5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!
Published 9 months ago by Kelsey

3.0 out of 5 stars works great, but broke
This thing works well and its real easy to change blades. only complaint is that i dropped it on a tile floor (one too many times) and the head seperated from the shaft. It was good enough to buy another one though because im sure that if it wasnt for the abuse this thing would have lasted atleast a decade.
Published 12 months ago by Steve Hartfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, Feb. 27 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Parker 99R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor & 10 blades SHARK & BLUEBIRD - Heavyweight + Long Handle!
Purchased for my husband as his first single blade razor. Needless to say he loves it and thinks it is much better than any (single, double, triple blade, etc) he has purchased in store. Also bought Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream and Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades based on the reviews posted on Amazon.ca and I couldn't have been happier. I definitely recommend and also recommend checking out some videos on YouTube if you are nervous about using this razor or this type of razor for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Razor For A Great Price, Nov. 7 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I am so happy with this razor. I bought it because I was sick of buying disposables every other week. With just one blade I get a much, much closer shave. You can't beat the price of the blades safety razors use either (and this razor comes with 10 free blades which will last you a long time). I bought a Parker Shaving Brush to use with the 99R, which I am also very happy with. It's such a relaxing experience to take 10 or 15 minutes out of your day for a close shave.

Just be careful your first couple times shaving with this thing. Watch some youtube videos on how to shave with a safety razor before trying the 99R out on your own face. I didn't and I nicked myself 3 or 4 times.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Razor, Aug. 16 2014
Like many reviewers, I am new to using a DE razor. I purchased this model specifically for the long handle after having seen some DE razors in stores which seemed ridiculously small for my hands.I found that the length is very nice in the hand, the weight feels right and the texture of the handle is easy to grip with wet hands. The butterfly opening makes it very easy and quick to replace blades. Shaving with this is a great experience compared to my Proglide with practically no resistance from facial hair using the Astra Superior Platinums that I also purchased. The razor also does not seem to get gummed up with hair and foam as I shave unlike a cartridge. There were a couple of very small imperfections in the texture of the handle but I am still giving this five stars as it is entirely functional and I'm using it as a tool, not displaying it as art although it is a very attractive item. It is well worth the purchase price ($37.95 at this time.)

3.0 out of 5 stars works great, but broke, Nov. 29 2013
Steve Hartfield (nova scotia, canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaves well, but quality could be better..., March 25 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Never owned a safety razor before, but it was pretty easy to figure out how everything works. Also, not sure if it gets as close as my regular razor, but that could easily be my fault.

My main issue was that the razor arrived with many scratches and chips, however, it wasn't worth the time and effort it would take to return it, especially if I ended up receiving another razor with the same problem.

UPDATE: After shaving with it for a while, I find it pretty nice to use. Never managed to cut myself either, other than a minor scratch here and there.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with safety razor, Jan. 5 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
After trying this razor for a couple of weeks i must say i am very pleased. The performance and price is all so fantastic i really forsee some kind of retro razor revolution in the future where everyone "starts" using these.

If you're thinking about it just do it. no regrets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good..., Dec 28 2011
Pros;
- Well weighted
- Well made - works well mechanically

Cons:
- Handle not very grippy - especially when wet. I have to dry off the handle and my hands a few times.

Other comments:
- Handle was not as long as I expected, but this was my first razor so maybe this is the standard length.

3.0 out of 5 stars slippery handle, June 29 2013
A. Mascherin "some-guy" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I have an old Gilette Rocket Flare Tip that I got from my grandfather and I bought this because I had never tried anything different and thought maybe there were better/newer safety razors out there. Well unfortunately I was wrong. This razor is definitely shinier and newer than my Rocket, but definitely not better. The weight is ok (being heavier than my Gilette), but the problem is the handle. It's really slippery. The grip is almost useless and with the added weight seems even more useless.

I can't really comment on how well it shaves because I could barely get through a single shave without the razor constantly slipping out of my hand.

I'll give it a few more tries, but I don't have much hope for this one. Btw, I don't think it came with the blades as advertised, although it's not a huge concern as I already had blades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Sept. 20 2014
I have been using a Rinky-dink safety razor for years so I finally decided to take the plunge. After reading a few reviews regarding Parker products I ordered the 99R. It is FANTASTIC!! Nice heft and balance. Beautiful chrome finish. I would(will) definitely buy from Parker again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Double Edge Safety Razor, May 7 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is my first safety razor so I do not have much to compare against. I have used it 2 times now on the same blade. The first session was bloody but I believe it was because I was rushing like I would with my cartridge razor. Second session was good. Only a couple of cuts or nicks. I don't think I will be going back to cartridge razors again. I will probably order some better blades though.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›