countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on June 7, 2016
Forever converted.

Got this raiser after I became fed up with the disposable type. Felt I was being ridiculously wasteful and throwing money away. Got this beauty and I'm so glad I went for the extended handle. The regular handle doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps my hands are larger than most or something, but this "extended" handle seemed to be what a typical person would want. The balance is great. So easy to change blades and a pleasure to use. I can't say enough good things about this. I don't feel like I'm wasting money or filling up a landfill with plastic razors anymore. Don't be fooled by the gimmicky 6 blade BS. 1 proper blade in this razor will give you the closest shave you have ever had. The blades seem to last way longer than the name brand gimmick ones as well. I change blades probably every 12-15 shaves. Sometimes earlier if I've gotten lazy for a few days.

Would never go back to the other. Ever.
on February 27, 2014
Purchased for my husband as his first single blade razor. Needless to say he loves it and thinks it is much better than any (single, double, triple blade, etc) he has purchased in store. Also bought Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream and Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades based on the reviews posted on Amazon.ca and I couldn't have been happier. I definitely recommend and also recommend checking out some videos on YouTube if you are nervous about using this razor or this type of razor for the first time.
on April 23, 2014
First of all, I have never used an electric razor, even though I grew up watching my Dad at his bedside each morning using his old General Electric. I've never used disposable blade razors either, knowing that there was no way I was going to get a good shave. So for the past three decades I have gone through a variety of razors -- single blade, Trac II, Schick Quad blade and based on the advertising all around me, believed that I was getting a 'close shave'. Now I know better after purchasing this Parker safety razor. I'll keep it simple: there is NO COMPARISON between the shave I get with this baby compared to any other blade shaver I've used. Add a shaving brush, some Proraso shave cream, and the willingness to spend 10 minutes in the morning on this ritual. 'Baby face' comes to mind with virtually no stubble. Add the fact that the razor blades themselves are dirt cheap and you've got a winner here. My one tip: let the weight of the razor do the job for you, on a 30 degree angle from your skin -- don't 'push' at your beard like you have with all your previous Bics and Schicks and Gillettes. You won't regret it!!
on June 9, 2016
My first classic razor. Survived the transition from cartridge with a few minor nicks and cuts but I can't blame that on the product. Hefty and sturdy soninknownit will last. A reviewer said it might not be the best intro to classic shaving and I might agree but I've been shaving long enough that I managed to learn the proper angle for me.
on December 28, 2011
Pros;
- Well weighted
- Well made - works well mechanically

Cons:
- Handle not very grippy - especially when wet. I have to dry off the handle and my hands a few times.

Other comments:
- Handle was not as long as I expected, but this was my first razor so maybe this is the standard length.
on November 7, 2014
I am so happy with this razor. I bought it because I was sick of buying disposables every other week. With just one blade I get a much, much closer shave. You can't beat the price of the blades safety razors use either (and this razor comes with 10 free blades which will last you a long time). I bought a Parker Shaving Brush to use with the 99R, which I am also very happy with. It's such a relaxing experience to take 10 or 15 minutes out of your day for a close shave.

Just be careful your first couple times shaving with this thing. Watch some youtube videos on how to shave with a safety razor before trying the 99R out on your own face. I didn't and I nicked myself 3 or 4 times.
review image
on February 6, 2014
This was my first safety razor and I will never go back. it took me about a week to get the technique down, but now I get an amazing shave every morning. I can even shave against the grain now with no irritation whatsoever. the Bluebird blades were a lot better than the Shark brand, but maybe they will work better for you. luckily they both come with the razor. if you're considering buying this, stop, and buy it.
on May 7, 2014
This is my first safety razor so I do not have much to compare against. I have used it 2 times now on the same blade. The first session was bloody but I believe it was because I was rushing like I would with my cartridge razor. Second session was good. Only a couple of cuts or nicks. I don't think I will be going back to cartridge razors again. I will probably order some better blades though.
on August 16, 2014
Like many reviewers, I am new to using a DE razor. I purchased this model specifically for the long handle after having seen some DE razors in stores which seemed ridiculously small for my hands.I found that the length is very nice in the hand, the weight feels right and the texture of the handle is easy to grip with wet hands. The butterfly opening makes it very easy and quick to replace blades. Shaving with this is a great experience compared to my Proglide with practically no resistance from facial hair using the Astra Superior Platinums that I also purchased. The razor also does not seem to get gummed up with hair and foam as I shave unlike a cartridge. There were a couple of very small imperfections in the texture of the handle but I am still giving this five stars as it is entirely functional and I'm using it as a tool, not displaying it as art although it is a very attractive item. It is well worth the purchase price ($37.95 at this time.)
on January 5, 2012
After trying this razor for a couple of weeks i must say i am very pleased. The performance and price is all so fantastic i really forsee some kind of retro razor revolution in the future where everyone "starts" using these.

If you're thinking about it just do it. no regrets.