4.0 out of 5 stars Good item BUT: there is NO remote!
Acoustic Research ARS20i App-Enhanced Docking System for iPod, iPhone and iPad

Great product. Fully lives up to my expectations. Wonderful sound.
A little disappointed that Amazon said it comes with a remote - it doesn't - nothing in the AR literature says that it does! However, this was not a deal-breaker for me.
Also the AR app that is suggested...
Published 20 months ago by James Hay

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I was expecting
Published 20 months ago by gypsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I was expecting, Nov. 20 2012
This review is from: Acoustic Research ARS20i App-Enhanced Docking System for iPod, iPhone and iPad (Electronics)
I received this and followed the instruction. The sound quality is ok and the set up is ok. The biggest issue I have is with the LCD. It is not visible during the night because the read out is on an angle. So in the middle of the night, when I wake up, to check the time I actually have to sit up in bed to read the time because you can not read it from a lying position. Think I might return it and get something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item BUT: there is NO remote!, Nov. 18 2012
James Hay (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Acoustic Research ARS20i App-Enhanced Docking System for iPod, iPhone and iPad

Great product. Fully lives up to my expectations. Wonderful sound.
Also the AR app that is suggested really sucks - it constantly crashes when entering new parameters. This happens with both my i-pad and i-phone >> so it is a software problem for sure.
Despite those two 'glitches' I am quite satisfied with the product.
Good value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, April 20 2013
I got this when it was on sale, and I'm quite happy with it. It's loud enough and I love that it charges my ipod. My biggest issue with it is compatibility. There is an app you can download to help sync your ipod with the player, but it constantly crashes.. so it's completely unusable. The clock/alarm settings are also very difficult to use. If you're looking for an alarm clock, I don't recommend this one. I was simply looking for a decently priced docking station that charged while it played, so it met all of my expectations.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, July 10 2012
The positive is that the sound is excellent, and it looks sleek.

The ipad/ipod connection is already broken after less than 6 months of very occasional (once a week) use.
The alarm is very poorly designed. Setting the alarm is not intuitive and poorly described in the manual. Once set, the alarm inexplicably does not go off on some days. Once set, it is also very hard to turn off. Again, instructions in the manual are vague. If you plug in the ipad it automatically changes the alarm source to the ipad from the radio, and then when you take the ipad out it substitutes the alarm instead of the radio. Very annoying.

The ipad app that they promote is lame and does nothing.

Not ready for prime time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Jan. 29 2012
Great product, excellent sound and works well with my iPod, iPad and iPhone. The only downfall is I wish it had a remote!! Other then that I love the product and use it on a daily basis!