march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 31, 2012
I have had this shaver now for 2 weeks. I am pleased to say that It works very well for me. The pivoting floating head is certainly worth the few dollars difference from 1 model down that just has the floating head.
In regards to the battery, the manufacturer's instructions to charge this unit is to charge for 4 hrs. before turning it on the first time and you should be able to get at least 4-5 shaves with it. Remembering that the nickel MH batteries I've had in other pieces of equipment, (eg. cell phones) the recommendation was for the 1st. charge to charge the unit for 24 hrs. This is what I did with this unit because 1 more day with a blade was not going to make any difference to me. The 24 hr. charge conditions the NiMh batteries much better. As a result, after 11 shaves, I finally had to recharge it again. The Manufacturer's instructions are to let the 1st charge COMPLETELY run out BEFORE recharging and then charge for the 2nd. time for 4 hrs. So, for the second charge, I charged it for overnight. (why not?) Not using it anyway while I'm sleeping. I've had 5 shaves so far on the second charge and no sign of the battery going dead yet. Definitely worth taking your time on the first 2 charges. The reason that I thought it important to mention this, is that customer reviews that I've read on other sites, there were complaints of poor battery life.
I find that having a $25.00 75 watt power inverter in my vehicle to plug it into when I'll need it for charging it is a good investment. Most people have something like this anyway for charging electronic devices.

As for the quality of the shave, again, after reading reviews on other sites, there were complaints of it not shaving as well as a blade. (Probably because it isn't a blade). Again, the manufacturer's instructions are to pull facial skin taut so that this shaver can work optimal. Also, to go slowly over your face with it as well in different directions because not all hair grows the same direction. With this shaver it is recommended to go against the grain.

With all of the shaves that I've had using this unit, I have to say it shaves at least 95% as close as the extremely expensive "Gillette Fusion" blades I was using. I have no complaints either in regard to razor burn from it. I have not used any pre-shave such as "Williams Lectric shave" yet, but I plan on trying it just to see if there is a difference in any way. It's really great and convenient for me not to have to mess with blades and water and shaving gel etc. for a change and being able to take it with me for a touch up when I need it on the job.

The push-up trimmer is a real bonus as well. Easy to use and very well placed in my opinion. Being as I have moustache and my eyebrows tend to grow far to fast, it's great to have everything I need in 1 compact unit.

As for cleaning the unit, Very easy. Pull the head off using the grips on both ends of the head and lift up. Gently tap the head on a piece of paper towel on a hard surface and give it a puff of air from your mouth. You can also clean it under running water if you prefer to do that. This takes only seconds out of my day.

The head is suppose to last for 18 months before replacing it. Time will tell on that though.

All in all, I give this unit a 5 out 5. If you take your time to do it right, it will really pay off for you. We all need to slow down a bit anyway with things moving at the pace they do today.
Hope this helps somebody out there who's thinking of buying this unit. Have a Great Day!

Well, as I said before I would try using "Williams Lectric Shave" which is a pre-shave, to see it there would be any difference in the closeness of this shaver compared to a the "Gillette Fusion" blades I was previously using.
I have been using the pre-shave for about 1 week now, and I honestly have to say that I cannot tell any difference between using this shaver and the blades that I was using before. I found that by putting on the pre-shave about 1 minute prior to shaving made a difference for me with the closeness of the shave. At the cost of $22.00 for a package of 4 blades where I live, this shaver has almost paid for itself already in just the 3 1/2 weeks I've had it. Also, in regard to the battery life of this unit after conditioning it the way I previously told you about, I have not run my second charge out yet. I definitely give this unit a 5 out of 5 and it would be higher if the rating level was higher on this site.
Thank You Again and this unit is really worth considering if you are looking for an electric shaver, both for Price & Quality.
on March 6, 2012
I've had this shaver about a month now and its great, no issues so far. When I first used it, I was amazed at how fast it shaved compared to my 14 year old Braun it replaced. The first charge lasted at least 6 shaves, (and that includes shaving my head every 2-3 days). It recharges quickly. One reason I chose the Braun was it can also be run using the power cord, some shavers wont do that. I find this feature very convenient, so you wont ever be stuck part way through a shave. I wasn't sure how it would feel in your hand, compared to my old square shaver, but it's comfortable and easy to grip. Cleaning is easy, either tapping the cutter assembly on the counter or running it under a hot water tap (cordless of course). The shaver comes with a plastic head protector, which is good, but would have preferred a travel case. I wanted a good shaver for a good price and I got that with this product. I believe the replacement cutter/foil are reasonably priced and come as one assembly piece, not separate pieces. Cutter replacement is recommended by Braun, every 18 months, only time will tell.
on November 28, 2013
I have used other Braun shavers (1-2-3 System and Cruzer) in the past with very satisfactory results and the performance of this Series 3 shaver is on par. The shave this shaver provides is very close and the motor is powerful enough that the shave can be finished with only one of two strokes. The use and "feel" of the triple blade requires some adjustment time as my previous shaver was a double blade shaver. Battery life lasted two weeks with a full charge with approximately five minutes of use every day during the period. It is important to "condition" the battery before the very first use by charging it for longer than the amount of time suggested in the owner's manual. The cutters and foil are integrated into one piece which Braun refers to as the "cassette" which makes cleaning very simple. Another useful feature of the shaver is that it may be used either cordless or with the supplied electrical cord. The trimmer is also very handy to trim sideburns and other areas of the face. I highly recommend this product!
on April 10, 2013
My previous Braun shaver (costing around $200) lasts about 15 years. That's why I am loyal to Braun. I bought this Braun 320S-4 shaver at less than $70. So I am happy with the price. It has a comfortable and ergonomic grip. The shaving is quite smooth and enjoyable. It is easy and simple to operate and each charge lasts about 3 to 4 days. This is a great shaver! If it comes with a case for travelling, it will earn an "excellent" rating.
on January 4, 2015
Replaced another Braun I had for over 10 years which no longer held a charge. Took some getting used to the ergonomics but definitely recommended. I found that the flashing recharge reminder started prematurely and a recharge wasn't necessary for at least a week. With my previous Braun, I let the battery completely die (or fully discharge it) before recharging which I believe, led to a longer life. Will do the same with this shaver.
on February 6, 2013
I bought this when it was on sale for $49.99 here in January 2013 so it was an excellent deal. It works great, is easy to clean, and the battery charge lasts a long time. Even though I have a sensitive skin it doesn't irritate my face or neck (unlike the Remington brand which leaves cuts on my neck). This is the best foil shaver I have ever used. The best way to clean this razor is to use the brush it comes with (rinsing it under the tap doesn't clean it). This razor doesn't come with a case so I use part of the package it came in (the plastic enclosure in the box).

In order to get the battery to last a long time on a charge - when you first get it don't charge it so use it until the light goes red then charge it for about 12 hours (the light will go green long before then but still let it keep charging). After that first charge just charge it until the light goes to a solid green.
on June 16, 2015
Today I had my FIRST shave with my new Braun 320s-4 ($63 with tax) shaver from Amazon.ca and found it, at the very least, as good/close as if not better than my shave with my Philips PT920 ($136 with tax) shaver with new heads. The Braun gave my sensitive skin somewhat less irritation than my Philips. Also compare new heads cost from Amazon.ca: Braun is little more than half the cost of Philips. I hope this keeps up.
Update: Jan 28/16 - Mea Culpa! I have to remove one star because I have found that this shaver takes me twice as long to shave as my Philips PT920 for the same shave, both of which are only about 90% perfect. The PRO for the Braun is the reasonable cost of replacement of a complete shaver head. The CON for the Philips is the cost to replace screens and cutters will require me to mortgage my house.
on June 24, 2015
I order this shaver after a long research ,the most important issue for me was to be gentle with my skin and a close shave
This machine deliver both with flying colors excellent close shave and very gentle ,battery power long lasting and washable
Will recommend 100%
on April 13, 2012
Bought this shaver to replace an older Braun Series 5000 that was 10 years old with a broken switch. Was a bit sceptical initially based on the pricing. Turns out to be as good or better than my old one.

Advantages:
1) Very quiet.
2) Seems to keep the hair bits well contained within the head assembly. No mess like the old one.
3) It has no trouble dealing with 2-3 days old facial stuble.

Disadvantages:
None so far after 4 weeks of use.
on January 7, 2016
As a blade man for some 40 years, my last electric shaver was a rotary way back when. My wife bought a foil electric shaver, not Braun, and I found it quite convenient to borrow on occasion, though still preferred the closeness of a blade. Late 2015 I checked out reviews and the 320S-4 came up the winner. One review was that it comes on sale every now and again for under $50 Cdn and you could do no wrong at that price. Sure enough it came on sale for $47 and I bought it. Long story short, I've not used a blade since. The 320S-4 works pretty much flawlessly.