5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Wedding Prince William and Cate Middleton
My wife had originally had recorded and saved the wedding on our PVR but somehow it got deleted. The video clarity and sound specifically music is much better on the DVD than on the original TV taped version
Published 21 months ago by Philip Hartog

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment!
Published on May 25 2011 by Royal Watcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Wedding Prince William and Cate Middleton, Jan. 18 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: The Royal Wedding of HRH Prince William and Catherine Middleton (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment!, May 25 2011
This DVD of the Royal Wedding is a colossal disappointment. The resolution is quite poor, even by the standard definition of the DVD medium. How could anyone be so stupid as to speak over the music? Yet this is what the announcer repeatedly does, imparting information which could easily have been placed on screen in a subtitle, or in a booklet, had one been included. I would have cheerfully paid four times the price for a well produced Bluray version with a booklet: a release worthy of the great event it commemorates. As it is, if you recorded the live broadcast, you will undoubtedly already possess a better version than this DVD offered by the BBC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !!!!, July 20 2013
Navdeep (Brampton, Canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is my first time witnessing a royal wedding and I must admit that it was very interesting. Prince William and Catherine looked amazing. It was the best wedding I have ever seen in my life. God bless you both

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, June 30 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I purchased several copies for my granddaughters for keepsakes. This is history happening when they are little girls. Kate will be their Queen.

5.0 out of 5 stars The royal wedding of HRH Prince Willima & Catherine Middleton, April 23 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Beautiful wedding. need I say more? I loved it.
I collect Royal Family 'anything' so this is part of my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-one, July 8 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
A beautifully done show by thr BBC. I am not a great fan of all the hype and noise made about this occasion but this DVD is a very good example of proper programming and filming. The narration keeps to a very sensible level and the music of the ceremony itself is beautiful.

A separate 50 minute show on their lives emcompasses everything about them which I find time wasting but one can watch that or not as one wishes.

The actual film of the event itself is super.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well done review, June 16 2011
The DVD was very well done and the quality of the digital film was truly impressive, but the sound was even better.
I suspect that it had HD and the sound quality of a Blue Ray disk.
They covered the wedding very well and the follow up commentary was interesting. We felt that the DVD filled in areas that we had missed during the live broadcast and made the event that much more enjoyable for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal History, June 5 2011
I was delighted with this DVD. I stayed awake as faithfully as I could for the real televising. The quality of the broadcasting was no where near as good as this. Counter to ONE glass half empty review, the service & hymns during the service are not interrupted, at all ! The colour and detail is much better than the tele. There are camera angle scenes that the North American broadcasts didn't have. The British point of view, in every camera angle, and delightfully so. After all, this is British history at it's finest. The Pageantry of the carriages are much better covered. I am very glad I got this, even after the night and the following evening of the original broadcast. ( I would have liked the Aston car trip and the next day photo/footage of the couple, added, but I am sure they are yet to come )

5.0 out of 5 stars The Royal Wedding, May 31 2011
Great souvenir of the wedding that had us all glued to our TVs, IPADs etc. Love the extra tidbits! Proud to be a Brit!

The Royal Wedding of HRH Prince William and Catherine Middleton