Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

The Eagle (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-rayChange
Price:$7.96+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on July 19, 2011
I was forced to read the book of this movie for a class but because I had around 12 other books to read in a month, I never bothered and figured I could watch the movie. I was expecting little to nothing but was surprised by the quality of the story so much that I decided to buy the highest quality version of the movie in Blu-Ray. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes epic movies.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This pseudo history follows the "Centurion" pseudo history, although it is not necessary to sit through that one to watch this one. During the "Centurion" campaign, they lost their gold eagle standard to the Picts. OMG! Channing Tatum plays Marcus Aquila, who is determined to get the symbol returned for gods and empire, lost by his father. In the beginning he assumes command of the Britain outpost. His men see him as a little "wet behind the ears." However, his attention to detail and heroics save the fort.

In one early scene, it wasn't safe to send out a patrol because a Druid priest was going about the villages. hmmm. Marcus is injured and is moved to a hospital, given numerous awards for bravery and discharged because of his wounds. He saves the life of a slave, Eska, who lets it known he hates Rome and everything Marcus stands for. Marcus, joined by his new slave go on a mission to cross Hadrian's Wall and recover the lost golden eagle, thus restoring honor to Rome and his father.

While Marcus talks about the glory of Rome, Eska talks about their atrocities and how his family was slain at their hand and lands stolen. About this point in the fictional narrative one should figure out the tale is meant to be symbolic for our own country.

The sound track sounded like something that is old Celtic, with off setting drums. kudos.

Parental Guide: No sex, no nudity, no f-bombs.
on December 13, 2011
The Eagle is a good historic adventure story, and I enjoyed Jamie Bell's performance. This young actor has tremendous versatility.

The scenery is breathtaking and I enjoyed the story line, even though it was not a big budget blockbuster.

Anyone who likes period films, especially roman or greek stories will enjoy the story.

Pierre
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 29, 2013
After reading the book this movie is based on though I can't quite remember the title.Anyways the book was very good and I couldn't find the movie anywhere so I ordered it from Amazon. It was very good as well in my opinion and held true (mostly-as most movies do) to the book. Then a couple of weeks after I got the movie it was all over TV's movie channels etc. LOL Good movie and book.