biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: 8.8"x2.2"x4"Color: Stainless SteelChange

on February 7, 2013
Works very well but could be improved by having a more flexible cord, and by making the head small enough to fit into a Mason jar. I love the 110V plugs Breville use on their appliances, all portables should use these. (a finger ring to assist pulling out the plug) This is the best hand blender I have used for doing hot soups, absolutely no splash back.
on November 11, 2012
I bought this blender to replace an inexpensive Oster hand blender about 2 months ago and have used it about 10 times. The things that bothered me about the Oster blender appear to be a non-issue with this Breville blender - specifically: a) the food material was very difficult to clear out of the Oster blender resulting in mould growing; b) it was difficult to prevent the liquid from flying out of the mixing container. The Breville hand blender is a little larger to wield, but its worth it. Not sure what's different about the design - maybe it's just the speed control - but it doesn't make a mess. It works great for everything from protein shakes to soups. Cleaning it is simple. I hardly use my standing blender at all.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
I haven't had this long so the use I've had has been limited to several times so far but I am very impressed by how well it works. I love that it has various speed settings, an ergonomic handle and it is incredibly easy to clean. Also love the various attachments. Great product and I would highly recommend.
on April 16, 2013
This is a wonderful little powerhouse. We've used every single attachment--making everything from smoothies to salsa to whipped cream to omelets.
The food processor is good for herbs and vegetables (chimichurri, salsa, marinades, etc.) but can't tackle nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.) very well. The immersion blender is fantastic and can handle fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies with no hiccups. The whisk is also great for eggs, cream, batters and the like.

I believe we had a somewhat defective unit as the motor would stop spinning every so often and we'd have to manually "crank" the blades to turn the motor to get it going again. Breville customer support is good and we're expecting a replacement any day now. They even paid for shipping the defective item to them--very nice!
on November 24, 2015
I read the Consumer's Report on these handheld immersion blenders and then read up on each one of the top ones. This one had high points. I took the educated chance and bought it, and just love it. I never run it non-stop for more than 20 seconds (which is a long time for blending) as I decided to err on the side of caution with all of the hand-helds. The blade is good, and the range of speeds excellent. I bought it mostly for making semi-pureed soups, but have come to rely on it for 1-minute grating of block Parmesan cheese into finely grated cheese. It comes with a processing cup (for about 2 cups of grated cheese), the whisk attachment, a pitcher, immersible blade, etc. I recommend it highly. Always use it at a lower than expected speed and notch up, as it can be quite powerful! I love and am delighted to have it. I've owned mine well over a year now and use it very regularly. I am sure to clean it carefully and well (without compromising the sharpness of the blades) every time I use it. I know I will have it for many years!
on November 19, 2012
I'm glad I purchased an immersion blender with this variety of accessories. The small food processor/chopper is fabulous and just what I needed to make my own baby food. I also love the variable speed control as my other hand blender only has only 2 speeds and liquids would often splash everywhere. I've only had this for a few weeks so I cannot comment on durability but it seems to be a solid construction. In terms of it's size, I would have to agree with other reviews that it's on the large side, however, this has not been an issue for me.
on April 4, 2013
Excellente qualité de fabrication, silencieux et puissant, pour les soupes, purées et repas de bébé. Vraiment un bon produit. Je recommande.
on March 16, 2015
Fantastic set. Keep in mind that you are cautioned in the instructions to run for no longer than a minute at a time, with a minute cool down in between. Perhaps this is standard for immersion blenders, i'm not sure.
Excellent for blending soups, and making home made cosmetics!
on February 10, 2014
After downsizing and moving across the country I eventually needed a new blender. My previous blender was used primarily for soups and smoothies, so I considered buying a hand blender/mixer. I did a lot of research before purchasing the Breville Immersion Blender, and I am so happy that I did!

I really love this thing. I use it to smooth roasted vegetable soup right in the pot. I have even stopped chopping a lot of my vegetable and instead use the food processor/chopper. Less time crying over onions!

My fave 5 things:
1. The silicone edge at the bottom means my pots don't get scratched.
2. It is a good size and weight for both my small hands, as well as my husband's average hand size.
3. Trigger is fun and easy to use. I don't have any problems with the process whatsoever!
4. Quick to use. Everything snaps together quickly and smoothes or chops everything fast.
5. Easy clean up after! You just need to give everything a quick rinse immediately after use and you don't need to worry about touching those sharp blades!
on November 7, 2013
As soon as I received this Breville Immersion Blender I was so excited to use it. It took a little bit to get used to, but it fits nicely in the hand and does an outstanding job in pureeing foods for soups and dips. I love the little power dial on the top to adjust the speed of the chopper. And I also love the fact that the stem snaps on and not twist on. It looks great and is a powerhorse in the kitchen! A must have!