5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie
One of my favorite movie! I love it!!!! Really fun! I like the Adam Sandler movies because a lot of humor in it.
Published 14 months ago by Anita Legradi

3.0 out of 5 stars Another so-so Happy Madison production
Just Go With It, Adam Sandler's latest juvenile romp, finds the mega-star in familiar territory. Once again he is trying to win the affections of a young blonde co-star, the gimmick this time being that everything he's told her is based on a little white lie.

Published on June 14 2011 by LeBrain

3.0 out of 5 stars Another so-so Happy Madison production, June 14 2011
LeBrain - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Sandler is Sandler -- no better nor worse than anything else he's been in lately. Surprisingly funny was Jennifer Aniston, the type I usually yawn at. Here she managed to snag a lot of the snarkiest lines and did just fine with them. New on the scene is Brooklyn Decker, pure eye candy who has absolutely no acting skills, or comedy chops, whatsoever.

The story is nothing new so I won't bore you with details. It's based on an old story called Cactus Flower, and I am told that there was an old Egyptian film with the same plot as well. However, bottom line is this: Sandler's a nice guy who's been burned at the alter before, but has found that his old wedding ring is the perfect aphrodesiac for young single women. After meeting school teacher Palmer (Decker) he's smitten, but already knee deep in a web of lies regarding the ring. Into his web he draws Aniston, her kids, and his cousin Eddie who all play along for their own reasons.

First of all, the plot is completely unbelievable. Everything happens so fast that there is no way that you believe that the young beautiful Palmer could possibly be in love with this guy already. And the same goes for Sandler. After bedding every young women hither and yon, there's no believable rationale given for why Palmer seems like the one for him. And then everything changes by the ending, which also feels completely unbelievable after everything we've been through.

However, put those thoughts aside. You'll never get through the movie asking questions like that!

Bottom line, is it funny?

Like most Sandler movies, it's funny more often than not. Yeah, it has its dumb moments. (I couldn't get past that prosthetic nose in the opening.) But it also has a decent heart, a couple cute kids, and enough of a good performance from Sandler and Aniston to save the film. There were also some entertaining cameos from friends such as Nicole Kidman, Dave Matthews (yeah...the Dave Matthews!) and Allen Covert among others. All in all, it's a funny movie. Just not a funny movie with a believable plot.

Since the movie mostly takes place in Hawaii, there's plenty of beautiful scenery (and I'm not talking about Brooklyn Decker) that looks great in 1080p. The blu-ray has bonus features a-plenty including one on Decker and the ususual assorted deleted scenes.

It's not a bad movie, I mean...it made me laugh. It also turned my brain into swiss cheese, but there's a niche for movies like this to exist. It could have been written better. But, it is what it is. If you like Sandler's usual forays into romantic comedy, such as The Wedding Singer, or 50 First Dates, then try Just Go With It. It is definitely the weakest of the three films, but maybe you'll like it.

2.5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, Jan. 27 2014
Hilarious! Great cast and great humour throughout the movie. Never got boring or too predictable! Watched it on Netflix and decided to buy it I liked it so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie, Aug. 27 2013
Anita Legradi "anita06.08" (Toronto, Ontario, CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Go With It / Mêchant menteur (Bilingual) (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, Feb. 27 2013
Bob Monteith - See all my reviews
We have enjoyed watching this movie. Both main actors do a good job here as usuall and it was fun to watch

5.0 out of 5 stars (I love this movie - any time I want to get ..., Oct. 6 2014
This review is from: Just Go With It / Mêchant menteur (Bilingual) (DVD)
Thanks - exactly what I hoped for. (I love this movie - any time I want to get a good Hawaii fix, I watch it!)

Just Go With It / Mêchant menteur (Bilingual)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 4.88