5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comedy of errors
A man with a large family has just died, and the whole brood gathers at his home for the funeral. Among them: A son who feels inferior to his talented brother, a niece whose boyfriend was accidentally given a hallucinogenic drug, a lovelorn suitor, a hypochondriac, and a dwarf who has some very special photos of the deceased.

This hysterical Britcom is...
Published on March 4 2010 by Kona

2.0 out of 5 stars I must have been me
With all the awards given this movie, all I can say, is that it must have been my mood when I watched this movie. I found it dull, repetitive and the actors or Director, or writer(s) tried too hard. I gave it way.
Published 7 months ago by Patricia A. Mcclellan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comedy of errors, March 4 2010
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)

This hysterical Britcom is everything you could hope for - a superbly witty script, naturally funny actors who play deadpan with ease, and a director who knows how to do funny. The large ensemble cast features Matthew Macfadyen and Kris Marshall and everyone is outstanding.

This look at craziness behind a funeral's proper façade kept me giggling from start to finish. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars seen in airplane, worth to buy!, Feb. 1 2008
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I've seen this film during a trans atlantic flight and I absolutely adored the film! It gave me a great laugh (even in the airplane) and a joyful time to get through!

Full of british humour and interesting plot changes!

absolutely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Favourite, June 10 2012
This review is from: Death at a Funeral [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import] (Blu-ray)
This is my first review, but definitely not one of my first buys (I'm know for my amazon obession). I was just so compelled to write a review for this movie as it was just so brilliant. I cannot emphasize just how hilarious this movie is. I had decided in the first 10 minutes of the film that this was going to be one of my all-time favourite movies. The movie follows the awkward and humiliating escapades of a family attending a loved one's funeral; obviously a genius equation for a great story plot. There's something about British films that surpass any other. The humour is always so dry and witty, the production and budget is simple, but it's always so much better than any big budget hollywood production. I would reccomend this to anyone.

Similar movies that I would reccomend: "The Full Monty", "Saving Grace" and "Keeping Mum".

5.0 out of 5 stars Death at a Funeral, May 8 2012
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
The dvd arrived quickly and in good conditon, as new. This is my favorite version, reserved British comedy. I'm very pleased with this product and the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars a hilarious romp thru a family's funeral day, Feb. 17 2011
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I absolutely love this movie! There are so many laugh out loud moments. Truly funny comedies are few and far between in my opinion - the English do it so well.The movie was on loan from a friend and I enjoyed it so much that I searched high and low to find a copy for my collection. Not meant for children with the various situations-drug use,crude humour (I could have done without the bathroom scene). If you enjoy fun being poked at a variety of subjects and you like the British sense of humour you will enjoy this movie!Thanks Amazon for having it in stock!

5.0 out of 5 stars best comedy in years, Oct. 1 2010
reuben poupko (cote st. luc, quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I have now seen this movie four times. Each viewing, I am once again transported into a wonderful comedic film, that has me laughing out loud. I have always loved British humor and this film does credit to the industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enormously funny movie, May 28 2014
Robert T. Boyter (Toronto) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
with an even funnier set of occurrences which I suspect will leave you either gasping or holding your sides in pain from too much laughter. Frank Oz began as a puppeteer in the 60's worked with CTW, and Jim Henson, acted, and is now a very fine director. Most of the cast is British and the whole movie is set there. Utter delight from start ot finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars I must have been me, May 12 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Death at a Funeral, March 27 2014
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
Typical British humour with all the "right" components... it is a good laugh! Do not miss the opportunity to see this movie...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Comedy, Jan. 27 2014
This review is from: Death at a Funeral (DVD)
I absolutely adore this movie and honestly cannot believe I waited as long as I did to buy it! I recommend it for anyone who likes dark comedies!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›