5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Series 320s-4 Men's shaver
I have had this shaver now for 2 weeks. I am pleased to say that It works very well for me. The pivoting floating head is certainly worth the few dollars difference from 1 model down that just has the floating head.
Published on Jan. 31 2012 by Tim R.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as close as blade
works best on short stubble. Blades are way better. Easy to clean and charge. Would buy it if you don't like blades.
Published 10 months ago by Hartley Rosenberg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Series 320s-4 Men's shaver, Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
In regards to the battery, the manufacturer's instructions to charge this unit is to charge for 4 hrs. before turning it on the first time and you should be able to get at least 4-5 shaves with it. Remembering that the nickel MH batteries I've had in other pieces of equipment, (eg. cell phones) the recommendation was for the 1st. charge to charge the unit for 24 hrs. This is what I did with this unit because 1 more day with a blade was not going to make any difference to me. The 24 hr. charge conditions the NiMh batteries much better. As a result, after 11 shaves, I finally had to recharge it again. The Manufacturer's instructions are to let the 1st charge COMPLETELY run out BEFORE recharging and then charge for the 2nd. time for 4 hrs. So, for the second charge, I charged it for overnight. (why not?) Not using it anyway while I'm sleeping. I've had 5 shaves so far on the second charge and no sign of the battery going dead yet. Definitely worth taking your time on the first 2 charges. The reason that I thought it important to mention this, is that customer reviews that I've read on other sites, there were complaints of poor battery life.
I find that having a $25.00 75 watt power inverter in my vehicle to plug it into when I'll need it for charging it is a good investment. Most people have something like this anyway for charging electronic devices.

As for the quality of the shave, again, after reading reviews on other sites, there were complaints of it not shaving as well as a blade. (Probably because it isn't a blade). Again, the manufacturer's instructions are to pull facial skin taut so that this shaver can work optimal. Also, to go slowly over your face with it as well in different directions because not all hair grows the same direction. With this shaver it is recommended to go against the grain.

With all of the shaves that I've had using this unit, I have to say it shaves at least 95% as close as the extremely expensive "Gillette Fusion" blades I was using. I have no complaints either in regard to razor burn from it. I have not used any pre-shave such as "Williams Lectric shave" yet, but I plan on trying it just to see if there is a difference in any way. It's really great and convenient for me not to have to mess with blades and water and shaving gel etc. for a change and being able to take it with me for a touch up when I need it on the job.

The push-up trimmer is a real bonus as well. Easy to use and very well placed in my opinion. Being as I have moustache and my eyebrows tend to grow far to fast, it's great to have everything I need in 1 compact unit.

As for cleaning the unit, Very easy. Pull the head off using the grips on both ends of the head and lift up. Gently tap the head on a piece of paper towel on a hard surface and give it a puff of air from your mouth. You can also clean it under running water if you prefer to do that. This takes only seconds out of my day.

The head is suppose to last for 18 months before replacing it. Time will tell on that though.

All in all, I give this unit a 5 out 5. If you take your time to do it right, it will really pay off for you. We all need to slow down a bit anyway with things moving at the pace they do today.
Hope this helps somebody out there who's thinking of buying this unit. Have a Great Day!

Well, as I said before I would try using "Williams Lectric Shave" which is a pre-shave, to see it there would be any difference in the closeness of this shaver compared to a the "Gillette Fusion" blades I was previously using.
I have been using the pre-shave for about 1 week now, and I honestly have to say that I cannot tell any difference between using this shaver and the blades that I was using before. I found that by putting on the pre-shave about 1 minute prior to shaving made a difference for me with the closeness of the shave. At the cost of $22.00 for a package of 4 blades where I live, this shaver has almost paid for itself already in just the 3 1/2 weeks I've had it. Also, in regard to the battery life of this unit after conditioning it the way I previously told you about, I have not run my second charge out yet. I definitely give this unit a 5 out of 5 and it would be higher if the rating level was higher on this site.
Thank You Again and this unit is really worth considering if you are looking for an electric shaver, both for Price & Quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shaver- Braun 3Series 320s-4, March 6 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
I've had this shaver about a month now and its great, no issues so far. When I first used it, I was amazed at how fast it shaved compared to my 14 year old Braun it replaced. The first charge lasted at least 6 shaves, (and that includes shaving my head every 2-3 days). It recharges quickly. One reason I chose the Braun was it can also be run using the power cord, some shavers wont do that. I find this feature very convenient, so you wont ever be stuck part way through a shave. I wasn't sure how it would feel in your hand, compared to my old square shaver, but it's comfortable and easy to grip. Cleaning is easy, either tapping the cutter assembly on the counter or running it under a hot water tap (cordless of course). The shaver comes with a plastic head protector, which is good, but would have preferred a travel case. I wanted a good shaver for a good price and I got that with this product. I believe the replacement cutter/foil are reasonably priced and come as one assembly piece, not separate pieces. Cutter replacement is recommended by Braun, every 18 months, only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement, April 13 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
Bought this shaver to replace an older Braun Series 5000 that was 10 years old with a broken switch. Was a bit sceptical initially based on the pricing. Turns out to be as good or better than my old one.

Advantages:
1) Very quiet.
2) Seems to keep the hair bits well contained within the head assembly. No mess like the old one.
3) It has no trouble dealing with 2-3 days old facial stuble.

Disadvantages:
None so far after 4 weeks of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars More pricey than I'd like, but does the job, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
After 10+ years with an older Braun model, back before there was such a (needless) plethora to choose from, I was pretty sure that another Braun would replace it. Online reviews essentially confirmed that their line is the best or tied for best in the category that counts: removing facial hair. The challenge came in determining which model was the least expensive yet contained the same important features as the pricier ones. This seems to be that model, though the day after I ordered it I found the entry-level model ($30 cheaper) on sale at a local large pharmacy chain. It looked equally capable. My advice: Check out your local drug mart first for the least expensive Braun (tough to find online). If you don't find it, go for this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big improvement over Series 1, June 11 2013
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
Very happy with this shaver, which I have had now for almost a month. Compared with my previous shaver (a Braun Series 1) it takes less time to give a close shave, is more comfortable to use, is quieter, is easier to clean, and battery life seems to be at least comparable, if not better. And it is MUCH better at cutting individual long hairs, which used to escape the Series 1. It is slightly larger so takes up a bit more space in a travel kit, but well worth the sacrifice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a Braun, Oct. 7 2014
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
This shaver has been better than I expected. The reviews looked good. There were a few surprises however. This gives me a closer shave than other shavers. I thought it would cause less skin irritation and not give as close of a shave. This is almost as close as a razor. I still need to be careful about skin irritation, but that does not bother me. A closer shave is good. Before getting this shaver, toward the end of the day people would comment about it being awhile since I had shaved. Now I could almost skip shaving for a day without people noticing. It takes little time to charge and indicates when it is time to recharge it. I forgot to charge it once and it still worked the next day. It helps to know that if it runs out of battery, it can be plugged in and used with a cord.

Someone had said something about getting a Braun to avoid worries brought by poor quality shavers. Usually, the higher-end shavers that cost more are better. If you want something economical, it may not work so well. For $75, this has been fantastic! I have only had this about a month so far. Hopefully this will last a long time like other Braun shavers have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated review, Dec 22 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
Amazing! Over 20 shaves on 1 charge! The closest shave ever. Fits comfortably in the hand too I would buy all over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be more happy, July 15 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
I have had this my Braun Series 320S-4 now for just under 2 weeks.

The Shipping was quicker than expected. I could have had it 2 days early but had slight issue with UPS not the supplier but was able to pickup the following day at the wartehouse still 1 day plus a entire weekend ahead of plan. packaging was perfect fit for it.

came in brand new sealed box. everything all accounted for.

First use: after not using an electric razor for almost 2 years(used manual) i was pleasently suprised. took the same time to shave with it as it did with the manual blade. i do have sensitive skin and do have to press little firmly and left some irritation but went away within the hour. the free floating head is awesome, which is one of major factors i went with it over the 1 Series and didn't feel the need to pay up for the 5 series

With with 320S-4 series, i shave every 2-3 days now as opposed to before with manual blade of 3-4 which is not an issue for myself. i have only charged the shaver once so far and have gotten so far 5 shaves and low battery yet to come. best part is you can shave with it charging and rinse afterwards. the shaver is eay to handle and i don't find it heavy compared to some on the market. this is an efficient, budget freindly shaver, easy to use that i would recommend to others

4.0 out of 5 stars good razor for men with ingrown hair issues, Sept. 4 2014
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
no complaints here. bought this because i was having ingrown hair problems and my doctor told me this type of electric razor works best....he was right! my ingrown hairs have almost completely subsided while still getting a close shave every other day. the battery life is really good and i have zero complaints about this product. totally satisfied and happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong. Great product!, Oct. 1 2014
This review is from: Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey) (Health and Beauty)
This is a great product. Battery lasts for a few shaves. It doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles but it does what it is suppose to very well. If you're looking for a basic shaver this is the one. Couldn't be happier with it. Well maybe if it came in another color... haha.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Braun Series 320S-4 Shaver (Red/Grey)
CDN$ 94.58