4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, July 19 2011
This review is from: The Eagle (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
I was forced to read the book of this movie for a class but because I had around 12 other books to read in a month, I never bothered and figured I could watch the movie. I was expecting little to nothing but was surprised by the quality of the story so much that I decided to buy the highest quality version of the movie in Blu-Ray. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes epic movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars good story - not a block buster, Dec 13 2011
Pierre Aubin - See all my reviews
The Eagle is a good historic adventure story, and I enjoyed Jamie Bell's performance. This young actor has tremendous versatility.

The scenery is breathtaking and I enjoyed the story line, even though it was not a big budget blockbuster.

Anyone who likes period films, especially roman or greek stories will enjoy the story.

Pierre

4.0 out of 5 stars Based on a great book, Sept. 29 2013
Bootsy Bass (Winnipeg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After reading the book this movie is based on though I can't quite remember the title.Anyways the book was very good and I couldn't find the movie anywhere so I ordered it from Amazon. It was very good as well in my opinion and held true (mostly-as most movies do) to the book. Then a couple of weeks after I got the movie it was all over TV's movie channels etc. LOL Good movie and book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectaculaire!, Oct. 30 2012
P. Gravel (Amos, Québec) - See all my reviews
Ce film comporte dès le début une scène de bataille très réaliste entre les Romains et les barbares. La technique de la tortue et la position en cercle des légionnaires sont très bien illustrées. Par la suite, on voit se développer l'amitié entre le centurion et son esclave. J'ai été seulement déçu par les "Phoques" qui me rappelaient trop les Iroquois de l'Amérique. C'est également agréable que cette production d'aventure, ne soit pas ralentie par les éternelles scènes d'amour. Les paysages de l'Écosse et le mur d'Hadrien sont époustouflants. Un superbe film où on ne risque pas de s'endormir.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Oct. 9 2012
This movie offers a rarely seen Roman Brittania. The acting from most of the characters easily lets me forget who they are (except you Channing, sorry) and the story line kept me guessing how it was going to end. The scenery is excellent too!

One thing to note. On the first fight battle the bass is so strong that I blew my subwoofer. I don't see this as a fault of the movie at all, just an anecdote. When I re-watched it after replacing the driver that same bass note pulled me right into the action with a sense of weariness that only a good sound system could conjure.

The Eagle (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Eagle (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) by Kevin Macdonald (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 20.99 CDN$ 8.00