5.0 out of 5 stars "It only...takes a moment..."
Published on Dec 12 2008 by Kona

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved the film, can't find Wall-E's tour of the universe
I saw this film in the cinema and fell in love with it. The Wall-E-related extras on this disc are great.

I bought the 3-disc edition for nothing because I'm in Quebec and Disney excluded us from being able to use it. It's not written on the box that it won't work here. If I want a digital copy, which I *paid* for, I have to rip the DVD?

The box says...
Published on Dec 23 2008 by C. Marcotte

5.0 out of 5 stars "It only...takes a moment...", Dec 12 2008
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wall-E (DVD)
Humans left the uninhabitable earth 700 years ago to live in luxury aboard huge space ships. Left alone on the planet was Wall-E, a little robot who still dutifully collects trash, compacts it, and stacks the cubes in sky-high stacks. He finds some interesting things in his job, but every night as he watches the romantic songs from his video of "Hello, Dolly!" he wishes he could find someone to love.

I wasn't prepared for how moving this wonderful movie would be. The early scenes showing Wall-E painfully alone and longing for love are absolutely heartbreaking. Love does come, in the form of a robot named Eve, but she takes a little convincing, which is adorable, and she eventually saves Wall-E's life.

There's lots of fun and high-speed action aboard a huge spaceship and some guilty insights into the future of mankind (fat, lazy slobs catered to by robots). With humour, romance, thrills, and above all, a loveable trash-compactor named Wall-E, this is a movie all ages can enjoy. (Bring your tissues!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Who thought a trash compactor could be fun?, July 7 2010
Robert Badgley (St Thomas,Ontario,Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Wall-E,Disney's high grossing entry of 2008(released June/08),is a delightful look at our future(2805) whose protagonist just happens to be a little robotic trash compactor.On the surface it would seem to be something with only slight potential,but the magical folks at Pixar transform this seemingly mundane bot into something with feelings,something with dedication to his job and his charge(a cockroach!),endless determination and whose life we get caught up in and come to care about in short order.It is quite marvelous how it all unfolds.
The story takes place in 2805 and Earth is a deserted wasteland...waste,being the operative word.The entire population has long left earth(over a quarter of a million days ago!)and now lives on a huge spaceship;the Axiom.People,due largely to bone loss,no longer walk but fly around on hover chairs with their every whim and need catered to by a myriad of different bots.Every so many years the ship sends out probes to Earth to determine whether life has returned so THEY may return.
This is where our little rolling trash compactor by the name of Wall-E comes in.He lives in an old shipping-like container filled with many odds and ends he has collected over many years.He,along with his now non-functioning brethren,were left behind to clean up the Earth of all its' trash which forced the population to leave in the first place.He is still hard at it with a little cockroach for a companion when one of the Axioms life probes lands nearby.The ship comes and goes leaving behind a probe drone;think an egg with sleek wings!While the probe flits here and there seeking a sign of life Wall-E watches and falls in love.The probe isn't exactly discreet in its' search and is quick on the draw,disintegrating more than one object in its' way.This doesn't deter our love struck Wall-E however.When the probe(called Eve) finds life it shuts down,sends out an automatic beacon and is later picked up by the mother craft.Wall-E follows his lady love into space and back to the Axiom.
At the Axiom Eve delivers her precious cargo to the Captain but there is a conspiracy afoot.It seems an old message from the president relaying a message about Earth at one point being uninhabitable has been interpreted by the bots,who literally control just about every aspect of life aboard the ship now,as a directive to NEVER return.So they try and destroy the evidence.Between a love struck Wall-E trying to help his lady love and a now newly invigorated ships Captain who realizes they must go back,they eventually quash the robotic uprising and put the Axiom on a heading for Earth.
The story runs on many levels with its' obvious love story,its good against evil plot and a clear environmental message of how we must protect the Earth.The animation is visibly striking,rich in detail and life like;especially in scenes showing the vast wasteland that has become our planet.
Technically the film has been transferred beautifully and is in its original widescreen a/r.Extras abound in this three disc set and they include:A Digital copy,The Pixar Story,Deleted scenes,some "hilarious moments" from the movie,a look at the Buy N Large Corp,"Lots of Bots"which includes games,several making of featurettes,a close look at Wall-E's friends,two animated shorts:"Burn-E" and the theatrical short which accompanied the movie when first run,"Presto",audio commentary by the director,a tour of the universe by Wall-E and the sounds of Wall-E.It's an extra packed edition to be sure.
I do have one complaint about this three disc set however.The discs come in cardboard pull out sections;the left pull out has one disc in it(#1) and the right pull out has the other two discs,feathered over one another.When I saw this and started pulling them out to examine them I thought"Oh boy,here we go.I can see them all being scratched or scuffed".But I was pleasantly surprised to find they were fine.However taking them in and out(especially the 2nd and 3rd ones)I think will eventually cause scuffs.So for my own peace of mind I elected to put them into a separate double holding DVD snap case.This is positively awful thinking on Disney's part to be so cavalier in how they package these things.Of course it's more money for them if you have to get new ones.So beware my friends.
In conclusion this 3 DVD set of the Disney/Pixar 2008 smash Wall-E is a crowd pleaser from start to finish.The characters we see are fascinating to the nth degree and the plot moves at a good and steady pace.The animation by Pixar is top notch all the way through and is startlingly real especially in its' portrayal of Earth in the future.In this 3-disc set beware of the bad packaging that these discs are put into.If you can overcome this hurdle,sit back and relax and enjoy another wonderful adventure from the imaginative folks at Pixar studios.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as everyone says it is, Sept. 29 2008
Jack Blatant (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I absolutely loved this movie. As a father of three, I feel like I've been through more than my fair share of kids' movies, but I went to see this one twice in theatres. At heart, this movie is a love story: simple, sweet, and beautiful.

It is true that this movie has an environmental message, but it is one of simplicity and hope rather than one that is dire and apocalyptic: the earth is ours, our home, and nothing can replace it. We need to take care of it.

In a time period when even kids' movies try to appeal to audiences with a certain jaded cynicism, this movie is honest and fresh, with a wonderfully appealing main character who ties the whole film together. I'll see this movie again, more than once. Maybe the kids will join me, maybe not. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars wall-e, Feb. 19 2014
J'ai aimé tout de ce pack surtout mes enfants il ont aimées les supplements et écoutée en repetition le dvd et blue ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, Jan. 23 2014
This review is from: Wall-E (DVD)
I love this movie. Even though there are no kids in the household, I still like to watch animated movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney FUN, Jan. 22 2014
This review is from: Wall-E (DVD)
I shared this movie with a past girlfriend. When we broke up I couldn't watch it because of missing her...I have watched it a few times recently and had to buy it again. I REALLY missed the movie MORE than I missed her. I wonder if they will do a sequel??? Wall-E to the 2nd power????

4.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite!!!, Jan. 17 2014
This review is from: Wall-E (DVD)
My 3 year old just love this movie, can sit through the whole thing and laughs at all the right places... Great movie!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, hope and a liitle smile, Jan. 12 2014
This review is from: Wall-E (DVD)
A classic for keepsake and revisiting often.

When all the world is gone to hell and everything seems bleek, a spark of intelligence and emotion is still possible. A little smile, some company, a companion and love can grow again like that small plant.

Just adore the querky robot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Client Michel Charbonneau satisfait, Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: Wall-E (Bilingual) (DVD)
Excellant très satisfait bonne région deux langue Français et anglais Bravo J,ai bien aimé le film, quel bonheur quand le tout fonctionne bien 5 étoiles rien de mieux

5.0 out of 5 stars Love ths film..., Jan. 4 2014
This review is from: Wall-E (3-Disc Combo Pack) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
This film is excellent in every way. The animation is superb and the story of how a lonely robot finds "love" is beautifully crafted. Great for the whole family.

ARRAY(0xb5362a8c)

Wall-E (3-Disc Combo Pack) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 26.50 CDN$ 14.97