5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Razor
Published 5 days ago by Brendan Garnham

3.0 out of 5 stars works great, but broke
This thing works well and its real easy to change blades. only complaint is that i dropped it on a tile floor (one too many times) and the head seperated from the shaft. It was good enough to buy another one though because im sure that if it wasnt for the abuse this thing would have lasted atleast a decade.
Published 8 months ago by Steve Hartfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Razor, Aug. 16 2014
This review is from: Parker 99R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor & 10 blades SHARK & BLUEBIRD - Heavyweight + Long Handle!
Like many reviewers, I am new to using a DE razor. I purchased this model specifically for the long handle after having seen some DE razors in stores which seemed ridiculously small for my hands.I found that the length is very nice in the hand, the weight feels right and the texture of the handle is easy to grip with wet hands. The butterfly opening makes it very easy and quick to replace blades. Shaving with this is a great experience compared to my Proglide with practically no resistance from facial hair using the Astra Superior Platinums that I also purchased. The razor also does not seem to get gummed up with hair and foam as I shave unlike a cartridge. There were a couple of very small imperfections in the texture of the handle but I am still giving this five stars as it is entirely functional and I'm using it as a tool, not displaying it as art although it is a very attractive item. It is well worth the purchase price ($37.95 at this time.)

3.0 out of 5 stars works great, but broke, Nov. 29 2013
Steve Hartfield (nova scotia, canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaves well, but quality could be better..., March 25 2012
Never owned a safety razor before, but it was pretty easy to figure out how everything works. Also, not sure if it gets as close as my regular razor, but that could easily be my fault.

My main issue was that the razor arrived with many scratches and chips, however, it wasn't worth the time and effort it would take to return it, especially if I ended up receiving another razor with the same problem.

UPDATE: After shaving with it for a while, I find it pretty nice to use. Never managed to cut myself either, other than a minor scratch here and there.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with safety razor, Jan. 5 2012
After trying this razor for a couple of weeks i must say i am very pleased. The performance and price is all so fantastic i really forsee some kind of retro razor revolution in the future where everyone "starts" using these.

If you're thinking about it just do it. no regrets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good..., Dec 28 2011
Pros;
- Well weighted
- Well made - works well mechanically

Cons:
- Handle not very grippy - especially when wet. I have to dry off the handle and my hands a few times.

Other comments:
- Handle was not as long as I expected, but this was my first razor so maybe this is the standard length.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Double Edge Safety Razor, May 7 2014
This is my first safety razor so I do not have much to compare against. I have used it 2 times now on the same blade. The first session was bloody but I believe it was because I was rushing like I would with my cartridge razor. Second session was good. Only a couple of cuts or nicks. I don't think I will be going back to cartridge razors again. I will probably order some better blades though.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, April 28 2014
Being somewhat new to this safety razor craze, I purchase this as my second razor. I am in love with it. works great, cleans easily, and provides a great shave. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 years later I find the perfect shaving instrument, April 23 2014
Joseph V. Gallivan (Kingston, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
First of all, I have never used an electric razor, even though I grew up watching my Dad at his bedside each morning using his old General Electric. I've never used disposable blade razors either, knowing that there was no way I was going to get a good shave. So for the past three decades I have gone through a variety of razors -- single blade, Trac II, Schick Quad blade and based on the advertising all around me, believed that I was getting a 'close shave'. Now I know better after purchasing this Parker safety razor. I'll keep it simple: there is NO COMPARISON between the shave I get with this baby compared to any other blade shaver I've used. Add a shaving brush, some Proraso shave cream, and the willingness to spend 10 minutes in the morning on this ritual. 'Baby face' comes to mind with virtually no stubble. Add the fact that the razor blades themselves are dirt cheap and you've got a winner here. My one tip: let the weight of the razor do the job for you, on a 30 degree angle from your skin -- don't 'push' at your beard like you have with all your previous Bics and Schicks and Gillettes. You won't regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaver, March 2 2014
Extremely well made great for guys with baseball gloves for hands. Nice weight to it price was right very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, Feb. 27 2014
Purchased for my husband as his first single blade razor. Needless to say he loves it and thinks it is much better than any (single, double, triple blade, etc) he has purchased in store. Also bought Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream and Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades based on the reviews posted on Amazon.ca and I couldn't have been happier. I definitely recommend and also recommend checking out some videos on YouTube if you are nervous about using this razor or this type of razor for the first time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›