march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on August 23, 2011
I've been using straight razors for about 4 years now, and amassed a small but high quality collection including Dovo, Thiers-Issard, Soligen. This little razor is a great starter or travel razor . Straight's are not for everyone and there is definitely a learning curve, this little razor would be great for someone thinking about getting into shaving with a Straight Razor for a moderate price. Cheers MR.
on October 14, 2012
The Parker SR1 shavette may be a "cheap" product but it works well!

The good:
Thin profile of the razor makes it easy to get in under your nose and angle it the way you want.
The sample Shark blades aren't that bad.
The weight/balance seems nice.
Clamp that holds the blade in place is very sturdy.
Not as flimsy as others make it out to be.

The bad:
The pins that hold the razor in place can hit the scales when closing it. The blade itself is covered though.

Edit: I updated the review to be a bit less critical as my initial review was too harsh. After longer use it's been fine razor.

I do not regret this purchase.
review image review image review image review image
on February 20, 2013
It is a good begginer razor and it is a good price. I can not complain it allowed me to try out a straight and is pretty cheap but will hold up.
on May 2, 2015
First off I would like to say that this is my first straight razor and that I, like many others, wanted to try out shaving with a straight razor before making the financial leap into buying a $200-$500 knife to run along my face along with the accessories (ie. strop, hone, stand, case, etc...). My razor arrived last night so I decided to use it this morning as a part of my Saturday morning have routine. When I first opened it I was met with a razor which had a lot more heft then I had expected. I had held the Spilo Magic Razor and the Dovo Shavette and was expecting something alog those lines in terms of weight and I was pleasantly suprised when I felt this. The balance is great and the shark blades it came with felt great to shave with. The product feels very sturdy and I have not noticed any issues I have read about others having. My first shave took me almost an hour for 2 passes but it was worth it. And it's true what they say: It's not hard to use if you ale your time. Findin the right angel was my issue but by my second pass I had no issues. Great product for the cost and it will last me for years to come. The only reason I only gave it a 4/5 is because I have nothing else to compare the shave to in terms of other straight razors and shavettes. Well worth the buy.
on November 22, 2011
shaving with the straight razor is the best. a closer shave and an experiance. this product works well.changing the blade is a no hassel situation.
on August 31, 2015
I don't understand the poor reviews here. For a 30 dollar razor, this is great value, and the blades it comes with are the perfect sharpness. I only nicked myself once, and that was in the weird area between the jaw and the ear that is hard to shave anyway. I bought this after having problems with a DE razor and I don't feel the need to go back. Replacing the blade was slightly confusing at first but after 2 tries the blade sits in firmly with no problems. I think this will last until I can take the plunge and buy a real straight razor, at any rate.
on December 2, 2014
My first Straight edge Razor and i don't use anything else anymore. Honestly these things look extremely intimidating but i swear to you it's extremely easy just take your time and you'll be a pro quicker than you think. You can't beat the edges you get with these straight razors. I made my cousin buy the same one so i definitely suggest it to you. I hope this review was helpful.
on January 31, 2013
Great affordable razor to get into straight edge shaving. Ideal started and a surprisingly close shave for the price. Highly recommended.
on February 21, 2013
I'm using this razor as a stepping stone to straight razor shaving - with the replaceable blades it is less maintenance. As other reviews have noted, the construction is fairly poor especially the rivets that hold the scales together look like they were beat by an unskilled hammersmith. Otherwise it does the the job its meant to do. The Shark super stainless blades are quite good (better than Derby that I've snapped in half myself).
After nicking my face quite a few times even when being extremely careful, I did some research and discovered these replaceable blade type straights can reportedly be trickier to wield than the real ones.

I would spend the extra cash for a proper straight if you're a beginner like I was.

See 1 answered question