Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Buyer beware: I read all of the reviews warning me about this product's many quality problems, but I did not heed them. Please don't make the same mistake.

Are there negative stars? Because Grace Audio, you have given me the worst experience I have ever had with a consumer product. I am about to have to pay $50 to ship my Mondo internet radio for the SECOND TIME IN 6 months because I have the misfortune of living in Canada, having bought the thing from Amazon Canada.

This product has broken for the second time since I bought it in August, 2013. It broke in September. After I paid to ship it back to California the first time, they supposedly fixed it. They did not give me a new one, mind you, they gave me the same one. It did work for a few months after I got it back. But it has broken again. After speaking to their "customer service" people tonight, and trying all the same fixes they recommended last time, I am left with the same choice as before: to pay another $50 to ship it to California, only to be forced to do the same thing again if it doesn't work again. This is a $125 radio, and I will have paid $225 if I actually get the thing back fully repaired. But if it breaks again...? Same thing. They told me that none of this would have been a problem if I were not living in Canada, where the warranties are not valid.

I have never written a negative review about a consumer product, but I'm doing so now. They have no right to allow Canadian retailers --including Amazon Canada-- to sell their products if the warranty is not valid in Canada. Moreover, AMAZON has no business selling products on their website whose advertised warranties are not valid in Canada.

DO NOT BUY THIS THING.
on April 8, 2013
o8-APR-2013 - Purchased and received new in Dec-2012 it worked fine. Pandora does not apply to Canada though, not a show stopper. Show stopper is: early March 2013, (a few weeks ago) suddently it can not find any wifi networks. I have chatted with the grace canada tech person (who pointed me back to amazon.ca) and I have chatted with the grace online support, doing factor resets, and the works but nothing will get it finding wifi again. When this radio is working, I would give it 4.5 out of 5 (this is my first internet radio, so nothing else to compare it to really). Now that is not working, an obvious 1 or lower. I will try and update this review as things happen.
1 hour has passed. Amazon help chat indicated 30 days has gone and I am on my own with the California, US company support. The US company tried to direct me back to Canada, but I told them Grace canada already indicated they do not do it because this product is brought in under amazon.com. So, Grace US will fix it, but wants me to pay shipping both ways. US customers get free return shipping. I don't know what the costs are but will update once I konw. Gee, I already paid $9.00 in shipping once... Not happy right now.
Now it is all up to me. This is my first 'major' purchase from Amazon.ca and I am not impressed. If I wanted the US price and service, I would have used the amazon.com. Too bad I got a lemon and nothing from amazon.ca but 'see ya later, thanks for the money'.
09-APR-2013 - Postage to US will cost 25.00 CAD, Return postage will cost minimum 27.00 USD = approx 52.00 CAD with exchange rate ripoff probably 55.00 CAD easily.
Total cost of postage paid on this will be (including original from amazon.ca) $55.00+$9.00= $64.00. Fixed radio resell value will probably be less. Will update again once I have made a decision. Still not happy.

10-APR-2013 - WOW. Received replacement from amazon.ca - had not not checked my e-mail and therefore had no idea it was coming. New unit works fine, and old unit will be returned postage compliments of amazon.ca. Did I say WOW ? I am so happy :) My only concern is that if the product stops working again in two or three months, my ordeal will start again. But until then, THANK YOU Amazon.ca. You really did change attitude toward you.
THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

As long as it works, I give it at least 4 stars out of 5.
on July 26, 2012
Question: For the first time in history we can listen to music, opinion and discussion from anywhere in the world, so why has Internet radio barely penetrated the consumer market?

My only beef is that I can't yet listen to Internet Radio in the car. Yes, I am a fan.

So this Grace Mondo is my 3'rd internet radio in as many years. First two were a Sanyo R227 & Aluratek AIRMM01F.

The Sanyo is ok but has a quirky minimalist LED interface. Resets itself from time to time. Can be slow. Audio fair.

The Aluratek is easier to set up and use and a somewhat easier interface but still a somewhat nurdy thing. Audio: fair minus.

The Grace Mondo finally got it right. Very intuitive interface! As easy to use as any old AM-FM box but with a lot more functionality. Love the colours and the fact that the station logo appears when you play it. Selected stations come up almost instantly. And the little additions like "local radio", "weather" are actually useful.

IMHO these radios absolutely must have external speakers. Makes all the difference, at least for music. And as far as I know, this may the first internet radio that has real stereo jacks so I can hook directly to my amp instead of using separate computer speakers.

I never give a 10/10 so I'll give it a 11/10. OK, a bit overboard but goes to the point that I really like the thing.

Oh, forgot to add, Audio: fair plus. Which is why you need external speakers!

Buy it, you will love it!!
on February 21, 2013
Worked fine for 2 weeks - I used the headphone plug a couple of times == now when I unplugged the phones the speaker on the radio doesn't work..

The sound still works through headphones if I plug back in and the line out works to a amp but radio speaker doesn.t work ---- I turned the speaker on and off and on and off through settings -- no difference.

Contacted Grace digital but I didn.t buy from them so they said they had no record of me buying from them ---- I bought from Amazon.ca -- who do I talk to ???

I am disappointed. Looks like I will have to send back at my cost -- not pleased.Grace Audio in

I tried a factory reset --- nothing seems to work ---- not clear who I should contact ??

A few hours later ----

Because of my review I receive a notice from Amazon.ca that they would be sending me a new radio --- they also gave me a link to print a prepaid shipping label and bar code authorization.

I have already boxed it up and mailed back (Canada Post) to Amazon --- hope it all works out -- will update the result -- they say I should have the radio by Feb 27 . One other thing the battery cover on the remote keeps falling off -- I returned that as well hope they send a new one.

I am pleased by Amazon's quick response --- will update the results --- the manual does say to contact Grace audio support --- wrong advice ---- Grace told me Amazon brings radios from U.S. so they can't help with support.

More later

Received a new radio and remote from Amazon the next day --- thanks Amazon -- amazing service, New radio works great.
on November 4, 2012
One of my better buys. Exceeded all expectations.
The sound is great as a stand alone and becomes a reliable tuner when jacked into the stereo. WiFi is solid and simple. Organization of internet radio genres is straight forward. Thousands of available stations give one all the variety desired.
on January 3, 2014
Bought this for my husband at Christmas, has it beside his bedside. Uses it as radio and alarm clock. Great radio, great reception. Can catch hundreds of channels from all over the world.

Was delivered in 2 days!!!!

Recommend this product.
on March 9, 2014
I was looking for a bedside radio/music player to replace an old Bose Wave Radio with a buggy CD player. Mostly used for a bed time music 'ritual' to help me fall asleep. Sound quality was somewhat important, loudness was not a requirement.
No CD player, but a USB port on back to put in my favorite 'nighty night' music, which suits my needs perfectly. It also hooked up to our home wireless network without issue. Some reviews here complained about having to key in the network code with a rotary selection dial. Really?!? Unless you're renewing your code daily, this is a ONE time task, so what!?!?
An unexpected but welcome side result was that after registering my device on the GraceReciva website, Pandora worked (in Canada) with NO further workarounds!
Sound quality is OK, perfect for bedroom, wouldn't want it as my main source for music, but not bad. Yes the clicks from buttons on front and top don't 'sound' or feel like high end (you'll know what I mean when you try it), BUT they function perfectly.
My ONE complaint is that the display is to bright for bedside in a dark room. Yes, there are multiple light levels, but on the lowest it is still light enough to light up our room like a brighter night light. Alternative is to set brightness control to off. That's what we do, of course it quits being a clock when you can't see it, but if you reach out and turn front dial display will light for a few seconds an you can read the time. This 'light off' setting doesn't effect function at all, alarms still work, sleep mode etc.
Very pleased overall and 5 stars if display would dim down a few more Lumens.
on January 1, 2014
My previous internet radio was the Logitech SqueezeBox, who died few weeks ago.

The new Grace Digital Audio Mondo does the job: wake me each week day with my favorite radio station.
It has a very good sound, no remarkable difference with the SB. Larger screen, and a very well design volume button on the top (much easier when you are in bed).
The Wifi reception (Wifi N) is far superior than the SB (Wifi G only).

So, is it better than the Logitech SqueezeBox ? Not so sure. The software of the SB is far more superior. You can completely manage your SB from the Logitech website. Personnalization is better, more apps and sound choices. Even the dimmer is better on the Logitech (no auto dimmer on Grace Digital, and even the lowest brightness is too much for me).

So, it's matter of choice. A Grace Digital Audio Mondo set, with the software of the Logitech SB would be perfect ! But unfortunately...
on August 3, 2013
Would've been a decent radio, if not for 2 major flaws:
1. I live in Canada, Toronto, and the local stations are not available for Toronto, unless you manually look for each one - makes it very inconvenient to use.

2. Loses internet connection to my wifi and does not reconnect automatically.
Apparently a few other people had the same issue - requires wasting 5 minutes to manually power down, removal of the battery, then redoing the internet.
then loses wifi connection at random intervals between 2 min and 6 hours.
then requires doing the manual steps again and again.

I've read some reviews, and it is apparently a recurring issue.

my ipad, galaxy tab, PS3, WD and other multiple wifi devices keep the connection with no issues. It is only this Grace Digital Audio that is losing the signal.

Sound is OK
Display is OK
Removal of the battery is very hard, and looks like it can only be done 10-30 times before the connection breaks.
Look of the radio - pretty nice
Sound volume - very adequate for a 2 bedroom condo
on November 28, 2013
This is a great radio playing all the music we love all the time. We also receive our local streaming radio stations. Following the instructions that came with the radio we were listening to Internet stations within five or ten minutes. The search feature functioned easily and the preset buttons are easy to program. The alarm feature is also great with the ability to set an alarm and radio station for each day of the week if you so chose. The sound quality is typical of table top radios and is satisfactory but certainly not Hi Fi quality. I would recommend this radio to anyone who is tired of listening of commercial radio and wants tune in to thousands of stations with continuous streaming of music that will satisfy anyone.