5.0 out of 5 stars Can I give it 6 stars?
What can be said about this spectacular saga that hasn't been said before? One of the very
few series that competes with the best films in history for achievement in cinematic storytelling.
Like a great novel slowly unfolding, it's funny, heartbreaking, incredibly tense, deeply disturbing,
full of brilliant plot twists, rich, compelling characters and a...
Published 19 months ago by K. Gordon

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing...
I was very much looking forward to the third season as I found the first two so entertaining. Unfortunately, the third season starts out slow, with the focus being on Walt's marital problems. The suspense picks up to previous levels in episodes 11-13, leaving me feeling like I just watched a truncated season.
Published on July 7 2011 by Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I give it 6 stars?, Nov. 21 2013
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
full of brilliant plot twists, rich, compelling characters and a pitch-black sense of humor.

A nebbishy high-school science teacher finds he has lung cancer, so becomes a meth dealer to
make money for his family before his death. Often visually stunning, with a breathtaking
performance by Brian Cranston in the lead, and great work from all the supporting roles,
this portrait of a man's decent into hell couldn't be much better, and it just grows darker and
more disturbing each year.

In a way, thematically it recalls "The Godfather I and II" in how that epic charts Michael's journey
from innocence to darkness, along with the moral murkiness of the endless drive for money
and success - how we lose ourselves, so that succeeding and having ever more becomes an
end in itself for which we will pay any price, rather than a route to happiness, trapping us in a
game we can never win.

This third season the story kicks into even higher gear. Every time there's a moment's
peace, a new crisis come crashing in to raise the stakes yet again. This is powerful, i
mportant and utterly enthralling stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking GOOD, July 11 2011
Mac (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I don't have the time (or a PVR) to catch this show when it airs on regular cable, so I tend to buy the series a season at a time. It helps me to immerse myself in the show, by watching all the episodes, "marathon style". The writing in season three was very tight, and the character development was well paced and executed. The subject matter lends itself to numerous twists and turns, and the show is maturing nicely. Walt remains Walt, despite decisions he is making that take him further into the world of meth cooking, and the deeper ties (and consequences) he forms with his boss. Season three wraps up very nicely with a cliffhanger that hinges upon Jesse's ability to take care of business, after Walt strategically positions himself to avoid dire consequences. The lawyer, the P.I., brother in law Hank and Walt's wife all share decent screen time and add to the tension and balance in Walt's life. His son is still in the dark, but his wife has moved further into the picture as she negotiates her way into Walt's criminal life, despite their married/divorced status still being undecided. Looking forward to season four.
Well worth picking up and watching all three seasons of Breaking Bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Show on TV, July 17 2011
There are really no faults with the show. The acting and writing are solid. The scenery is breathtaking. It's realistic and it's incredibly addictive.

This set is worth the purchase. It has all 13 episodes, a few of which are uncensored. There are cast commentaries, though I would have preferred commentaries like they had in the second season where it was the full cast together. Here it's a few cast members in one and then some in another commentary. There is a gag reel, there are quite a few behind the scenes features and a few episode podcasts where cast and crew members discuss the episode in detail.

If you are a fan of the show, it's a must have set.

I'm excited about what the future holds for this show and its characters!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows ever made., Sept. 20 2011
This review is from: Breaking Bad: The Complete Third Season [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
Every season gets better and better. I can now see why this series wins so many awards. Bryan Cranston is AWESOME. I can't wait to start S4.

5.0 out of 5 stars silent but deadly, June 20 2014
Brian Maitland (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
After being mainly disappointed by Season Two until the final three episodes, it's good to see the writers really cranked it up for Season Three. I still don't really care much about the family scenes but the introduction of the two Mexican cartel silent brother assassins really turns this season totally badass. They steal the entire first half of the season right from the first scene in Episode One.

Also, the lawyer Saul has toned down the annoying aspects of his character and become riveting to watch. Then there's way more drug trade action and interaction as we get more Gus (the Los Pollos Hermanos ad that begins one episode is beyond classic) and a whole new drug lab that is a font of cinematic wonder.

The DVD set is worth picking up because each of the four discs have excellent extras. From mini video podcasts on most episodes with cast and crew giving us insider info to the breakdown of stunt videos to introducing us to the Honduran immigrant brothers who play the assassins sent to avenge Tuco's death in Season Two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad - Season 3, Jan. 31 2014
I have watched this show from day 1 and been hooked - I knew about it before it won all the awards and became the latest buzz. I love the blend of evil versus good in this show. Watching Walt devolve into a drug kingpin is fascinating yet you never really feel antipathy for him. The show is incredibly well written and the choice of actors in the cast was brilliant. The price is way better than retail and the shipping was fast and easy. Great Value - great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better., Sept. 6 2011
John Lane (Vernon, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Walter and Jesse continue the madness. The tension never lets up. The acting is superb. Both major and minor players. A great series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the series, March 10 2013
I think you have to be a bit odd to like this series and I am definitely hooked on it. Wonderful acting by all the characters. Very clever story line. . . The lead guy is at one moment likeable and the next is extremely nasty. With each episode the nice bits get eaten away.

Definitely worth watching but you've got to start with season one or none of it will make sense

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is..., Feb. 23 2013
Luc Durocher (Québec) - See all my reviews
More of that great series, who continue to evolve and surprise us. It is what television should always be: intense, very good storytelling, amusing. The acting as usual is superb. Really, if you haven't watch Breaking Bad yet, you should put it high on your list of must watch. It is really great television!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Ever, Dec 25 2013
We did a three week marathon four the first four seasons and wanted MORE! We are saving the last season until we can watch it in one or two days. A most excellent series and we recommend it to everyone. Many interesting discussions resulted from our watching this show.

Breaking Bad: The Complete Third Season [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 30.99 CDN$ 19.88