5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comedy of errors, March 4 2010
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
A man with a large family has just died, and the whole brood gathers at his home for the funeral. Among them: A son who feels inferior to his talented brother, a niece whose boyfriend was accidentally given a hallucinogenic drug, a lovelorn suitor, a hypochondriac, and a dwarf who has some very special photos of the deceased.

This hysterical Britcom is everything you could hope for - a superbly witty script, naturally funny actors who play deadpan with ease, and a director who knows how to do funny. The large ensemble cast features Matthew Macfadyen and Kris Marshall and everyone is outstanding.

This look at craziness behind a funeral's proper façade kept me giggling from start to finish. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Favourite, June 10 2012
This review is from: Death at a Funeral [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import] (Blu-ray)
This is my first review, but definitely not one of my first buys (I'm know for my amazon obession). I was just so compelled to write a review for this movie as it was just so brilliant. I cannot emphasize just how hilarious this movie is. I had decided in the first 10 minutes of the film that this was going to be one of my all-time favourite movies. The movie follows the awkward and humiliating escapades of a family attending a loved one's funeral; obviously a genius equation for a great story plot. There's something about British films that surpass any other. The humour is always so dry and witty, the production and budget is simple, but it's always so much better than any big budget hollywood production. I would reccomend this to anyone.

Similar movies that I would reccomend: "The Full Monty", "Saving Grace" and "Keeping Mum".

5.0 out of 5 stars Death at a Funeral, May 8 2012
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
The dvd arrived quickly and in good conditon, as new. This is my favorite version, reserved British comedy. I'm very pleased with this product and the seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Death at a Funeral, March 27 2014
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
Typical British humour with all the "right" components... it is a good laugh! Do not miss the opportunity to see this movie...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Comedy, Jan. 27 2014
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I absolutely adore this movie and honestly cannot believe I waited as long as I did to buy it! I recommend it for anyone who likes dark comedies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Death at a Funeral, Nov. 29 2013
Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I ordered this thinking I hadn't seen it, but remembered the story more when I actually played this DVD. I was reminded by my husband having seen it on one of our cable channels and totally forgotten it until I played it today.

This was another 'comedy of errors' (as someone else mentions), which is true! It was funny and a typical British comedy and was enjoyable to watch and for the price I paid for it, it was worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars amusingly funny, July 24 2013
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
It is a very funny movie. Well acted and amusing. will make you forget all of your troubles for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, July 16 2013
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
Makes me laugh. It's is a movie that I'll enjoy watching over and over. Provided that you enjoy British humour, this movie is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Death At A Funeral, April 18 2013
This is the funniest movie ever. Only the British can do it this well. I would like to see more by this writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars seen in airplane, worth to buy!, Feb. 1 2008
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I've seen this film during a trans atlantic flight and I absolutely adored the film! It gave me a great laugh (even in the airplane) and a joyful time to get through!

Full of british humour and interesting plot changes!

absolutely worth the money.

ARRAY(0xb2b22760)