5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't splash!
Published on Nov. 11 2012 by Spagooski

2.0 out of 5 stars Goodimmersion blender, unsafe chopping attachment
We love Breville products - we have the juicer, kettle, and now the immersion blender. The blender is fine, works as it should; HOWEVER, the chopping bowl developed a crack across the bottom, which led to a very serious problem. I thought it would be fine, as it still had a solid rim, but one day I was using the chopping bowl attachment, and the whole thing cracked,...
Published 22 months ago by jwang_77

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't splash!, Nov. 11 2012
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I bought this blender to replace an inexpensive Oster hand blender about 2 months ago and have used it about 10 times. The things that bothered me about the Oster blender appear to be a non-issue with this Breville blender - specifically: a) the food material was very difficult to clear out of the Oster blender resulting in mould growing; b) it was difficult to prevent the liquid from flying out of the mixing container. The Breville hand blender is a little larger to wield, but its worth it. Not sure what's different about the design - maybe it's just the speed control - but it doesn't make a mess. It works great for everything from protein shakes to soups. Cleaning it is simple. I hardly use my standing blender at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Unit, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
Works very well but could be improved by having a more flexible cord, and by making the head small enough to fit into a Mason jar. I love the 110V plugs Breville use on their appliances, all portables should use these. (a finger ring to assist pulling out the plug) This is the best hand blender I have used for doing hot soups, absolutely no splash back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of accessories, Nov. 19 2012
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I'm glad I purchased an immersion blender with this variety of accessories. The small food processor/chopper is fabulous and just what I needed to make my own baby food. I also love the variable speed control as my other hand blender only has only 2 speeds and liquids would often splash everywhere. I've only had this for a few weeks so I cannot comment on durability but it seems to be a solid construction. In terms of it's size, I would have to agree with other reviews that it's on the large side, however, this has not been an issue for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen gadget, April 16 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
This is a wonderful little powerhouse. We've used every single attachment--making everything from smoothies to salsa to whipped cream to omelets.
The food processor is good for herbs and vegetables (chimichurri, salsa, marinades, etc.) but can't tackle nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.) very well. The immersion blender is fantastic and can handle fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies with no hiccups. The whisk is also great for eggs, cream, batters and the like.

I believe we had a somewhat defective unit as the motor would stop spinning every so often and we'd have to manually "crank" the blades to turn the motor to get it going again. Breville customer support is good and we're expecting a replacement any day now. They even paid for shipping the defective item to them--very nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this blender, Jan. 3 2014
J. Houston (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I haven't had this long so the use I've had has been limited to several times so far but I am very impressed by how well it works. I love that it has various speed settings, an ergonomic handle and it is incredibly easy to clean. Also love the various attachments. Great product and I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juste wow, April 4 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
Excellente qualité de fabrication, silencieux et puissant, pour les soupes, purées et repas de bébé. Vraiment un bon produit. Je recommande.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but chopping bowl got warped in the dishwasher, Oct. 23 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I love this immersion blender, I have had it for 2 years and use it almost every day and it's still holding up great. This page says it has ice crushing blades and I disagree - while it can do ok with some frozen fruit, you would need to add at least a bit of liquid or yogurt to help it out. The stick does much better than the chopping bowl

BEWARE CHOPPING BOWL IN DISHWASHER: One problem I had - the small chopping bowl claims to be dishwasher safe but this is debatable. At first it got a couple cracks in it (still worked fine) and then one day came out of the dishwasher totally warped and unusable. This was after two years of maybe once per week dishwashing, maybe even a bit less frequent than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for the price, Jan. 1 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
This solidly built immersion blender is a little larger than expected but still easy to handle. The speed dial is very handy and it is very powerful. I've had it for a couple of months and used it for blending soups mainly - gets the job done in a matter of seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
I bought this as a gift. I have used one for years to puree soups and appreciate its power. And the rubber around the base is very important to me. I know I can't scratch pots or my slow cooker when I use it and therefore don't have to be extra careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent powerful blender, Dec 18 2013
This review is from: Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender (Kitchen)
Excellent powerful versatile blender. You can feel the quality and the robustness of the product while using it.
Working very well , beautiful design and easy to clean.

Breville BREBSB510XL Immersion Blender