp blades!
on June 22, 2016
I love this blender!!! I bought it for making soup, salad dressing, and the occasional smoothie. The blender itself is beautiful and has a good weight to it. Easy to assemble, to use and to clean.
Blending soup was so easy and there were no spatters! I just gave the blender 10-15 second rest every 30-40 seconds or so, it took less than 5 minutes to blend a whole pot of soup.
This is the only thing that's confusing - the instructions warn you to not use the blades for frozen fruit and ice, but the blades are advertised as ice-crushing blades. Just to be cautious, I thawed the frozen fruit for 10 seconds in the microwave and the smoothie turned out fine.
This is a great quality product, and I love to use it!
on July 8, 2016
The good news: It was a really powerful blender that did everything we wanted it to do. Loved the hole in the plug for unplugging from the wall, too. We made all sorts of smoothies, pureed soup right in the pot.Then..
The bad news: It just stopped working, Immediately right after the warranty expired.
The good news: Breville still honored the warranty! Even though it was just after the year!
The bad news: The same thing happened to the next one. But this time within six months!
The bad news: This one is not under warranty, because it is a replacement.
The good news? Breville will sell me another one at a discounted price. But...
I can buy other brands for less money then the discounted Breville. The Cuisinart I ended up getting for $forty something has a 3 year warranty, which right now means an awful lot to me.
on May 3, 2016
Very well and thoughtfully designed product, from the ring hole in the plug to rubberized tip of the blender stick. Every attachment (the blender, whisk, and food processor) feels like quality. Cannot speak for longevity of product, since I have only used it for 2 week. Handy for sauces, smoothies, and soups. Cleaning is easy. Delivered early. Very happy with purchase.
on November 11, 2012
I bought this blender to replace an inexpensive Oster hand blender about 2 months ago and have used it about 10 times. The things that bothered me about the Oster blender appear to be a non-issue with this Breville blender - specifically: a) the food material was very difficult to clear out of the Oster blender resulting in mould growing; b) it was difficult to prevent the liquid from flying out of the mixing container. The Breville hand blender is a little larger to wield, but its worth it. Not sure what's different about the design - maybe it's just the speed control - but it doesn't make a mess. It works great for everything from protein shakes to soups. Cleaning it is simple. I hardly use my standing blender at all.
on June 2, 2016
So well made! It works perfectly and is the best hand immersion blender/mini chop I have purchased, and I can tell it will last a long time. The mini chopper with storage lid is my favorite part of the set. It works really well at chopping and blending and you can take the blade out and then store it in the fridge without and problem. And most of the parts are machine washable which is awesome. Love this product and Breville is a great company.
on April 16, 2013
This is a wonderful little powerhouse. We've used every single attachment--making everything from smoothies to salsa to whipped cream to omelets.
The food processor is good for herbs and vegetables (chimichurri, salsa, marinades, etc.) but can't tackle nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.) very well. The immersion blender is fantastic and can handle fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies with no hiccups. The whisk is also great for eggs, cream, batters and the like.

I believe we had a somewhat defective unit as the motor would stop spinning every so often and we'd have to manually "crank" the blades to turn the motor to get it going again. Breville customer support is good and we're expecting a replacement any day now. They even paid for shipping the defective item to them--very nice!