Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Blu-rayChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on January 11, 2013
There were some nice set pieces in Inglourious Basterds (German soldiers playing pub games while the resistance plots at a nearby table) but they tended to drag on. Two and a half hours? How long is the director's cut?

The gratuitous bloodshed, ridiculous story and over-the-top acting sent the missus off to bed after the first hour and I had to watch the rest of the movie by myself. Thanks, Quentin. If I want solitude, I'll read a book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2009
"Obtuse" - lacking acuteness of intellect or feeling; not sharp or perceptive; insensible. I actually paid to see this movie, and I disliked it intensely. If I had been alone, I would have walked out. It goes beyond the waste of my time and money. "Inglourious Basterds" was an endurance test. Brad Pitt's acting was terrible. He used the same stupid accent, etc. that he employed for his character in "Thelma and Louise". It worked to some extent in T&L, but not here. The whole premise of the movie is offensive in that younger people may actually believe WWII ended as erroneously and disrespectfully depicted in the movie. I think the sole purpose of IB was TO MAKE MONEY by being OBTUSE. I can think of no other word that better describes the film. That's the hook, what gives it edge. There is nothing in it of actual value for an intelligent viewer unless twisted, shock-value entertainment is what he/she is looking for. I, for one, was not entertained. I had no interest in what would happen next or how it would end. The best part of the whole movie was when it was over. It holds the distinction of being one of the WORST movies I've suffered through in years. In my opinion, this is cheap, pop culture that will not stand the test of time. I grudgingly gave the film two stars for the quality of its production alone.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse