Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 22, 2012
I've never used an epilator before, so, when it came, I looked at it for a couple of days before trying it out. I don't have a lot of body hair, and what there is is light and fine - except from my knees to my ankles where the hair is coarse, thick and black. I thought this was going to hurt a lot. It didn't. I did take the advice of one lady on youtube who said to put a towel down under my leg as the epilated hair falls everywhere. I did; it did, in an amazing amount. Cleaning the epilator was fast and easy. Changing the heads is easy. Recharging is quick and easy. And, it's not candy pink or lurid green or violent violet, it's white, with sparkles. I like plain white or black appliances, and like this colour combo. It's quiet looking even if it's not that quiet. It's a lot quieter than the other half's beard trimmer, but it's an appliance and sounds like one, very much like an electric shaver.

I bought this as I'm sick of shaving every day; I could shave twice a day to keep absolutely smooth. Love that I have no hair for once. I've waxed and hated it as I had to grow the hair long enough to catch in the wax/cloth. Waxing, even professionally done, left me with a blood spot where every little hair was removed and with almost every hair growing in as an ingrown hair, and it hurt more than this epilator. I also used this under my arms and was overjoyed to find it didn't hurt as much as doing my legs. I'd expected it to be horrible, but it wasn't.

I love this little machine! One thing I would have liked is a cap to cover the tweezer heads when it's not in use as a precaution against possible damage. It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd feel better knowing they were protected.
on September 26, 2012
I've epilated before and it is my main form of hair removal. I don't find it painful at all and would equate it to a prickling sensation when the hairs are plucked out. Previously I've used an Emjoi Gently Gold Caress (my favorite and the best until it's passing), a Remington (would not recommend), and most recently an Emjoi Optima (would not recommend). I was on the lookout for a new epilator, because I had enough of my current Emjoi Optima which cuts off too many hairs. I read some raves about this epilator so I decided to make the switch. I only used it with the EfficiencyPro Cap or without any cap at all to maximize hair removal. Did not try it wet.

- noise:
The most quiet epilator I've used so far.
- maneuverability:
I find it navigates the bony areas of my knees the best of all the epilators I've used.
- Smartlight:
Useful for low or less than natural light conditions. Unsure of how long the light will last though.
- design:
It has this pretty sparkling overlay that I like. It also fits into my hand comfortably, is comfortable to hold, and super easy and smooth to remove and attach the different caps. This epilator is the best in terms of design.
- pulls hair out by the roots:
In comparison to the Emjoi Optima, which tends to cut off my hairs and still leave me stubbly at the end, this epilator does a much better job. In comparison to my gold standard the Emjoi Gently Gold Caress, I would say it's still a little less efficient.

- rechargeable:
Wanted a corded epilator so I wouldn't have to worry about charging it before using or it running out of charge, but had trouble finding a well-reviewed corded epilator. When this epilator starts running out of charge, the gears start slowing down and don't pull the hairs out as well and then it just shuts off. Expect at least 1 hour for it to charge up fully and until you can use it again.
- on/off button:
Find it awkward turning it on and off since I can't flick the button with 1 thumb like my previous epilators. I have to use both thumbs to rotate the dial to turn it on, off, or to a higher speed.
- poor removal of short hairs (0.5mm):
Despite its claims I find it doesn't removes all those stubby, short hairs. I'll see them with the SmartLight annoyingly, but even after multiple passes it'll still be there.
- length of hair removal time:
The epilating head is a bit small in comparison to the Gently Gold Caress so it takes more time to remove hair. It wouldn't matter if I could get that perfect hairless result, but as it still has trouble with short hairs I see it as a negative.

OVERALL: A definite improvement over the Optima and a close match to my all-time favorite. I would recommend it.
on October 20, 2011
I love my new epilator, I used one for more than 10 years. The new technology is awesome. It doesn't hurt and leave the skin very soft.
on February 16, 2012
This item is simply amazing, you CAN use in the bath and a small light help you to see well.
It realy realy works!!!!!
on December 17, 2012
This epilater is very well designed for easy cleaning and the sealed housing for the electronics prevents water from entering the sensitive electronics. I've only had this epilator for a month but with this build quality i know it will last a long time. Note that the cover and the eilpation head separate so that you can clean every part. I once bought the $30 dolphin epilator from Amazon but that only last a month and it smelled like dead fish the whole time, the unit finally broke because it was poorly sealed and water seeped in from where you put in a pair of AA batteries. I bought this Braun Epilator as a replacement and i have to say it hurts a lot less once you set it to high speed.
on July 28, 2012
I have been using an epilator for a number of years so I'm used to how much it can hurt. My old Philips wasn't painless either, but I think this hurts a bit more. The job it does is far superior, not a hair left standing compared to the old one. I tried it on my chest and it left red bumps all over and very painfull. I use it all over and its better than shaving because the hair grows back without becoming itchy which is very important between the cheeks. I like the unit and wouldn't go back to the old one. I would like it if you could shut off the light to save the battery when you don't. need it. All in all it is very well made and does a great but all be it less than paid less job.
on July 2, 2013
But this product is simply not very good.
I am used to waxing and tolerate pain very well but this is torture. I have tried the Olay cloths i got for free with purchase ad it still hurt bad though they promised me a comfortable smooth experience. Tried in the bath and shower...same result. I have to go over the same area many many times and it does not remove all the hair. It cuts a lot of it, so it grows back within days. My hairs are not that coarse... And it takes me an hour to do both legs, so its not worth the time and pain. I have a lot of ingrown hairs now, on my legs and pits, and i exfoliate daily and moisturize. Still not enough it seems. I have to release them with a needle prior to the actual epilating. I never had this problem with waxing. Does NOT remove the short hairs as promised. So even though i did all they recommend in the booklet, i still NEVER have smooth legs. I have to spend an hour every 2 weeks on this (i should be hair free for at least 3 without touch ups, like with waxing). A painful hour. On top of the quick touch ups in between...
I do NOT recommend this product. It's actually my first time posting a review, ever. But i feel too strongly about this not to say anything.
on February 28, 2014
Definitely removes hairs effectively, but the charge does not last long enough. Also you cannot operate it while it is plugged in.
on November 2, 2012
I just got it from ups yesterday. Because of fear and nervous, i waited till today to try and found it's AWESOME.

1. I really like the design. It has a fancy look and you'll find it beautiful. That is why I choose this model, not other pink or green ones.

2. About PAIN. Perhaps this is what you concern about most when you first use an epilator. I hesitated for eighteen hours before trying... Every time i turned it on, my hands just shook and i would turn it off quickly... I have to say I viewed tens of text reviews and even tens of videos on youtube before starting... That's why it made me feel so afraid and nervous. BUT, only after you TRY BY YOURSELF that you know how it works and feels like!

I have never used wax before. This is my FIRST time to pull those hairs out. My tolerance of pain is OK, and i don't have too sensitive skin, which means my experience can be useful for some of you but not for those who is really sensitive. I tried first on my leg because all the reviews say it won't hurt too much. It is CORRECT. The hair on my leg has natural length, but I felt NO PAIN when i tried it on. Not even the slightest feeling. Then I became confident and brave enough to try it on my underarm. Yes, it hurts a little bit, but totally bearable. Stabbing pain only lasts for about 10 seconds and you'll find you're done! I also recommend you to use depilatory cream or shave first, then wait for one week and try your epilator. Hair grows back at a different speed, you don't have to epilate all of it for once, which will make it hurt less.

3. Do not use the beginner level. Try second level and you'll find it do a really good job. Beginner level pulls out little amount of hair and will cut down some. However, second level works GREAT.

4. Be sure to STRETCH your skin when using it. Otherwise it may "work" on your skin instead of just hair.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 28, 2015
Before this.. I had been deprived. Wow quick easy and relatively painless. It can get a little plucky when used for my underarms but simply focusing on something else and knowing it might sting a bit (kinda like waxing but easier) and it's no biggie. I would never go back to other form of hair removal after using this. No water, no soap, no sticky wax or sugar, no goopy strips to wash, no No No's that don't work, no shaving every day. Just roll it over the area.. say while watching TV and done. legs, face, arms, underarms wherever you need it. And because it pulls it from the root like tweezing, it lasts a lot longer that shaving. great product. Waxing out.. epilators in.