5.0 out of 5 stars Finally they got these things right!
Question: For the first time in history we can listen to music, opinion and discussion from anywhere in the world, so why has Internet radio barely penetrated the consumer market?

My only beef is that I can't yet listen to Internet Radio in the car. Yes, I am a fan.

Published on July 26 2012 by BillyFields

1.0 out of 5 stars quit working
Worked fine for 2 weeks - I used the headphone plug a couple of times == now when I unplugged the phones the speaker on the radio doesn't work..

The sound still works through headphones if I plug back in and the line out works to a amp but radio speaker doesn.t work ---- I turned the speaker on and off and on and off through settings -- no difference...
Published 22 months ago by Gary in Abbotsford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Was working fine for around 3 months, and now it has been replaced, April 8 2013
Brad in Burnaby (Burnaby, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grace Digital Audio GDI-IRC6000 Mondo 3.5-Inch color TFT Internet Radio (Electronics)
o8-APR-2013 - Purchased and received new in Dec-2012 it worked fine. Pandora does not apply to Canada though, not a show stopper. Show stopper is: early March 2013, (a few weeks ago) suddently it can not find any wifi networks. I have chatted with the grace canada tech person (who pointed me back to amazon.ca) and I have chatted with the grace online support, doing factor resets, and the works but nothing will get it finding wifi again. When this radio is working, I would give it 4.5 out of 5 (this is my first internet radio, so nothing else to compare it to really). Now that is not working, an obvious 1 or lower. I will try and update this review as things happen.
1 hour has passed. Amazon help chat indicated 30 days has gone and I am on my own with the California, US company support. The US company tried to direct me back to Canada, but I told them Grace canada already indicated they do not do it because this product is brought in under amazon.com. So, Grace US will fix it, but wants me to pay shipping both ways. US customers get free return shipping. I don't know what the costs are but will update once I konw. Gee, I already paid $9.00 in shipping once... Not happy right now.
Now it is all up to me. This is my first 'major' purchase from Amazon.ca and I am not impressed. If I wanted the US price and service, I would have used the amazon.com. Too bad I got a lemon and nothing from amazon.ca but 'see ya later, thanks for the money'.
09-APR-2013 - Postage to US will cost 25.00 CAD, Return postage will cost minimum 27.00 USD = approx 52.00 CAD with exchange rate ripoff probably 55.00 CAD easily.
Total cost of postage paid on this will be (including original from amazon.ca) $55.00+$9.00= $64.00. Fixed radio resell value will probably be less. Will update again once I have made a decision. Still not happy.

10-APR-2013 - WOW. Received replacement from amazon.ca - had not not checked my e-mail and therefore had no idea it was coming. New unit works fine, and old unit will be returned postage compliments of amazon.ca. Did I say WOW ? I am so happy :) My only concern is that if the product stops working again in two or three months, my ordeal will start again. But until then, THANK YOU Amazon.ca. You really did change attitude toward you.
THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

As long as it works, I give it at least 4 stars out of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally they got these things right!, July 26 2012

So this Grace Mondo is my 3'rd internet radio in as many years. First two were a Sanyo R227 & Aluratek AIRMM01F.

The Sanyo is ok but has a quirky minimalist LED interface. Resets itself from time to time. Can be slow. Audio fair.

The Aluratek is easier to set up and use and a somewhat easier interface but still a somewhat nurdy thing. Audio: fair minus.

The Grace Mondo finally got it right. Very intuitive interface! As easy to use as any old AM-FM box but with a lot more functionality. Love the colours and the fact that the station logo appears when you play it. Selected stations come up almost instantly. And the little additions like "local radio", "weather" are actually useful.

IMHO these radios absolutely must have external speakers. Makes all the difference, at least for music. And as far as I know, this may the first internet radio that has real stereo jacks so I can hook directly to my amp instead of using separate computer speakers.

I never give a 10/10 so I'll give it a 11/10. OK, a bit overboard but goes to the point that I really like the thing.

Oh, forgot to add, Audio: fair plus. Which is why you need external speakers!

Buy it, you will love it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars quit working, Feb. 21 2013

Contacted Grace digital but I didn.t buy from them so they said they had no record of me buying from them ---- I bought from Amazon.ca -- who do I talk to ???

I am disappointed. Looks like I will have to send back at my cost -- not pleased.Grace Audio in

I tried a factory reset --- nothing seems to work ---- not clear who I should contact ??

A few hours later ----

Because of my review I receive a notice from Amazon.ca that they would be sending me a new radio --- they also gave me a link to print a prepaid shipping label and bar code authorization.

I have already boxed it up and mailed back (Canada Post) to Amazon --- hope it all works out -- will update the result -- they say I should have the radio by Feb 27 . One other thing the battery cover on the remote keeps falling off -- I returned that as well hope they send a new one.

I am pleased by Amazon's quick response --- will update the results --- the manual does say to contact Grace audio support --- wrong advice ---- Grace told me Amazon brings radios from U.S. so they can't help with support.

More later

Received a new radio and remote from Amazon the next day --- thanks Amazon -- amazing service, New radio works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent radio, Nov. 4 2012
One of my better buys. Exceeded all expectations.
The sound is great as a stand alone and becomes a reliable tuner when jacked into the stereo. WiFi is solid and simple. Organization of internet radio genres is straight forward. Thousands of available stations give one all the variety desired.

4.0 out of 5 stars works extremely well, Aug. 10 2014
Had no problem connecting this to my (hidden) network. Wi-Fi reception sensitivity seems to be the same as my tablet (Kindle Fire HDX).

A big plus is that this radio comes with an actual printed User's Manual booklet, which is rare these days.

Was pleased to find that the search function allows entry of a station's callsign letters and/or description, so I was easily able to find my three must-have stations, and assign them to the preset buttons.

I like the colour screen.

Sound quality is not outstanding, but good for a small table-top radio.

Storing presets 6 to 10 was a bit flaky - would have been easier had I done these first, then done 1 to 5.

Would have liked to have backlit buttons on this radio. The markings on them are very difficult to see unless the room is brightly lit.

Since the screen is not a touch-screen, the main control knob functions as a twist-and-push control: eg twist to highlight an icon, or a letter or character in the search screen, then push the knob for enter. The radio could use better anti-skid coatings underneath.

I have this located in a marginal Wi-Fi reception location - downstairs, with the router upstairs - and the signal strength icon varies usually between two and three bars. The radio has only dropped a station a couple of times (reaquired it automatically in less than a minute).

Have not tried relocating this to connect it to a tuner/amp with proper stereo speakers. For what it is - a tabletop radio, or a bedside alarm-clock radio - it works extremely well. I've been using this for more than three weeks now, and am well pleased with it. Four stars, rather than five, only because the markings on those buttons are so hard to see.

5.0 out of 5 stars great radio!!!, Jan. 3 2014
Bought this for my husband at Christmas, has it beside his bedside. Uses it as radio and alarm clock. Great radio, great reception. Can catch hundreds of channels from all over the world.

Was delivered in 2 days!!!!

Recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars on veut ecouter soie 18 milles stations de musique peut connecter a votre système de son a la maison qualite de sons super pas p, Nov. 8 2014
ses un exellent radio bon sons et se configure tous seule vraiment pas compliquer ya tous les genre de musique qu:on veut ecouter soie 18 milles stations de musique peut connecter a votre système de son a la maison qualite de sons super pas parasites juste du bon sons la battery n est pas inclus mais indispensable si vous en chercher un ses un bon produit et le service 2 jours a ma porte tres rapide merci a tous tres satisfait Nancy quebec..

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., Oct. 4 2014
Wixit "Diamond" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Works great.

I live in Canada and canceled SIRUS sat radio and now use this exclusively. Grace Digital gets all the news channels that I use to get on Sat portable radio. CNN, NPR, BBC and music. All there. In fact this device is better as it offers many more options and stations.

No installation issues. No ongoing issues after 3 months of use. Works perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars but is fine for personal use, Oct. 6 2014
Works as advertised, could use a bit more volume for a large room, but is fine for personal use. If you want to use it for a group or party would have to connect to Tuner/amp system, which it does easily. Is an excellent alternative to a bedside radio clock. Set up easy if you can get close enough to read the instructions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Canadians: The warranty does not apply in Canada -- and this product will break. Check out the reviews., March 5 2014
D. Nugent "TransplantedWestSideNYMominToronto" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Buyer beware: I read all of the reviews warning me about this product's many quality problems, but I did not heed them. Please don't make the same mistake.

Are there negative stars? Because Grace Audio, you have given me the worst experience I have ever had with a consumer product. I am about to have to pay $50 to ship my Mondo internet radio for the SECOND TIME IN 6 months because I have the misfortune of living in Canada, having bought the thing from Amazon Canada.

This product has broken for the second time since I bought it in August, 2013. It broke in September. After I paid to ship it back to California the first time, they supposedly fixed it. They did not give me a new one, mind you, they gave me the same one. It did work for a few months after I got it back. But it has broken again. After speaking to their "customer service" people tonight, and trying all the same fixes they recommended last time, I am left with the same choice as before: to pay another $50 to ship it to California, only to be forced to do the same thing again if it doesn't work again. This is a $125 radio, and I will have paid $225 if I actually get the thing back fully repaired. But if it breaks again...? Same thing. They told me that none of this would have been a problem if I were not living in Canada, where the warranties are not valid.

I have never written a negative review about a consumer product, but I'm doing so now. They have no right to allow Canadian retailers --including Amazon Canada-- to sell their products if the warranty is not valid in Canada. Moreover, AMAZON has no business selling products on their website whose advertised warranties are not valid in Canada.

DO NOT BUY THIS THING.