biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on July 18, 2011
When this game was released, I was so happy because the Nintendo 64 game was the best game I've ever played and I was excited to say that I could now play it on the go on my Nintendo 3DS. But when I found out that this new release was even better than the N64, I really was surprised. Some of the graphics have been updated; every fan will still recognize all the places and characters they love, but with a little something more. It is simply more beautiful, specially in Kakariko Village. It is even translated in French so you can switch to the language you want and as a francophone I can say that the translation is really well done ! :D The 3D is amazing during all the game, but nothing beats seeing all the videos in 3D. Take the Master Sword in the Temple and enjoy the video as you never did before !
on September 28, 2011
I already had the original Ocarina of Time, but I took a chance on this anyway. The 3D is amazing, but they went beyond that. The controls have been completely reinvented. It's so easy to switch items or look at the map now. Just tap them on the touch screen. There's hardly anything but the game on the 3D screen. No button icons or stats. All that stuff is on the touch screen. I was blown away that I could look around in first person mode (or when using the hookshot, slingshot, and bow) by just moving the 3DS around. You can use the circle pad too, but what fun is that? I have already beaten it and unlocked the Master Quest, but I haven't yet tried the boss challenge. Nintendo added so much to this version besides just remaking it in 3D. Definitely worth the money, even if you already it for the N64, Gamecube, or Virtual Console.
on July 22, 2013
One of my favorite games of all time! The only difference from this version and the original N64 game are the graphics. Everything else (maps, locations, script) stays absolutely faithful to the original. Hey, if it isn't broken, don't fix it!

This is absolutely the definitive version to play! It's gorgeous, the 3D effects are done well, and it's one of the best games of all time. What are you waiting for? Get it!
on January 26, 2014
Just as fun as the original, but with some graphical updates. As a Zelda fan, I loved it. Felt like a new game playing it again on a handheld system.
on February 17, 2014
The only video game my son and I love to play - we have them all and look forward to more.
on July 12, 2014
They did a great job with Master Quest, once you beat the game you can try again in a hard mode where the dungeons are all redone to be more challenging. The 3D creates a very immersive experience.
on January 26, 2012
So, I've been bugging my fiancée for months that I wanted to get the red N3DS JUST for this game. He went and bought this game (Along with Mario Bro. 3D Land) and the red N3DS for Christmas. I was soo super happy! I set aside the Mario Bro. 3D Land (wasn't too interested at the time), and dove right into Zelda. I remember playing this on my gamecube. It's exactly like it, except it's 3D. Even the controls are different (they're easier to use!) I friggin' love it. Highly recommended for EVERYONE!!
on September 16, 2011
This game seems to be exactly the same as the original version, but it looks like a game from today. The gameplay holds up surprisingly well, yet it looks beautiful! I loved this game so much when I played it years ago, and somehow it feels like a new game today! Very, very highly recommended.
on February 4, 2016
If you're as big a Zelda fan as I am, replaying Ocarina on the 3DS will be a treat: the graphics are much better and there is general increased texture in the landscape; the dialogue, although mostly the same, has been tweaked in places to make what the character is saying more concise (remember how awfully verbose the owl was? Not anymore!); Link looks amazing, as do many other remastered characters; there is a sheik stone at your house and in the temple of time that you can CRAWL IN TO and see a vision of the future if you need help... I could go on.

For anyone who has never played OOT on the 64, this game is beautifully sleek and contemporary with the updates that have been applied to it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2014
It's better.

I thought that flying high on nostalgia would be what made this game for me, but the more I played the more I discovered that even as a little kid who LOVED this game, even as the first console game that I ever owned (I'd played my cousin's SNES, but had never had a gaming system of my own until the N64 and my parents not knowing what to get for it had picked up Ocarina of Time on a recommendation) I had not truly appreciated what an amazing game Ocarina of Time really was and still is. This game more than stands the test of time and old fan or new fan you'd be making a mistake if you didn't add it to your collection.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse