summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 7, 2012
Some people might enjoy this film, but I didn't find it interesting. I found the story too ambitious and poorly executed, the characters predictable, and it tries to hard to be artistic. This movie isn't for everybody, I would recommend renting it before you shell out your hard earned dollars on this one.
on September 27, 2011
Don't waste your money on this awful movie. Overall the movie is pretty, great CGI and beautiful girls.

Turn it on and hit mute, because the story blows. I was expecting something great from Zack Snyder, I don't know why, I only liked Watchmen and didn't like his other movies.
on June 3, 2011
This movie is horrible. The action in the movie is pointless and not suspenseful at all (you'll know what I mean if you have seen it) and none of it really makes sense. Just a waste of time.
on June 27, 2011
A Japanese samurai action film, a medieval dragon battle with orcs, robotic drones on a mag/lev train to a futuristic city, steampunk zombies in a WW1 battle, a burlesque brothel, and in insane asylum for girls. What do these things have in common?

Nothing. These elements, on their own, would make for a great film, but cramming them together into 2 hours with no real cohesive thread is really quite an embarressment from a visionary director like Zack Snyder. Unfortunately, he also filmed multiple burlesque dance sequences which we saw NONE of, and only got a taste of during the final credits. Upon seeing that in the theater I said to myself "why couldn't I see THIS movie?".

Also, my problem are the people who say they 'loved' this movie. In what sense? Because the film, story, plot, and characters are all over the map and you're too confused by whats going on and you find yourself admiring the art direction that you say "wow, it looks good, so must be good!" or "there's something hidden here that I have to decipher the symbolism of so, I guess, I like this movie!" well there is something hidden here, the story, and when you look at it, its no good.