5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 review of Skyrim and how to fix the lag issues...
Well, I have played 130 hours so far, still 1 character, I have not progressed even 1/3 way through the main storyline and there is still a HUGE amount of side aspects to explore. I am saying this game is the ABSOLUTE greatest RPG game ever made..but some issues:

The lag does get so bad that it slows things to a crawls sometimes.
It crashes on...
Published on Dec 16 2011 by Y. Huppe

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken on PS3
*REVISED EDIT* Patch 1.03 will not fix the game, it has just been announced. The 1.04 patch won't be out until 2012. Read this article from IGN [...] for more input if you don't believe me. Buy on any other system.

*EDIT* Patch 1.02 is even more broken than Patch 1.01, and Patch 1.03 is due out the week of December 5th. 3 patches in less than a month. There are...
Published on Nov. 23 2011 by A. Plouffe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 review of Skyrim and how to fix the lag issues..., Dec 16 2011
Y. Huppe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)

The lag does get so bad that it slows things to a crawls sometimes.
It crashes on auto-saves..so far 12 crashes (and I do think this is affecting my PS3 console since it now crashes on other games where it did not before)

The fun is endless, the quests and awards are unlimited...but to fix the above issues this is what you do:
(I have tested this over the last 23 hours of playing with a 100% success rate...so this does work)

Go into the settings, and un-check the auto-save features (3). You will need to start saving on your own more often of course, I even went back and checked the save on rest without any problems..so great, not only does it no longer crash at all...but the lag is ALL GONE...when I enter rooms or change environments (the usual loading points), it takes between 3-8 seconds only instead of 1 minute each time...so going store to store is a breeze.

My save game is 14mb, so very large...you can lower this by waiting for a total of 30 days (in a row), this will clear the entire game of dead corpses and re-spawn enemies that should be re-spawned. This will significantly lower the save size but I have not needed to do this since I no longer have any issues...

We'll see what future patches will resolve, and yes there are issues (quests being unable to be completed, quest items not leaving your inventory etc...but these are all superficial).

Hope this helps :-)

UPDATE Jan 6 2012
- Now have played over 200 hours, had 3 crashes only since I applied my tricks, still better than crashing every time I play. You get used to saving on your own, and this overall makes the game play much faster as well

4.0 out of 5 stars One Problem: PS3 Version Bugs a Little..., Dec 26 2011
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
This game is AMAZING! I totally love it! ...But, like Oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) it does have some bugs that cause the character to fall through mountains or get stuck in house walls.

Don't let this dissuade you! Oblivion was AWESOME despite the kinks! Skyrim is 100x better (I never thought I'd actually say that about a video game)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, March 1 2014
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
It's a great game. A few confusing parts, but that's what Google is for (addressing glitches, etc). I'm only about 20 hours in, and I'm glad to hear there's lots more to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time playing this type of game. . . HOOKED!, Dec 30 2013
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
I was blown away playing Skyrim. I have never played this type of game before other than Diablo.. but normally its not my thing.

I havent owned it for that long.. but I have banked a lot of hours of gameplay.

I do have to say being new, I did have to go to the internet for a few things to help. One of those being choosing my character and a few walkthroughs.

The map is very impressive and fun to travel around. The quests are unreal.. a lot of side quests and quite a few main.

The main point of Skyrim.. to my understanding of playing is to take down a certain dragons that's resurrecting the other ones. You alone, being the 'dragonborn' have the power to stop it, but of course first off you need to learn of your power which you only receive after you kill your first dragon in a quest.

Overall, I would recommend this game.. I already have.

4.0 out of 5 stars RPG lovers dream, Dec 29 2013
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
There are so many different things that you can do in this game. Takes soooooooooo much time to try and beat this game and once you think your done BAM theres more to do. Absolutely loved this game and still havent beaten it. Only thing that sucks is the loading times. Its a huge game so that is expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, May 11 2013
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
I owned the game before I bought off Amazon. I knew the game was fun so that's why I ordered. Definitely five stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Skyrim rocks!, April 10 2013
P. Wilson (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
Awesome game...hours of great play. Kick butt graphics. Only complaint is the glitches that they have not worked out yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting, April 1 2013
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
This game has hundreds of quests and routes to take. The story line will hook you. Also if you enjoy open world's this is a great game for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars One star taken away for the bugs, Jan. 26 2013
M. Fournier (Petit-Rocher, NB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
This would be the perfect game is it weren't for the bugs. Fortunately you get used to them after a while. The game itself is as entertaining as any game I've ever played, and with a lot more customization options for your character (both pre and during the game). This could almost be called Sim-Skyrim.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazaing Game, Jan. 7 2013
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)
Game is amazing and very interactive...I would have given the game a full 5 star rating however the game does freeze up forcing a complete reboot of my PS3. Other then that all is good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xab921198)

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 20.26