5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air for the current music scene
Published on March 24 2012 by JimG

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
Published on July 7 2011 by Willi Zaback

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air for the current music scene, March 24 2012
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
I can't say enough good things about this album. I've seen/heard albums go sideways and lose focus when there is a wealth of talent involved in the project. This is not the case with this album. It would have been very easy to sit back and ride the wave of talent and have the songwriting be secondary. This album takes another approach entirely. The songs are well crafted, the musicians let the songs breath yet still excite with every note. This album just feels right. Susan's vocal phrasing and the taste/soul that she sings with is so refreshing. Derek is a truly gifted musician and demands your undivided attention with his playing (don't miss a note). I won't break down the individual songs as there is no filler here. It's all good. Listen for yourself, you won't be disappointed. Great band, that made a great record. This is what music should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, all the way through, Oct. 13 2011
Jeremy Giesbrecht "wurli fan" (Toronto Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
I'm reviewing this in response to the handful of negative reviewers to this album.
While I cannot change someone's feelings of being bored or flat, I can say that there's a lot to this band and recording to keep you interested if you have got any soul. The keyboards are great. Lots of clavinet, and organ, great sounding wurlitzer piano. Some slower grooves and gospel tinged tunes. Some jam out tunes where Dereks' slide guitar really rips it up in the outros. Susan's voice carries a lot of weight and energy. The horns are a voice in themselves, not a lot of soloing - but great inventive horn arranging on some of the tunes. Very clever and most of all..... fun. Haven't taken it out of rotation since I picked it up. Don't let the 1 star grouchers stop you from picking this up. If you like good music you'll like this album all the way through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Music, March 28 2013
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
This is a good CD. The songs are solid and the guitar work is some of the best. Susan is one of those singers that I'm not that into, but that's just me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A full 5 stars!, June 9 2011
Daryl Rooney (Tofield, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
This is a high water mark for both Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi. I've heard this husband and wife team play together before, so I had an idea how it might sound. That's why I was looking forward to this release. It doesn't disappoint, in fact it's better than I had hoped! Derek Trucks is such a fine slide guitarist and Susan Tedeschi has never sung better than on this disc. The band cook up a batch of blues, gospel, soul and rock that just flows for the 60+ minutes. There's not a bad cut on the disc. Tracks 1, 2, 3, 6 & 11 are simply outstanding. Please do yourself a favor and pick up this music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Best thing to happen since the Allman Brothers!, Aug. 4 2011
RIGGER1 (CALGARY, ALBERTA.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
It takes a lot of reasons to give an album 5 stars, this album has so many reasons I would give it a 6 if I could! The band is phenomenal, it reminds me of a modern Allman Brothers but with a soulful/ beautiful woman's touch (compliments of Susan Tedeschi's incredible vocals). In terms of musicianship you won't find any better, right across the band, any of these musicians could easily carry their own album. Listening to them all together makes me realize that I just got spoiled rotten, and you will too! This large band puts out a big sound, what a jam!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great Album, Oct. 5 2011
K Greenwood (Victoria B.C, Canada.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
heard these guys on an interview with CBC Radio - they played one track from this album and I was hooked. Great voice, great guitar playingh, great band.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, July 7 2011
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
I was really excited about this album because of the fantastic band she put together for it, but when I listened to it, all I heard was Susan Tedeschi. The band and all those excellent musicians were never featured, they just droned on in the background while Susan's voice was recorded too loudly overtop. Every song sounds the same with not much variety. Very discouraging purchase, don't bother with it... it's boring!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, Sept. 26 2011
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
I was really expecting a lot from this CD, given the musicians' fabulous talents and kick-*** previous work. But I found the CD is VERY disappointing. It was flat, lukewarm and boring. After having initially listened to the CD twice, I haven't listened to it again. Although I'd give them another chance if they made a second CD (they are great artists after all), I'd have to hear their next CD online or somewhere else before buying - don't want to waste my money again.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is agonizing, Oct. 1 2011
This review is from: Revelator (Audio CD)
A whole lotta howling going on, she sounds like she is in agony.

Did this bunch of people play together before they recoded?

The beat is boring, plodding, pretentious.

ARRAY(0xb00bdec4)

Revelator
Revelator by Tedeschi Trucks Band (Audio CD - 2011)