Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Color: WhitePackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 6, 2012
I was on a budget and needed to replace a pair of headphones while I was overseas and after reading some positive reviews I decided to give the Sony MDR ZX100 a chance. Plus I liked the simple, stylish look they have and I find that headphones look very good in white and seem solid. So far I'm surprised, the sound is clear and good and they provide adequate sound isolation so that when I listen to music with those headphones on, I'm in my own little world. When I got outside or in the streets, surrounded by loud noises the isolation is not too fantastic. The cushions are comfortable and unless I leave them on for hours, they fit well, aren't heavy and don't hurt like some tend to. They're on the light side and in general they feel good and are adjustable to accommodate just about anyone. I like the red line that indicates the right ear it's a neat little way of knowing what side to put them on without having to look for the L or R letters. A little detail but a plus in my book. They store well, the ear parts are moveable and can be move to the side for easy storage. The bass sound is something many headphones struggle with, even some the high end ones. This model is no exception but it's not the worst I heard, I can distinguish bass unlike some of my other headphones where the bass is nonexistent.

Let's be realistic, those are cheap headphones and they aren't perfect and won't provide the best sound (for some reason most of the headphones I own have problem with the bass sound) but for this price you do however get a very good product. In fact, they're just as good and in some cases better than some of the more expensive headphones I have owned in the past. As a whole I like what I'm hearing from these and for the price I wasn't expecting much but they're surprisingly good. Unless you're an expert in headphones (if you are an expert or typically go for higher-end ones, you won't be impressed by these) I think you could do worse than give these a try, especially if money is tight. Otherwise, if you're not on budget then you should definitely go for a higher quality product. All in all, as far as cheap headphones go, these are very good for less than $20. 4/5 stars.
on September 17, 2012
Seriously, for its price. You get much more out of these headphones. They are not noise canceling, but they sound good and has a good base for basic headphones. Those over-ear headphones feel a bit uncomfortable after 1 hour straight of use, but is easily fixed by just taking them out for 20 seconds. They are really good for someone who is looking for cheap, and affordable good sound quality. I recommend this product.
on July 25, 2014
"Sony MDR-ZX100 Studio Monitor Stereo Headphones" sold by Sony

I own the "Sony MDR-ZX100 Studio Monitor Stereo Headphones" for about 2 weeks now, and as of now I really like the headphones, the headphones feels great on your ears; this is due to the premium feel of the cushions. These headphones got me 2-3 hours of listening hours, without having my ears feel sore, this is not so great if your looking to get more than 3 hours of listening time. The real fear I had when purchasing these headphones were the wires; the wires on most headphones are cheap, and thin causing it to pull apart easily, luckily the wires on these Sony headphones are not so cheap, they are more thicker than the average $20 headphones, in fact I believe that with great care this headphone can last you anywhere from a year or two... if used with care!. If your looking for a great headphone but low costing price, then this is the headphone for you, if your just looking for a great headphone and not too concern for the price then I say check something else out like "Beats by dr.dre".

- Feels great for it's price
- Thicker wire than most headphones for it's price
- Can be used for a long time if taken with care

- If your hoping your ears wont sore out for a few hours than you won't be too happy. Ears will sore out after the 2-3 hour time.
on October 28, 2012
Overall I have put in about 20 hours with these headphones and they have been quite impressive (so far) for the price. Good quality, sturdy build, and quite comfortable.

Some people mentioned about the hard plastic putting pressure on the top of your head, but for me after a few minutes I don't even notice they are there. The ear pads are quite comfortable. My only worry is that they are white and over time will discolor, but it won't affect the functionality of them so its not a big deal. I probably wouldn't go jogging with them, but lounging around the house and for travelling they work perfectly.

They provide clear music that seems quite responsive throughout the entire frequency range. I typically use them to listen to music and movies on my laptop or my iPhone. They get pretty loud when connected to sources like my stereo receiver and computer. Connected to my iPhone they can be driven to almost full volume with little to no distortion, but they are definitely not as loud compared to when they are connected to other sources/amps.

I will be building a cMoy headphone amplifier to be used in conjunction with my iPhone that should improve volume and sound quality.

In stores these were priced at $35-40 dollars and I picked them up for $20 with shipping. So excellent value here!

Overall I think they are a great buy for the money. I will be investing in a higher quality set of headphones in the future, but I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to a friend.
on September 15, 2014
The sound is great and it fits my head perfectly. Really good for the price! Very happy with my purchase.
Le son est très bon, les écouteurs s'ajustent parfaitement à ma tête. C'est un très on achat pour le prix et j'en suis très satisfaite!
on February 15, 2014
The transistor radio does not have a stereo output to headphones, only a mono output to a single "earphone" (i.e. the cheap plastic kind that we used to use back in the "old days"). That explains why your dad is only getting sound out of one side. The problem is not with the headphones. Perhaps you can find a mono-to-stereo mini-jack adapter.

By the way, bought two pairs of these headphones to use for travel. They sound great for the money. Very well balanced across the audio spectrum. Reasonably durable and comfortable as well. I would recommend them to anyone looking for decent sound on the cheap.
on May 16, 2014
for the price, this is a good pair of headphones. the sound is well balanced with not too hard bass and highs that don,t make the wax come out of your ears. when i want very loud music , i put my earplugs but for casual listening this is better.
they fit well and are not too bulky. i love the cable that you don,t have to fight with to untangle every time. only negative side i found was that it is not very sound proof from the surrounding noise around you. of course you can get Bose headphones for that at 400.00 if you really want that.
Overall it's worth more than the price i paid.
on February 20, 2014
Bought this for a cheap pair of ear phones I could use at work.

I wanted something over the ear but not too large. Sound quality needed to be ok but nothing spectacular.

These ear phones fit the bill perfectly. The sound quality is very good, they are comfortable for long periods of time, not to heavy, and I highly recommend them as a low end ear phone.

Only con would be they can be bit hot on the ears after a while, but certainly something I can live with.
on December 14, 2012
my husband love these. he uses them on the computer to watch movies and listen to music, he said he loves the bass it gives out.
on September 25, 2013
These headphones are very good for the price. they have held up very well for me. but if you are looking for dr. dre, don't get these. these have a very open feel, like everyone in the room can hear it, and the beat isn't very well at all. and when you take them off, your ears hurt a lot. but the price is honestly very good for these headphones! i recommend them to someone who wants a good pair that isn't 200$