Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on March 5, 2014
Buyer beware: I read all of the reviews warning me about this product's many quality problems, but I did not heed them. Please don't make the same mistake.

Are there negative stars? Because Grace Audio, you have given me the worst experience I have ever had with a consumer product. I am about to have to pay $50 to ship my Mondo internet radio for the SECOND TIME IN 6 months because I have the misfortune of living in Canada, having bought the thing from Amazon Canada.

This product has broken for the second time since I bought it in August, 2013. It broke in September. After I paid to ship it back to California the first time, they supposedly fixed it. They did not give me a new one, mind you, they gave me the same one. It did work for a few months after I got it back. But it has broken again. After speaking to their "customer service" people tonight, and trying all the same fixes they recommended last time, I am left with the same choice as before: to pay another $50 to ship it to California, only to be forced to do the same thing again if it doesn't work again. This is a $125 radio, and I will have paid $225 if I actually get the thing back fully repaired. But if it breaks again...? Same thing. They told me that none of this would have been a problem if I were not living in Canada, where the warranties are not valid.

I have never written a negative review about a consumer product, but I'm doing so now. They have no right to allow Canadian retailers --including Amazon Canada-- to sell their products if the warranty is not valid in Canada. Moreover, AMAZON has no business selling products on their website whose advertised warranties are not valid in Canada.

on April 8, 2013
o8-APR-2013 - Purchased and received new in Dec-2012 it worked fine. Pandora does not apply to Canada though, not a show stopper. Show stopper is: early March 2013, (a few weeks ago) suddently it can not find any wifi networks. I have chatted with the grace canada tech person (who pointed me back to and I have chatted with the grace online support, doing factor resets, and the works but nothing will get it finding wifi again. When this radio is working, I would give it 4.5 out of 5 (this is my first internet radio, so nothing else to compare it to really). Now that is not working, an obvious 1 or lower. I will try and update this review as things happen.
1 hour has passed. Amazon help chat indicated 30 days has gone and I am on my own with the California, US company support. The US company tried to direct me back to Canada, but I told them Grace canada already indicated they do not do it because this product is brought in under So, Grace US will fix it, but wants me to pay shipping both ways. US customers get free return shipping. I don't know what the costs are but will update once I konw. Gee, I already paid $9.00 in shipping once... Not happy right now.
Now it is all up to me. This is my first 'major' purchase from and I am not impressed. If I wanted the US price and service, I would have used the Too bad I got a lemon and nothing from but 'see ya later, thanks for the money'.
09-APR-2013 - Postage to US will cost 25.00 CAD, Return postage will cost minimum 27.00 USD = approx 52.00 CAD with exchange rate ripoff probably 55.00 CAD easily.
Total cost of postage paid on this will be (including original from $55.00+$9.00= $64.00. Fixed radio resell value will probably be less. Will update again once I have made a decision. Still not happy.

10-APR-2013 - WOW. Received replacement from - had not not checked my e-mail and therefore had no idea it was coming. New unit works fine, and old unit will be returned postage compliments of Did I say WOW ? I am so happy :) My only concern is that if the product stops working again in two or three months, my ordeal will start again. But until then, THANK YOU You really did change attitude toward you.

As long as it works, I give it at least 4 stars out of 5.
on July 26, 2012
Question: For the first time in history we can listen to music, opinion and discussion from anywhere in the world, so why has Internet radio barely penetrated the consumer market?

My only beef is that I can't yet listen to Internet Radio in the car. Yes, I am a fan.

So this Grace Mondo is my 3'rd internet radio in as many years. First two were a Sanyo R227 & Aluratek AIRMM01F.

The Sanyo is ok but has a quirky minimalist LED interface. Resets itself from time to time. Can be slow. Audio fair.

The Aluratek is easier to set up and use and a somewhat easier interface but still a somewhat nurdy thing. Audio: fair minus.

The Grace Mondo finally got it right. Very intuitive interface! As easy to use as any old AM-FM box but with a lot more functionality. Love the colours and the fact that the station logo appears when you play it. Selected stations come up almost instantly. And the little additions like "local radio", "weather" are actually useful.

IMHO these radios absolutely must have external speakers. Makes all the difference, at least for music. And as far as I know, this may the first internet radio that has real stereo jacks so I can hook directly to my amp instead of using separate computer speakers.

I never give a 10/10 so I'll give it a 11/10. OK, a bit overboard but goes to the point that I really like the thing.

Oh, forgot to add, Audio: fair plus. Which is why you need external speakers!

Buy it, you will love it!!
on February 21, 2013
Worked fine for 2 weeks - I used the headphone plug a couple of times == now when I unplugged the phones the speaker on the radio doesn't work..

The sound still works through headphones if I plug back in and the line out works to a amp but radio speaker doesn.t work ---- I turned the speaker on and off and on and off through settings -- no difference.

Contacted Grace digital but I didn.t buy from them so they said they had no record of me buying from them ---- I bought from -- who do I talk to ???

I am disappointed. Looks like I will have to send back at my cost -- not pleased.Grace Audio in

I tried a factory reset --- nothing seems to work ---- not clear who I should contact ??

A few hours later ----

Because of my review I receive a notice from that they would be sending me a new radio --- they also gave me a link to print a prepaid shipping label and bar code authorization.

I have already boxed it up and mailed back (Canada Post) to Amazon --- hope it all works out -- will update the result -- they say I should have the radio by Feb 27 . One other thing the battery cover on the remote keeps falling off -- I returned that as well hope they send a new one.

I am pleased by Amazon's quick response --- will update the results --- the manual does say to contact Grace audio support --- wrong advice ---- Grace told me Amazon brings radios from U.S. so they can't help with support.

More later

Received a new radio and remote from Amazon the next day --- thanks Amazon -- amazing service, New radio works great.
on November 4, 2012
One of my better buys. Exceeded all expectations.
The sound is great as a stand alone and becomes a reliable tuner when jacked into the stereo. WiFi is solid and simple. Organization of internet radio genres is straight forward. Thousands of available stations give one all the variety desired.
on April 23, 2013
This is my second Grace Digital radio.The first one that I bought a few years ago is still working fine, though the screen display started blinking suspiciously some time ago and I thought it would die but the blinking hasn't occurred recently. My Grace Mondo is wonderful. I purchased it for one fundamental reason - I listen to a lot of podcasts and the Logitech Radio that I have refuses to play most of them. Their customer service said it isn't Logitech's fault. I told them the podcasts play flawlessly on Grace DIgital. Finally exasperated I bought my Mondo and am happy. I have a few remarks, though, and would like to share them.
First, I purchased online a white Mondo, they sent me a black one. White would have gone better in my bedroom but I didn't want to make a fuss about it.
Second, the remote control is a lovely addition as you can leave your radio fingerprint-free but the remote is not very responsive. If you are not 15 inches in front of the radio, it doesn't work.But I am happy nevertheless.
Third, I need one alarm for Monday through Thursday and a second alarm for Friday that will start an hour earlier. I don't see that kind of option. For the first alarm I chose "weekdays" and for the second "Once-Friday". On Friday the second alarm starts but an hour later the other alarm starts too so I have to wait a full hour before I leave home. I don't feel ok about it. Maybe I don't understand something. I need some help here.
Fourth, the number of stations in the USA, Canada and the UK is staggering. It would be soooo perfect if the stations could be grouped in provinces or states or big cities as they have done in Logitech. Sometimes I just feel like listening to some jazzy station from New Orleans, USA for example. I have to go on the internet, find out what stations are aired in New Orleans, make my choice, and then try to find that station in the Mondo database. It would be sooo much smoother if I could just choose "USA- Louisiana-New Orleans" and then see what they offer down there. I believe this feature would make the Mondo perfect!!!!
This said, I repeat - I am absolutely happy with my Mondo.
on January 3, 2014
Bought this for my husband at Christmas, has it beside his bedside. Uses it as radio and alarm clock. Great radio, great reception. Can catch hundreds of channels from all over the world.

Was delivered in 2 days!!!!

Recommend this product.
on October 1, 2015
Good fundamental design on this WiFi radio, but it seems to be just shy in horsepower for the job. I like the physical design, and the menu layout seems to work well. Several features don't work in Canada like the weather service and the online radio services that aren't available here. If you're looking to listen to the online component of you're favorite over-air stations this will work fine. The big downfall is the unit cuts out randomly and often as it buffers more content. It appears it can't keep up with the broadcast stream over WiFi.

I live in a steel building and radio reception is all but blocked so I intended to use this as a my alarm clock radio. I've fed the WiFi receiver with an AC3200 class WiFi router, and the unit has always shown it's got 100%, nonetheless it irregularly cuts out for long or short periods. You just never know how long it'll take to get back on-air.

I decided to try the USB / Ethernet adapter available for this unit, it has transformed the radio into an extremely solid performer, no breaks in the stream at all since adding the adapter. I'm now very happy with the radio, just unhappy I had to dedicate a network port to it. I'd advise anyone considering this unit to add the adapter to your purchase, you won't regret it.
on March 9, 2014
I was looking for a bedside radio/music player to replace an old Bose Wave Radio with a buggy CD player. Mostly used for a bed time music 'ritual' to help me fall asleep. Sound quality was somewhat important, loudness was not a requirement.
No CD player, but a USB port on back to put in my favorite 'nighty night' music, which suits my needs perfectly. It also hooked up to our home wireless network without issue. Some reviews here complained about having to key in the network code with a rotary selection dial. Really?!? Unless you're renewing your code daily, this is a ONE time task, so what!?!?
An unexpected but welcome side result was that after registering my device on the GraceReciva website, Pandora worked (in Canada) with NO further workarounds!
Sound quality is OK, perfect for bedroom, wouldn't want it as my main source for music, but not bad. Yes the clicks from buttons on front and top don't 'sound' or feel like high end (you'll know what I mean when you try it), BUT they function perfectly.
My ONE complaint is that the display is to bright for bedside in a dark room. Yes, there are multiple light levels, but on the lowest it is still light enough to light up our room like a brighter night light. Alternative is to set brightness control to off. That's what we do, of course it quits being a clock when you can't see it, but if you reach out and turn front dial display will light for a few seconds an you can read the time. This 'light off' setting doesn't effect function at all, alarms still work, sleep mode etc.
Very pleased overall and 5 stars if display would dim down a few more Lumens.
on November 27, 2012
A truly awesome product!

Well built, sets up easily, stations are easily added via website. Sound is extremely strong and rich in bass for a relatively small box and easily fills medium sized rooms. I was quite astonished at the excellent sound.

I enjoy the podcast feature, too. I initially had problems adding a podcast (done via the manufacturer website) but their Live Chat support helped.

The website is particularly handy for finding and adding stations (and adding podcasts). Those that you set up then become available to all your radios. Adding things via the 3.5" screen is easy enough (much like adding your name to an arcade game) but the website is faster and it keeps your list safe.

While the WiFi was trouble-free to set up, its reception range seems somewhat weaker than my other devices (e.g. a tablet) making it more sensitive to location with respect to the WiFi router.

I tried the music streaming from a PC, but it seems it doesn't support lossless WMA (no doubt regular WMA will wok). Finding albums/artists was easy, though.

I look forward to taking one along when travelling (it's quite portable, complete with a built-in hand grip), and have already ordered a second one for another room and the nostalgic wooded one for the living room :)