4.0 out of 5 stars A fine instalment in the series.
AC:R is one of the better games in the series so far, having played the three prior in chronological order. It refines many of the rough edges see in AC:B through the improved combat system and stealth detection. However by far the biggest improvement in my opinion is the brotherhood system, which was finally done right.

The gameplay is the best it has ever...
Published 16 months ago by Michael

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Game ...but
Published on Feb. 14 2012 by NyteOwl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine instalment in the series., Dec 16 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Revelations (Video Game)

The gameplay is the best it has ever been, and the 16th century Constantinople setting is both a pleasure to look at and free run through. There are a couple of things out of the game from previous installments, such as horses and flying machines, but they have been replaced with equally interesting elements, although I felt that they sometimes derail the flow of the story too much. The story is excellent, far more engaging it's predecessor, but falls short of the masterfully segmented events of the second game. I think it's still worth the pick up before AC3 but isn't crucial to your enjoyment or understanding of the series.

Overall I would say AC2>AC:R>AC:B>AC1. The game gets an 8.5/10 from me, with AC2 being a 9, AC:B being an 8, and AC1 being a 7.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Game ...but, Feb. 14 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Like its predecessors Revelations has fantastic graphics, an interesting storyline and good game play. Unfortunately, it seems this episode, at least for the PC, was rushed out the door. On a fully patched and up to date OS, I encountered never ending problems with graphics tearing, mouse sensitivity and crashes, so much so I could play no further than a sequence into the game. Many of these problems apparently have been solved in the patches - if one can get the patches. I have tried for almost a month to download the patches without success and so I have been unable to proceed further.

According to Ubisoft soft support, who have patiently provided suggestions, it is a connection problem. However, even with all but the most essential services needed to run the system disabled, and no other software loaded the patch download (while it completes) continues to return a CRC error and so will not patch.

Following some advice on the Ubi forums, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. This resulted in errors from the installer saying certain files were invalid and media was corrupt. This is the same media used to install the first time and is intact and damage free.

Attempts to re-download the patch met with the same failures as before. Additionally you cannot download the patch file separately from the program launcher and run the patch manually.

I have been using computers of one sort or another for over 35 years and have never had as much trouble with a piece of software as I have with this game. The previous three episodes were no problem at all, but whether it is a flaw with the program, the patch system or the DRM used, Revelations has been a disaster. Or maybe it's time
that these games intended for the PC were made for the platform natively, instead of being designed for a console and then ported to the PC.

While I concede that it may be a quirk in my particular setup (though even stripped down, the patch system doesn't work right) it shouldn't be this hard to install patch and play a computer game.

The game on the console (played at a friend's place) has some quirks is much more stable and useable than the PC version.

In any case Revelation on the PC has been a major disappointment and waste of money since the game is unplayable as is and it seems unpatchable as well. 5 stars for concept and graphics, 1 star for technical implementation for an average of three.

As with all things, especially computer software, "your mileage may vary".

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best games around, Feb. 9 2014
To me this is one of the best games around. The purchase went exactly as mentioned--on time and in new condition. Nothing else to say.

2.0 out of 5 stars well, Nov. 26 2013
this should have been just a DL content, instead they made a game and it's far from being worth the time

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite AC game (thus far), Nov. 8 2013
There isn't much to say about it. I got into Assassin's Creed when I finally hooked my PS3 back up a couple months ago, and I absolutely hated the first game (shoddy controls and a water level when you can't swim, really?). I enjoyed AC2 rather well, and when the chance arose to purchase the next two iterations in the series (Revelations and Brotherhood) I took it.

I passed on writing this review until I finished the game, and I have to say the series is getting better with each game that I play. I'm interested in seeing how the 4th game fares in regards to gameplay and things that annoy me. For example, in Revelations it annoyed me that if a guard is priming to shoot you, you can't dodge it with the dodge hotkey. You have to exit battle mode and either run to cover or attack the guard firing at you.

I enjoyed the assassin recruitment concept, as well as sending them off to earn experience, money, bomb ingredients, and acquire new lands. It's a great addition and helped a lot with my renovating around Istanbul since I'm the type of player that takes it slow in regards to combat and tries to build up a nest economically. At the end of the game, I had over 200k saved up.

In conclusion, I'm pleased with my purchase, and definitely recommend it to anyone that's interested in purchasing AC3 after playing through the second. I don't recommend buying this game if it's your first time with the Creed series, and I'd suggest you play the first game (as much as I hated it) just to get acquainted with the series. However, if you want, you can just skip to AC2 since there's not very many critical plot points addressed in the first game.

Edit: I'm editing this to point out that I am a bit of a dunce and somehow thought this was the 3rd installation of the Assassin's Creed series. I blame fatigue for this error, but it doesn't change my opinion that the game is incredible, and I will now be playing the REAL 3rd installment of this series. Woops! Simply switch around the references to the 3rd and 4th AC games and we're golden!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, Jan. 30 2013
Brian Sharwood (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
It's pretty similar to many of the other Assassin's Creed games, but it's good. Hours of great entertainment, challenging but not too difficult.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Gift, Jan. 17 2013
My 18 year old has thoroughly enjoyed this series of PS3 games. I was happy to get this at a reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dat Creed..., Jan. 14 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Revelations (Video Game)
I don't understand the story, but I'm really pleased with my purchase. Considering the price I got it for, it's a good bargin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed Revelations, Dec 30 2012
Joni Phillips (Cape Tormentine, New Brunswick Canada) - See all my reviews
I purchased this game for my grandson and he really loves thet game. he has played it and is very happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, Dec 26 2012
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Revelations (Video Game)
Great follow up to Brotherhood! Very proud that this product comes from my hometown, Montréal!!
Fans will not be let down!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb2405c00)

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed Revelations by Ubisoft (Xbox 360)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 13.98