5.0 out of 5 stars iPad kid protector
We purchased iPad2 for our 4 year old son, as he is autistic. And we needed a child-proof protector and we bought the OtterBox Defender Series which is awesome. It's easy to assemble and it REALLY protects the iPad (especially from the children). I would recommend this product without a doubt. ENJOY
Published on Dec 21 2011 by RobbBella

1.0 out of 5 stars The outer part of the case doesn't seal right
Published on Oct. 13 2011 by Random Brainwaves

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad kid protector, Dec 21 2011
This review is from: OtterBox Defender Series Hybrid Case for iPad 2 APL2-IPAD2-D9-E4OTR (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars tough and secure, Jan. 2 2012
I teach Physical Education and having my Pad protected by the Otterbox case keeps it safe and secure from drops or hits. Never a worry with it's safety in the gym. It took me a while to clue into the snap off part that props the pad it can also can snap on the front to protect the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect Protection For IPAD 2, Sept. 3 2011
This is my second Otterbox case. I had thought that the case for the iPad was tops, but the Otterbox case for the iPad 2 is lighter, just as well made and designed and worth every penny. Spending $600 or $800 for an iPad 2 and NOT protecting it with the best case available is not smart. One drop and you could easily be out a lot of money. Buy it and get peace of mind.

1.0 out of 5 stars The outer part of the case doesn't seal right, Oct. 13 2011
Random Brainwaves (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
I like Otterboxes, I have them on my phone. When I bought my iPad I was looking at cases. I happened to see an old Otterbox for the original iPad at a store -- they don't sell iPads, so they weren't getting the new ones. I found this case on Amazon. I wondered how it was going to fit, but I trusted the company worked that out. Anyway after getting case apart and the iPad in it I am satisfied with the hard plastic portion. The outer rubber part is annoying. It took several times to get it to sit properly, there was bunching at corners and along the side with home button. I eventually got it on. Now the holders at the back keep popping. I think this is more the area that has to be covered by the rubber. I like how it makes the iPad feel less fragile though. I would buy it again, I am sure that there are issues with all the cases.

I have had case for 4 months now. Never dropped. The plastic frame around screen has broken in two places. I sent an email to Otterbox, no response. I have read reviews on Otterbox site. This is not a good product. Do a net search Griffin has a mush better rating. A new company, Lifeproof is marketing a waterproof case. Otterbox appears to have got too big too fast

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, Jan. 18 2012
I bought this cover for my 3 year old autistic son who has an IPAD. When the cover stays on, it works okay. They need to find a way for it to stay on. Even for a regular user (me), I found that it sometimes started to come off. I don't think I would have paid this much money if I had known it would be like this. We also have the Commuter AND the Defender Otterbox for the 2 IPHONEs we have which are terrific. (Defender is better.)
But for the IPAD, we were a little disappointed. : (

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Jan. 9 2012
Great unit, takes a bit of work to assemble but in conjunction with a screen protector this has already protected my special needs daughters iPad from a dozen or so drops, one frisbee style throw and countless encounters with peanut butter, drool and hard handling.

Highly recommended but might try the top model next time as it apparently is more waterproof and just as strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial and attractive case., Dec 9 2011
Offers substantial protection for your tech investment while looking great! Stand comes in handy and protects screen when in transit. Easy access to ports, buttons and cameras. Takes a few minutes to nestle the iPad in but manufacturer's videos are easy to follow. Highly recommend over the lightweight, flimsy magnetic flip cases especially if you have kids and travel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small price to pay to insure a $600 investment., Jan. 28 2012
Bought this thing over xmas for my iPad I recieved as a gift. The first one I recieved, i was unable to close the headphone jack cover to do a flaw in the rubber case. I called Otterbox, and no questions asked a replacment was sent by courier and in my hands 3 days later. That is in Canada and over the xmas holidays. Great service. As for the product itself, I have a 2 year old who likes to play with everything. I have no problem giving him my iPad for entertainment at all. He likes playing his little games, and I feel safe with the extra security.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the otter box case!, Dec 9 2011
I now have otter box cases on all my family's apple products including iPhone,
iPod, iPad 1 & iPad 2. My kids and I have dropped each several times ...
The case has protected without fail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Colossal Waste of Money, Nov. 28 2012
I still can't believe this is an otterbox product. I have purchased multiple otterbox products for our iPhones and was really happy with it. This product for the iPad tho is a missed. First it makes the iPad really heavy, twice or 3x the actual weight of the iPad. Second, it is bulky. Third, it is not easy to put on. Last and the worst part of it all, the last layer rubbery material, as mentioned numerous times on reviews about this product, does not fit right. It's too,loose and becomes more loose as the days pass by. It was a night mare. I was at my wits end with it and decided to just garbage this item (literally, I threw it out). I went on a hunt again for a case that will give prime protection for our iPad. We have a 3 yr old who uses the iPad daily. After spending quite some time on researching for the best product I have come across KaysCase Kid Box. For half the price I paid for this nightmare of an otterbox ($80 + Shipping ) I had went ahead and ordered KaysCase ($42 with shipping). It was amazing! You folks with young ones should seriously research that case. It's awesome. Don't waste your money on this otterbox. Save your self from some serious headache.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›