4.0 out of 5 stars As far as cheap headphones go...
Published on Aug. 6 2012 by Tommy Skylar

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price
For the price they are pretty good headphones.These are comparable to $40 or $50 ones you would get at walmart or Staples. They DO NOT cancel much noise at all. I thought that because they're big over the ears that it would muffle out some sound but if someone's in the room talking you can hear them clearly. The headphones have a nice sound to them, no static, the wire is...
Published on April 16 2013 by Lo

4.0 out of 5 stars As far as cheap headphones go..., Aug. 6 2012
Tommy Skylar (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
I was on a budget and needed to replace a pair of headphones while I was overseas and after reading some positive reviews I decided to give the Sony MDR ZX100 a chance. Plus I liked the simple, stylish look they have and I find that headphones look very good in white and seem solid. So far I'm surprised, the sound is clear and good and they provide adequate sound isolation so that when I listen to music with those headphones on, I'm in my own little world. When I got outside or in the streets, surrounded by loud noises the isolation is not too fantastic. The cushions are comfortable and unless I leave them on for hours, they fit well, aren't heavy and don't hurt like some tend to. They're on the light side and in general they feel good and are adjustable to accommodate just about anyone. I like the red line that indicates the right ear it's a neat little way of knowing what side to put them on without having to look for the L or R letters. A little detail but a plus in my book. They store well, the ear parts are moveable and can be move to the side for easy storage. The bass sound is something many headphones struggle with, even some the high end ones. This model is no exception but it's not the worst I heard, I can distinguish bass unlike some of my other headphones where the bass is nonexistent.

Let's be realistic, those are cheap headphones and they aren't perfect and won't provide the best sound (for some reason most of the headphones I own have problem with the bass sound) but for this price you do however get a very good product. In fact, they're just as good and in some cases better than some of the more expensive headphones I have owned in the past. As a whole I like what I'm hearing from these and for the price I wasn't expecting much but they're surprisingly good. Unless you're an expert in headphones (if you are an expert or typically go for higher-end ones, you won't be impressed by these) I think you could do worse than give these a try, especially if money is tight. Otherwise, if you're not on budget then you should definitely go for a higher quality product. All in all, as far as cheap headphones go, these are very good for less than $20. 4/5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, Sept. 17 2012
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
Seriously, for its price. You get much more out of these headphones. They are not noise canceling, but they sound good and has a good base for basic headphones. Those over-ear headphones feel a bit uncomfortable after 1 hour straight of use, but is easily fixed by just taking them out for 20 seconds. They are really good for someone who is looking for cheap, and affordable good sound quality. I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cousin love it, June 29 2012
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
I've bought this for my cousin, and she really loved it ! She told me the sound is great and earphone are confortable Fast shipping and great quality. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for the price., Oct. 28 2012
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
Overall I have put in about 20 hours with these headphones and they have been quite impressive (so far) for the price. Good quality, sturdy build, and quite comfortable.

Some people mentioned about the hard plastic putting pressure on the top of your head, but for me after a few minutes I don't even notice they are there. The ear pads are quite comfortable. My only worry is that they are white and over time will discolor, but it won't affect the functionality of them so its not a big deal. I probably wouldn't go jogging with them, but lounging around the house and for travelling they work perfectly.

They provide clear music that seems quite responsive throughout the entire frequency range. I typically use them to listen to music and movies on my laptop or my iPhone. They get pretty loud when connected to sources like my stereo receiver and computer. Connected to my iPhone they can be driven to almost full volume with little to no distortion, but they are definitely not as loud compared to when they are connected to other sources/amps.

I will be building a cMoy headphone amplifier to be used in conjunction with my iPhone that should improve volume and sound quality.

In stores these were priced at $35-40 dollars and I picked them up for $20 with shipping. So excellent value here!

Overall I think they are a great buy for the money. I will be investing in a higher quality set of headphones in the future, but I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, Oct. 26 2013
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
Pros: Great quality, good results, amazing price
Cons: none

Don't expect these headphones to work like $200 dollar headphones. It's funny how some people are comparing these headphones to high end headphones. They are amazing for the price they are sold at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for the price, Jan. 22 2015
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
Great headphones for the price. I work in an old school classroom made into one big office. I have 16 others in my space and it drowns their noise out quite nicely. Not 100% drowns them out, but works great all the same. A great purchase for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound is great!, Sept. 15 2014
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
The sound is great and it fits my head perfectly. Really good for the price! Very happy with my purchase.
Le son est très bon, les écouteurs s'ajustent parfaitement à ma tête. C'est un très on achat pour le prix et j'en suis très satisfaite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality!, May 14 2014
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
I am a bit cheap when it comes to earphones so I did not want to pay much, but wanted great quality anyway. These headphones really are of great quality. I use them mainly at home to watch TV shows and movies on my Macbook Pro. Also, these helped me when I needed to block all noise (since I live in a University dorm, there are a few annoying residents that enjoy being loud). My head doesn't hurt after a long time as some reviewer mentioned but then again, it might be because of my smaller head. Bottom line, you can't go wrong with these headphones: the price is cheap, but it doesn't look so and the quality is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price!!!!, April 11 2014
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
I just received my new headphones and it looks pretty good. I'm not used to know about quality of headphones but they seem pretty nice. They are confortable and just need to take them off 2 minutes after a hour of use (I guess nobody can stay 2-3 hours confortable with any kind of headphones). I would have like to be able to increased the volume from the headphones monitor. I don't know about their resistance to accident cause it's new. It covers noise coming from other people in the office. I didn't try them at the gym yet. I think it is a good choice for people how wants a beautiful product for a cheap price.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, May 16 2014
Luc Schoeters (Laval, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones (Electronics)
for the price, this is a good pair of headphones. the sound is well balanced with not too hard bass and highs that don,t make the wax come out of your ears. when i want very loud music , i put my earplugs but for casual listening this is better.
they fit well and are not too bulky. i love the cable that you don,t have to fight with to untangle every time. only negative side i found was that it is not very sound proof from the surrounding noise around you. of course you can get Bose headphones for that at 400.00 if you really want that.
Overall it's worth more than the price i paid.

Sony MDRZX100/WHI Outdoor Headphones