5.0 out of 5 stars Finally they got these things right!
Question: For the first time in history we can listen to music, opinion and discussion from anywhere in the world, so why has Internet radio barely penetrated the consumer market?

My only beef is that I can't yet listen to Internet Radio in the car. Yes, I am a fan.

Published 23 months ago by BillyFields

1.0 out of 5 stars quit working
Worked fine for 2 weeks - I used the headphone plug a couple of times == now when I unplugged the phones the speaker on the radio doesn't work..

The sound still works through headphones if I plug back in and the line out works to a amp but radio speaker doesn.t work ---- I turned the speaker on and off and on and off through settings -- no difference...
Published 16 months ago by Gary in Abbotsford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally they got these things right!, July 26 2012
This review is from: Grace Digital Audio GDI-IRC6000 Mondo 3.5-Inch color TFT Internet Radio (Electronics)

So this Grace Mondo is my 3'rd internet radio in as many years. First two were a Sanyo R227 & Aluratek AIRMM01F.

The Sanyo is ok but has a quirky minimalist LED interface. Resets itself from time to time. Can be slow. Audio fair.

The Aluratek is easier to set up and use and a somewhat easier interface but still a somewhat nurdy thing. Audio: fair minus.

The Grace Mondo finally got it right. Very intuitive interface! As easy to use as any old AM-FM box but with a lot more functionality. Love the colours and the fact that the station logo appears when you play it. Selected stations come up almost instantly. And the little additions like "local radio", "weather" are actually useful.

IMHO these radios absolutely must have external speakers. Makes all the difference, at least for music. And as far as I know, this may the first internet radio that has real stereo jacks so I can hook directly to my amp instead of using separate computer speakers.

I never give a 10/10 so I'll give it a 11/10. OK, a bit overboard but goes to the point that I really like the thing.

Oh, forgot to add, Audio: fair plus. Which is why you need external speakers!

Buy it, you will love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Was working fine for around 3 months, and now it has been replaced, April 8 2013
Brad in Burnaby (Burnaby, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
o8-APR-2013 - Purchased and received new in Dec-2012 it worked fine. Pandora does not apply to Canada though, not a show stopper. Show stopper is: early March 2013, (a few weeks ago) suddently it can not find any wifi networks. I have chatted with the grace canada tech person (who pointed me back to amazon.ca) and I have chatted with the grace online support, doing factor resets, and the works but nothing will get it finding wifi again. When this radio is working, I would give it 4.5 out of 5 (this is my first internet radio, so nothing else to compare it to really). Now that is not working, an obvious 1 or lower. I will try and update this review as things happen.
1 hour has passed. Amazon help chat indicated 30 days has gone and I am on my own with the California, US company support. The US company tried to direct me back to Canada, but I told them Grace canada already indicated they do not do it because this product is brought in under amazon.com. So, Grace US will fix it, but wants me to pay shipping both ways. US customers get free return shipping. I don't know what the costs are but will update once I konw. Gee, I already paid $9.00 in shipping once... Not happy right now.
Now it is all up to me. This is my first 'major' purchase from Amazon.ca and I am not impressed. If I wanted the US price and service, I would have used the amazon.com. Too bad I got a lemon and nothing from amazon.ca but 'see ya later, thanks for the money'.
09-APR-2013 - Postage to US will cost 25.00 CAD, Return postage will cost minimum 27.00 USD = approx 52.00 CAD with exchange rate ripoff probably 55.00 CAD easily.
Total cost of postage paid on this will be (including original from amazon.ca) $55.00+$9.00= $64.00. Fixed radio resell value will probably be less. Will update again once I have made a decision. Still not happy.

10-APR-2013 - WOW. Received replacement from amazon.ca - had not not checked my e-mail and therefore had no idea it was coming. New unit works fine, and old unit will be returned postage compliments of amazon.ca. Did I say WOW ? I am so happy :) My only concern is that if the product stops working again in two or three months, my ordeal will start again. But until then, THANK YOU Amazon.ca. You really did change attitude toward you.
THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

As long as it works, I give it at least 4 stars out of 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars quit working, Feb. 21 2013

Contacted Grace digital but I didn.t buy from them so they said they had no record of me buying from them ---- I bought from Amazon.ca -- who do I talk to ???

I am disappointed. Looks like I will have to send back at my cost -- not pleased.Grace Audio in

I tried a factory reset --- nothing seems to work ---- not clear who I should contact ??

A few hours later ----

Because of my review I receive a notice from Amazon.ca that they would be sending me a new radio --- they also gave me a link to print a prepaid shipping label and bar code authorization.

I have already boxed it up and mailed back (Canada Post) to Amazon --- hope it all works out -- will update the result -- they say I should have the radio by Feb 27 . One other thing the battery cover on the remote keeps falling off -- I returned that as well hope they send a new one.

I am pleased by Amazon's quick response --- will update the results --- the manual does say to contact Grace audio support --- wrong advice ---- Grace told me Amazon brings radios from U.S. so they can't help with support.

More later

Received a new radio and remote from Amazon the next day --- thanks Amazon -- amazing service, New radio works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent radio, Nov. 4 2012
One of my better buys. Exceeded all expectations.
The sound is great as a stand alone and becomes a reliable tuner when jacked into the stereo. WiFi is solid and simple. Organization of internet radio genres is straight forward. Thousands of available stations give one all the variety desired.

5.0 out of 5 stars great radio!!!, Jan. 3 2014
Bought this for my husband at Christmas, has it beside his bedside. Uses it as radio and alarm clock. Great radio, great reception. Can catch hundreds of channels from all over the world.

Was delivered in 2 days!!!!

Recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellente radio internet que je recommande., July 9 2014
J'adore cette radio internet, excellente sonorité, facile à utiliser et surtout superbe écran. 10 stations préprogrammées, c'est super.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grace Digital Audio GDI-IRC6000 Mondo Internet Radio, July 5 2014
So far love the radio, endless variety of radio stations all over the world. I have it connected to the stereo amplifier ( for that you have to disable it’s default speaker in settings ) , works like a charm . Very intuitive and user friendly interface. I would recommend the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and very useful, June 22 2014
Radio is fantastic for listening my favourite polish stations. You can get any station you wish from all over the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Internet Radio, June 19 2014
Radio is a little better than the Logitech Squeezebox in that the screen is larger and button layout is easier to use. Use this outside the office areas for privacy back ground noise. Considering adding speakers but not sure what the power output will be like. Would recommend this radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 20 2014
H. L. (Montreal, Quebec.) - See all my reviews
Works like a charm! Sound is OK. The multiples channels are all working fine. I love it!
For the price, you won't regret it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›