5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't splash!
Published on Nov. 11 2012 by Spagooski

2.0 out of 5 stars Goodimmersion blender, unsafe chopping attachment
We love Breville products - we have the juicer, kettle, and now the immersion blender. The blender is fine, works as it should; HOWEVER, the chopping bowl developed a crack across the bottom, which led to a very serious problem. I thought it would be fine, as it still had a solid rim, but one day I was using the chopping bowl attachment, and the whole thing cracked,...
Published on Feb. 23 2013 by jwang_77

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't splash!, Nov. 11 2012
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I bought this blender to replace an inexpensive Oster hand blender about 2 months ago and have used it about 10 times. The things that bothered me about the Oster blender appear to be a non-issue with this Breville blender - specifically: a) the food material was very difficult to clear out of the Oster blender resulting in mould growing; b) it was difficult to prevent the liquid from flying out of the mixing container. The Breville hand blender is a little larger to wield, but its worth it. Not sure what's different about the design - maybe it's just the speed control - but it doesn't make a mess. It works great for everything from protein shakes to soups. Cleaning it is simple. I hardly use my standing blender at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Unit, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
Works very well but could be improved by having a more flexible cord, and by making the head small enough to fit into a Mason jar. I love the 110V plugs Breville use on their appliances, all portables should use these. (a finger ring to assist pulling out the plug) This is the best hand blender I have used for doing hot soups, absolutely no splash back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but chopping bowl got warped in the dishwasher, Oct. 23 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I love this immersion blender, I have had it for 2 years and use it almost every day and it's still holding up great. This page says it has ice crushing blades and I disagree - while it can do ok with some frozen fruit, you would need to add at least a bit of liquid or yogurt to help it out. The stick does much better than the chopping bowl

BEWARE CHOPPING BOWL IN DISHWASHER: One problem I had - the small chopping bowl claims to be dishwasher safe but this is debatable. At first it got a couple cracks in it (still worked fine) and then one day came out of the dishwasher totally warped and unusable. This was after two years of maybe once per week dishwashing, maybe even a bit less frequent than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen gadget, April 16 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
This is a wonderful little powerhouse. We've used every single attachment--making everything from smoothies to salsa to whipped cream to omelets.
The food processor is good for herbs and vegetables (chimichurri, salsa, marinades, etc.) but can't tackle nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.) very well. The immersion blender is fantastic and can handle fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies with no hiccups. The whisk is also great for eggs, cream, batters and the like.

I believe we had a somewhat defective unit as the motor would stop spinning every so often and we'd have to manually "crank" the blades to turn the motor to get it going again. Breville customer support is good and we're expecting a replacement any day now. They even paid for shipping the defective item to them--very nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this blender, Jan. 3 2014
J. Houston (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I haven't had this long so the use I've had has been limited to several times so far but I am very impressed by how well it works. I love that it has various speed settings, an ergonomic handle and it is incredibly easy to clean. Also love the various attachments. Great product and I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of accessories, Nov. 19 2012
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I'm glad I purchased an immersion blender with this variety of accessories. The small food processor/chopper is fabulous and just what I needed to make my own baby food. I also love the variable speed control as my other hand blender only has only 2 speeds and liquids would often splash everywhere. I've only had this for a few weeks so I cannot comment on durability but it seems to be a solid construction. In terms of it's size, I would have to agree with other reviews that it's on the large side, however, this has not been an issue for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juste wow, April 4 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
Excellente qualité de fabrication, silencieux et puissant, pour les soupes, purées et repas de bébé. Vraiment un bon produit. Je recommande.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Power!, Nov. 7 2013
Yvonne (Toronto, ON CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
As soon as I received this Breville Immersion Blender I was so excited to use it. It took a little bit to get used to, but it fits nicely in the hand and does an outstanding job in pureeing foods for soups and dips. I love the little power dial on the top to adjust the speed of the chopper. And I also love the fact that the stem snaps on and not twist on. It looks great and is a powerhorse in the kitchen! A must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most useful tools in my kitchen, Feb. 22 2015
J-Girl (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
Honestly, at first, I balked at the price. I had bought a much more powerful hand-held blender in Europe for a fraction of what this one costs. But now I can't live without it and probably take it out just about every day to make smoothies, soups and for cutting up vegetables. I like the versatility that comes from having the whip and knife attachments. The whip isn't the sturdiest, so I wouldn't advise using it to mix a thick substance like batter. It's been perfect for making whipped cream. Meringue not so much. Doable, just not ideal, because it takes such a long time and I'm afraid uninterrupted use of the blender for ten to fifteen minutes will eventually burn the motor. The knife won't slice or chop vegetables perfectly like a food processor would, but it does the job and I find it particularly useful for preparations like soffrito/mirepoix that requires a very fine chop.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Breville stuff. This is no different., March 3 2015
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I've always been a fan of Breville applicances. The plug itself makes it worth every penny. I don't know why more appliance makers don't put finger holes in their plugs! :)

The blender doesn't shoot stuff all over the place like past blenders I've had. The little food processor attachment works great for "light use" but I wouldn't recommend heavy work in there. I already scratched the plastic on the inside chopping parmesan cheese as the motor unit was not "firmly attached".

The only problem I have this this unit is that the blender end is a little big, so it doesn't fit in my shaker cup when I'm blending a protein shake. I just use the big cup that came with it, which is fine.

Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender