Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Platform for Display: PlayStation 3Edition: StandardChange
Price:$24.99+ $4.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on December 16, 2011
Well, I have played 130 hours so far, still 1 character, I have not progressed even 1/3 way through the main storyline and there is still a HUGE amount of side aspects to explore. I am saying this game is the ABSOLUTE greatest RPG game ever made..but some issues:

The lag does get so bad that it slows things to a crawls sometimes.
It crashes on far 12 crashes (and I do think this is affecting my PS3 console since it now crashes on other games where it did not before)

The fun is endless, the quests and awards are unlimited...but to fix the above issues this is what you do:
(I have tested this over the last 23 hours of playing with a 100% success this does work)

Go into the settings, and un-check the auto-save features (3). You will need to start saving on your own more often of course, I even went back and checked the save on rest without any great, not only does it no longer crash at all...but the lag is ALL GONE...when I enter rooms or change environments (the usual loading points), it takes between 3-8 seconds only instead of 1 minute each going store to store is a breeze.

My save game is 14mb, so very can lower this by waiting for a total of 30 days (in a row), this will clear the entire game of dead corpses and re-spawn enemies that should be re-spawned. This will significantly lower the save size but I have not needed to do this since I no longer have any issues...

We'll see what future patches will resolve, and yes there are issues (quests being unable to be completed, quest items not leaving your inventory etc...but these are all superficial).

Hope this helps :-)

UPDATE Jan 6 2012
- Now have played over 200 hours, had 3 crashes only since I applied my tricks, still better than crashing every time I play. You get used to saving on your own, and this overall makes the game play much faster as well
on December 30, 2013
I was blown away playing Skyrim. I have never played this type of game before other than Diablo.. but normally its not my thing.

I havent owned it for that long.. but I have banked a lot of hours of gameplay.

I do have to say being new, I did have to go to the internet for a few things to help. One of those being choosing my character and a few walkthroughs.

The map is very impressive and fun to travel around. The quests are unreal.. a lot of side quests and quite a few main.

The main point of Skyrim.. to my understanding of playing is to take down a certain dragons that's resurrecting the other ones. You alone, being the 'dragonborn' have the power to stop it, but of course first off you need to learn of your power which you only receive after you kill your first dragon in a quest.

Overall, I would recommend this game.. I already have.
on October 18, 2012
Great game. Many and many hours of fun and quests to complete. Many ways to customize your character and many areas/dungeons to explore. The music is decent and very entertaining. The lag issue is no longer present if you turn all the auto-save features off and learn to save on your own more often. Yes, there is bugs and some quests can't be completed yet but that comes with almost every great game that Bethesda released. This game is so great that you also have to play it with a grain of salt because you will easily become addicted to it and everything else in your life will cease to exist. So enjoy it but play with care!
on April 15, 2012
The whole game is just awesome and very addictive with hours of quests and lots of content, too much to list it all.
My favourite side activity is smiting. You can craft you own weapons and armour and enchant them with special powers.

The graphics are great but not as good as on the PC version and the 3D map is a little bit hard to read.
The only other downsides are loading times between instances (inside areas) and the outside and the soundtrack seems a little bit over used. Some of the tracks where used in the past two games.

But even with these downsides I'd give the game a 10 out of 10.
on June 27, 2014
Received the game quickly from Dead Beat within a week. I love the game play for this game if ya like the dungeons and dragons type. Tips playing, free up memory as the game will freeze if you do not so if game seems in good shape, don't blame the game, you can save anytime so do this lots aka anytime you get a chance as autosave is not always on your side, you can fast travel, get married yes I said get married:), also speed up time by pushing select and choosing the amount of time you wish to pass by in case a shop is closed to sell items, again this game is worth playing two thumbs up.
on March 1, 2014
It's a great game. A few confusing parts, but that's what Google is for (addressing glitches, etc). I'm only about 20 hours in, and I'm glad to hear there's lots more to go.
on April 1, 2013
This game has hundreds of quests and routes to take. The story line will hook you. Also if you enjoy open world's this is a great game for that.
on October 24, 2014
this came in about a week and a half later then i had expected it would but nonetheless it wasn't broken and works great
on July 11, 2014
A really fun and awesome game you'll never finish and never predict. Really awesome and personally I really enjoy it.
on May 11, 2013
I owned the game before I bought off Amazon. I knew the game was fun so that's why I ordered. Definitely five stars!